Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

1. Thorn, 4 minutes, transform my entire body
  2. Lucidis, 10 minutes, dilate time by at least a day
  3. James_uk2008, 3 minutes, instantly transform my body
  4. Masonc1, 5 minutes, create a working dream clock
  5. Omnisomnia, 10 minutes, have a fully lucid dream in heavy sleep lasting at least 25 min with no dilation
  6. MrLucidZombie, 4 minutes, Fly to 10 different countries and bring DC’s with
  5. Omnisomnia, 10 minutes, have a fully lucid dream in heavy sleep lasting at least 25 min with no dilation
  7. argon, 3 minutes, fly more than 5 meters above the ground.

LC 37 Signups

8. Scipio Xaos, 4 minutes, Find the DC I’ve been looking for.

Grr… Thorn.

And the list looked like it could use some love. :razz:

LC 37 Signups

9. Rhewin the Great and Powerful, 4-7 minutes, defeat Xander in our (ridiculously drawn out) lucid duel!

Hmmm… glad you added more points for the Quest… now I should prolly poke the rest of the mods so we get a new Quest for once XD

9. Rhewin the Great and Powerful, 4-7 minutes, defeat Xander in our (ridiculously drawn out) lucid duel!
  10. Cyclonic, few minutes, ride on a dragonfly

Here it is, a new participant :tongue:

I see we have at least ten people. LC 37 shall begin soon. Even after we start, people are still welcome to join until we hit 20 people.

Each task should be posted by 1:00 a.m. PST (GMT - 7:00). I plan to get the first task up on Thursday night, but I am feeling a little under the weather, so I may have to wait until the weekend to post the first task.

11. MagykKatte, 5 minutes, travel in time
  12. Siiw, 3 minutes, create something and remember it
  12. Siiw, 3 minutes, create something and remember it
  13. StarryGwee, 4-6 minutes, visit parts of Middle Earth (LOTR)

First task – Flying

Alright, let the 37th LC begin. I see we already have 13 people, so this is looking pretty exciting.

So, the first task is flying. I know that this is one of the most common things people do in their LDs, but I thought I would put a slight twist on it so as to make it fun and challenging, as well as an easy task to ease us into the competition.

The main goal here is to fly, but in a way you never have before. If you’ve never flown in your LDs, then simply flying will count. Basically, if you normally sprout wings in order to fly, then you must find another way you have never used before, such as flying like Superman, in order to earn the points. Remember, the person I judge to have the most creative way of flying out of all of you will be awarded the extra creativity points. Here is the breakdown for the points this round:

[b]1. Fly in a way you never have before – +40pts (Make sure to specify if you have met this requirement, otherwise I won’t be able to award you the points)

1. Fly again in a way you never have before – +20pts (Don’t use the method of flying you used for the main task and make sure to specify if you have met the criteria for this part of the task)

2. Fly – +10pts (It is as it seems; simply fly. It doesn’t have to be different from the ways you’ve flown before.)

3. Any way of flying that you have never done before, after completing the first two tasks - +5pts per tick[/b]

I know this may be simple for some of you, but hopefully you will find some creative and fun new ways to explore your dreams. This is meant to be a simple task to ease us into the LC, but the tasks that come after will be more challenging.

There has been some confusion on what I meant, so here is part of my explanation that I posted below.

[i]I am not going to be that strict on the definition of flight. If you feel that you achieved flying in your dreams, then that is probably good enough. However, I will also give you a more technical definition.

As the dictionary on my computer put it: Fly - move through the air under control.[/i]

So, have a good rest of your week and happy dreaming,
HeadInTheClouds :ok:

If I may ask, are there any technicalities with regards to defining flight besides “stay off of solid ground for an extended amount of time”? I’ve exhausted willpower flight, winged flight, and transformed flight in prior LDs, and I’m thinking of a somewhat borderline idea to get a new method. I see that you specifically mention not using different wings as a new method, and I assume that this ruling carries over to different transformations as well, so I need to think outside of the box just a bit to have multiple new methods.

I’d be more direct with my question, but you’re hyping creativity points, so I need to be just a bit reserved :razz:

I’ve already exhausted a ton of methods too (more than Thorn let on but I ain’t sharing because that gives you ideas) so I’d also like to know the exact rules for what “Flight” are.

I am not going to be that strict on the definition of flight. If you feel that you achieved flying in your dreams, then that is probably good enough. However, I will also give you a more technical definition.

As the dictionary on my computer put it: Fly - move through the air under control.

That is basically it. I’ll add this to the task posting as well. I’m glad to see that you guys are getting creative with your solutions.

Also, Thorn, if you have used transformation before, you can use it again. Just turn into something different. If you have turned into a crow to fly, but never into a bluejay, then turn into a bluejay and fly. If you sprout wings, and you have done it before, then make sure that the wings are significantly different. For instance, if you used large white angel wings, then you can sprout something like scaly dragon wings or tiny fairy wings. I’m not going to be that strict on definitions, and I am leaving it up to you guys to determine if you have met the goals or not.

I hope this clarifies any ambiguities.

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 466#699466

About a 5 minute long average LD. Flight was possible but I didn’t want to let myself float away. It wouldn’t be a new method either :peek: . So no flight really.

I’d like to join pls…

1. Jessica, 2 minutes, stay calm in a stressful/frustrating situation

Hi Jessica, you have been added. Welcome to the 37th LC.

We still have room for six more people, so if anyone else wants to sign up, you can continue to do so throughout the competition.

I had a short LD this morning (link: it’s the blue text there). I knew how I wanted to get into the air, but just as I was about to get started, I woke up.

It seems that argon, Gwee, and I are incubating an experience as a group, similar to what Gwee and I started back in February. Does anybody else want in? You probably can’t get lots of creativity points if we’re all going to do essentially the same thing, but it’s nice to be able to talk about it with each other. :razz:

I had a 3 part chain of LDs, the first two were short but the last was medium length. I used electromagnetic forces to lift myself off the ground and flew for a few meters, but it was hard and took a lot of focus. I have flown a lot easier than this before.

I had nearly the same dream :shy:

Except I actually got myself lifted off my bed for a moment or so. I don’t know if I want to count that for flight since I didn’t get too far up and the dream filled with water immediately afterwards again I guess as an attempt to “explain” the floating.

Still not a new method. This dream was shorter than the other one and probably ought to be classified “short”.

Two short lucid parts. Just flew for both of them.

First dream (longer one), I was in a really gloomy mood as a result of all these issues popping up in the dream. I decided to RC and find out I’m dreaming. While I focused on my hand RC, I didn’t notice that the scene switched from a store entrance to my front door. I float up and smacked into the door trying to pass through xD. I opened the door instead of trying to get through, didn’t want to lose dream time. I flew up into the air and attempted the superman style( done this before) since I’m always flapping my wings. I wanted to warm up before meeting a few others for a race, so I flew around in the air trying to will myself to speed up, but sadly I did not. 8(

Second part, I “woke” up to my father breaking into my room telling me I should be sleeping. I perform my hand RC and realized I was still dreaming. I laugh and demanded to know why he didn’t tell me I was dreaming, he suddenly falls silent at my question. He takes a seat on my room chair and I command another chair to fall from the ceiling ontop of him, it does but it’s barely visible. I jump out of my room window and flew into the sky, but then I woke up shortly after.