Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

Alright, the points have been calculated so far. The current scores are at the end of the post. I had a hard time deciding who got the [color=green]+5 pts[/color] creativity bonus. Scipio Xaos, those wings sounded awesome, but in the end I decided that Siiw had the most creative method. Congratulations Siiw! If I made any errors, please make sure to contact me.

Hi Cyclonic,
That will count for task 1 if you’ve never flown that way before. Otherwise, it will count as task 3. Your score below does not reflect this, but once you let me know which task it counts for, I will make sure to add it to your point count. Also, were you lucid when you flew?

Me? If it was me, what did I look like? :hmmm:

[center]Week 1 Standings[/center]
Winner of Task 1 Creative bonus: Siiw
Thorn: 190
Lucidis: 0
James_uk2008: 0
Masonc1: 70
Omnisomnia: 0
MrLucidZombie: 0
argon: 80
Scipio Xaos: 160
Rhewin: 0
Cyclonic: 0
MagykKatte: 0
Siiw: 145
StarryGwee: 215
Jessica: 10

is it too late to sign up?

It’s not too late. Just provide your average LD time and your personal task, and you will be part of this LC.

For anyone else wondering, you can still join the LC until we hit 20 people.

I hope I am not too late to sign up…
15.GigaByte, 2 minutes, see the future and save the present

I had a lucid moment last night, no magic and no flight.

Oh. Wait. Are there any points awarded for False Lucids? I had one of those a few days ago. :razz:

A Disappointing False Lucid

Welcome GigaByte to the LC. We still have room for 5 more people.

I don’t consider FLD to be part of the point system. However, they do seem similar to wondering if you’re dreaming, seeing as though it seems that you are “aware” on some level that you’re in a dream. I am willing to alter the point system to include [color=green]+5 pts[/color] for each FLD; however, I will leave it up to you guys as to whether you would like this added to LC 37. Post here or PM me your vote as to whether FLD should be included. If no one votes, then it won’t be added, and if there is a tie, then I will make the decision myself. The deadline for voting is when I post the third task on Sunday night. PM me if you have any questions about this.

squoak i think my average time is like 5-10 minutes but i’m not sure, and my goal is change where I am via spinning around and being there

Hi squoak, you’ve been added. We still have room for 4 more people if anyone wants to join.

As I have gotten some PM votes from people not in the LC, I thought it best to also announce that the voting is only open to those in LC 37, as they are the ones affected by the change. If you want to add it to future LC, then win the challenge so you can be the TM. Thanks for the interest though to those who wanted to vote. :smile:

Well I’ll just vote in here. Seems simplest. :razz: I wouldn’t mind FLDs counting for five points. It does have some relevance to lucid dreams and almost having them.

HeadInTheClouds:

Well actualy I’ve done the task in reality. And in reality I’ve already flown on an airplane, so it counts for task 3… So I wasn’t lucid, I wasn’t even dreaming actually… I wonder if it would count thought…

Hi Cyclonic,
The task must be accomplished in a dream, whether lucid or not, in order to count for points. Things done IRL don’t count. My understanding is that you have not flown in your dreams during the LC, so you have yet to score any points. If I am misunderstanding something, then please PM me so we can clear it up.

1. Thorn, 4 minutes, transform my entire body
  2. Lucidis, 10 minutes, dilate time by at least a day
  3. James_uk2008, 3 minutes, instantly transform my body
  4. Masonc1, 5 minutes, create a working dream clock
  5. Omnisomnia, 10 minutes, have a fully lucid dream in heavy sleep lasting at least 25 min with no dilation
  6. MrLucidZombie, 4 minutes, Fly to 10 different countries and bring DC’s with
  7. argon, 3 minutes, fly more than 5 meters above the ground.
  8. Scipio Xaos, 4 minutes, Find the DC I’ve been looking for.
  9. Rhewin the Great and Powerful, 4-7 minutes, defeat Xander in our (ridiculously drawn out) lucid duel!
  10. Cyclonic, few minutes, ride on a dragonfly
  11. MagykKatte, 5 minutes, travel in time
  12. Siiw, 3 minutes, create something and remember it
  13. StarryGwee, 4-6 minutes, visit parts of Middle Earth (LOTR)
  14. Jessica, 2 minutes, stay calm in a stressful/frustrating situation
  15. GigaByte, 2 minutes, see the future and save the present
  16. squoak, 5-10 minutes, change where I am via spinning around and being there
  17. mr_Block, 1 minute I think not really sure, meet a DC I’m looking for

I randomly saw a glimpse of you in sort of like a window, like the forum avatar. You had long dirty blonde hair. Either you had green or blue eyes, can’t recall now. But you were just smiling and slighly wobbling around. Your username was right below the window. :tongue:

Thanks to someone, Thorn I was reminded that task related NDs can be qualified for points. :razz:

I had a dream in which I drank some sort of fluid that transformed me into a raven. DCs tried to kill me but I managed to escape by busting through a ceiling and flying off.

[spoiler]A more detailed version. In the dream I found a neat ol’ looking glass bottle filled with a clear liquid. I drank some and suddenly the remaining liquid in the bottle turned into a golden honey like colour which glowed brightly. Not long after my body lifts off the ground and glows golden/transparent-y with twinkles of light dancing around. It took a bit, but my body transformed into the body of a large raven, this happens with a bunch of awestruck DCs standing around.

Once my transformation was complete, the DCs took out their guns and shot at me. In confusion and fear I hopped around and managed to walk on the ceilings backwards avoiding the bullets. Eventually I broke through the garage and flew freely with my wings, and occasionlly perching on houses. :razz:[/spoiler]

Does ski jumping count as flying?

1. Thorn, 4 minutes, transform my entire body
  2. Lucidis, 10 minutes, dilate time by at least a day
  3. James_uk2008, 3 minutes, instantly transform my body
  4. Masonc1, 5 minutes, create a working dream clock
  5. Omnisomnia, 10 minutes, have a fully lucid dream in heavy sleep lasting at least 25 min with no dilation
  6. MrLucidZombie, 4 minutes, Fly to 10 different countries and bring DC’s with
  7. argon, 3 minutes, fly more than 5 meters above the ground.
  8. Scipio Xaos, 4 minutes, Find the DC I’ve been looking for.
  9. Rhewin the Great and Powerful, 4-7 minutes, defeat Xander in our (ridiculously drawn out) lucid duel!
  10. Cyclonic, few minutes, ride on a dragonfly
  11. MagykKatte, 5 minutes, travel in time
  12. Siiw, 3 minutes, create something and remember it
  13. StarryGwee, 4-6 minutes, visit parts of Middle Earth (LOTR)
  14. Jessica, 2 minutes, stay calm in a stressful/frustrating situation
  15. GigaByte, 2 minutes, see the future and save the present
  16. squoak, 5-10 minutes, change where I am via spinning around and being there
  17. mr_Block, 1 minute I think not really sure, meet a DC I’m looking for
  18. demented, under a minute, get a decent LD

another late registration ;3

demented, generally average would be under a minute :confused:, get a decent LD (a dream, that I would consider I am fully satisfied with, enough for me to want to wake up on my own will.)
also if possible a mini personal goal, remember to drink a levander potion (whatever it is) that i think fixato once gave me like half a year ago.

Hi StarryGwee,
Was that a way that you’ve never flown before? If so, I can give you points for #2 of task 1. You already completed #1 and #3 for that task, so the only way to continue earning points from flying is to do it in ways you have never done before.

Again, here is my definition of flying. If in your opinion, after reading the definition you believe you were flying, then yes it counts. If you believe you have met the definition of flying, then let me know if it is a way that you have done before in a dream.

As the dictionary on my computer put it: Fly - move through the air under control.

Welcome demented :welcome:
If and when you complete your first goal, you can PM me this mini personal goal as a second personal task and you will then be able to earn points for it.

I’m a bit confused here, as I planned my Task 1 under the belief that it did not work like this. Your first post states:

Because of this, I planned my first task dream assuming that I needed to switch flight methods mid-dream to earn both the 40 and the 20 points; doing them in two separate dreams would be two instances of the 40 points and thus would only count once. I remember being sad that in order to maximize points, I needed to minimize time spent enjoying any one flight method. Is it actually individual parts of tasks that only count the best attempt?

Hi Thorn,
I’m sorry for any confusion. There are 4 parts to Task 1. The first time that you fly in a way that you’ve never flown before, you complete part 1 and gain 40 pts. When you fly in another way that you’ve never flown before (it has to be different than the way you flew in part 1), you will complete part 2 and gain 20 pts. Part 3 is completed as soon as you fly in a dream, as long as that flight does not fulfill part 1 or part 2. Part 3 grants 10 pts. When the first three parts are completed, then every time you fly in a unique way, you gain an extra 5 pts, thereby repeatedly completing part 4 of the task. Part 1, 2, and 3 can only be completed once, while you can continually rack up points every time you fly uniquely with part 4.

One or multiple parts of the task can be completed in the same dream. Therefore, if you fly in a way you never have before, then switch to a different method of flying that you’ve never done before, and finally switch to a different way of flying, assuming that you have not completed any tasks yet, you would gain points for parts 1, 2, and 3. Additionally, because you completed more than one part of a task in the same dream, you get a combo bonus.

I think this answers your question, but if it doesn’t and you’re still confused, let me know. Hopefully this helps. Also, according to my scoring, you have completed part 1 and part 3 of the task. So, if you fly during this LC in a way you never have before, then you will also complete part 2 of task 1. Each time after that you will gain points for each time you fly in a way you never have before, but they will instead fulfill part 4 which allows for multiple completions, at a reduced rate of points. If you’ve flown in a way you never have before during the LC, regardless of whether you had met any other part of the task earlier in the dream, then please post it so I can add that to your score.

^ So if I’m understanding right, you’re treating each part of a task as the old LCs would treat an entire task, but some of the wording in the first page still talks about whole tasks instead of the parts simply because it’s been copy/pasted for 37 different LCs. That’s fine; I prefer what you’re doing over the old method! I just wish I’d known that before I thought I had to change flight methods repeatedly in one dream. I discussed as much with other LC participants in chat, and that’s why I had that sadness of not being allowed to enjoy any one method for long; I assumed that multiple LDs of a task didn’t stack in the way you actually are stacking them, provided the parts of the task are different.

Thank you for clearing that up.