Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

I randomly saw a glimpse of you in sort of like a window, like the forum avatar. You had long dirty blonde hair. Either you had green or blue eyes, can’t recall now. But you were just smiling and slighly wobbling around. Your username was right below the window. :tongue:

Thanks to someone, Thorn I was reminded that task related NDs can be qualified for points. :razz:

I had a dream in which I drank some sort of fluid that transformed me into a raven. DCs tried to kill me but I managed to escape by busting through a ceiling and flying off.

[spoiler]A more detailed version. In the dream I found a neat ol’ looking glass bottle filled with a clear liquid. I drank some and suddenly the remaining liquid in the bottle turned into a golden honey like colour which glowed brightly. Not long after my body lifts off the ground and glows golden/transparent-y with twinkles of light dancing around. It took a bit, but my body transformed into the body of a large raven, this happens with a bunch of awestruck DCs standing around.

Once my transformation was complete, the DCs took out their guns and shot at me. In confusion and fear I hopped around and managed to walk on the ceilings backwards avoiding the bullets. Eventually I broke through the garage and flew freely with my wings, and occasionlly perching on houses. :razz:[/spoiler]

Does ski jumping count as flying?

1. Thorn, 4 minutes, transform my entire body
  2. Lucidis, 10 minutes, dilate time by at least a day
  3. James_uk2008, 3 minutes, instantly transform my body
  4. Masonc1, 5 minutes, create a working dream clock
  5. Omnisomnia, 10 minutes, have a fully lucid dream in heavy sleep lasting at least 25 min with no dilation
  6. MrLucidZombie, 4 minutes, Fly to 10 different countries and bring DC’s with
  7. argon, 3 minutes, fly more than 5 meters above the ground.
  8. Scipio Xaos, 4 minutes, Find the DC I’ve been looking for.
  9. Rhewin the Great and Powerful, 4-7 minutes, defeat Xander in our (ridiculously drawn out) lucid duel!
  10. Cyclonic, few minutes, ride on a dragonfly
  11. MagykKatte, 5 minutes, travel in time
  12. Siiw, 3 minutes, create something and remember it
  13. StarryGwee, 4-6 minutes, visit parts of Middle Earth (LOTR)
  14. Jessica, 2 minutes, stay calm in a stressful/frustrating situation
  15. GigaByte, 2 minutes, see the future and save the present
  16. squoak, 5-10 minutes, change where I am via spinning around and being there
  17. mr_Block, 1 minute I think not really sure, meet a DC I’m looking for
  18. demented, under a minute, get a decent LD

another late registration ;3

demented, generally average would be under a minute :confused:, get a decent LD (a dream, that I would consider I am fully satisfied with, enough for me to want to wake up on my own will.)
also if possible a mini personal goal, remember to drink a levander potion (whatever it is) that i think fixato once gave me like half a year ago.

Hi StarryGwee,
Was that a way that you’ve never flown before? If so, I can give you points for #2 of task 1. You already completed #1 and #3 for that task, so the only way to continue earning points from flying is to do it in ways you have never done before.

Again, here is my definition of flying. If in your opinion, after reading the definition you believe you were flying, then yes it counts. If you believe you have met the definition of flying, then let me know if it is a way that you have done before in a dream.

As the dictionary on my computer put it: Fly - move through the air under control.

Welcome demented :welcome:
If and when you complete your first goal, you can PM me this mini personal goal as a second personal task and you will then be able to earn points for it.

I’m a bit confused here, as I planned my Task 1 under the belief that it did not work like this. Your first post states:

Because of this, I planned my first task dream assuming that I needed to switch flight methods mid-dream to earn both the 40 and the 20 points; doing them in two separate dreams would be two instances of the 40 points and thus would only count once. I remember being sad that in order to maximize points, I needed to minimize time spent enjoying any one flight method. Is it actually individual parts of tasks that only count the best attempt?

Hi Thorn,
I’m sorry for any confusion. There are 4 parts to Task 1. The first time that you fly in a way that you’ve never flown before, you complete part 1 and gain 40 pts. When you fly in another way that you’ve never flown before (it has to be different than the way you flew in part 1), you will complete part 2 and gain 20 pts. Part 3 is completed as soon as you fly in a dream, as long as that flight does not fulfill part 1 or part 2. Part 3 grants 10 pts. When the first three parts are completed, then every time you fly in a unique way, you gain an extra 5 pts, thereby repeatedly completing part 4 of the task. Part 1, 2, and 3 can only be completed once, while you can continually rack up points every time you fly uniquely with part 4.

One or multiple parts of the task can be completed in the same dream. Therefore, if you fly in a way you never have before, then switch to a different method of flying that you’ve never done before, and finally switch to a different way of flying, assuming that you have not completed any tasks yet, you would gain points for parts 1, 2, and 3. Additionally, because you completed more than one part of a task in the same dream, you get a combo bonus.

I think this answers your question, but if it doesn’t and you’re still confused, let me know. Hopefully this helps. Also, according to my scoring, you have completed part 1 and part 3 of the task. So, if you fly during this LC in a way you never have before, then you will also complete part 2 of task 1. Each time after that you will gain points for each time you fly in a way you never have before, but they will instead fulfill part 4 which allows for multiple completions, at a reduced rate of points. If you’ve flown in a way you never have before during the LC, regardless of whether you had met any other part of the task earlier in the dream, then please post it so I can add that to your score.

^ So if I’m understanding right, you’re treating each part of a task as the old LCs would treat an entire task, but some of the wording in the first page still talks about whole tasks instead of the parts simply because it’s been copy/pasted for 37 different LCs. That’s fine; I prefer what you’re doing over the old method! I just wish I’d known that before I thought I had to change flight methods repeatedly in one dream. I discussed as much with other LC participants in chat, and that’s why I had that sadness of not being allowed to enjoy any one method for long; I assumed that multiple LDs of a task didn’t stack in the way you actually are stacking them, provided the parts of the task are different.

Thank you for clearing that up.

@HeadInTheClouds, Yep, I’ve never flown as a raven before. I don’t know if I deserve points for that though, since it was only an ND~

This afternoon I had a mid-length LD. About 3-4 mins. I attempted the expecto patronum spell at least 5 times without success. I only managed a spark. I also flew a broomstick lol. (Never done that before).

[spoiler]Starting from the most interesting part of my ND… I was in some sort of huge mansion with plenty of DCs. We were all being chased by Jotunns/ Frost Giants (Result from watching Thor, till 2am with friends :razz:) These frost giants either killed or tried to convert us to their kind. They looked exactly how they were depicted in the movie, pale blue creatures with red eyes.

It was very chaotic. I was caught by one giant, he grasped my wrist looking at me with a smile and snarled. From where he touched me, a pale blue colour started to spread from the wrist to the rest of my arm. I managed to pull away and escape. Eventually the room began to clear up, there was only one giant left in the room chasing 2 other girls I recognized as my friends. Luckily, being petite, I was able to hide behind a pillar on the second floor of the mansion. I watched the giant chase my two friends on the first floor to another room. The giant briefly stopped to sniff around my hiding spot, but went back to chasing.

I decided to go after my friends, in hopes to help somehow. I followed their path, but was lost shortly after. I was in a dark narrow hallway heading to a semi-open door. I slowly poked my head through the crack of the door and checked left-right. It was just another hallway that was perpendicular to the one I was at.

From the far left there was a room with people. I quickly retracted my head fearing they might be the converted Jotunns. I peeked a couple more times and concluded they were not. I quickly ran into the room and waved my hands frantically telling them to be quiet.

In the room laid a little boy and girl on a sort of bed on the ground. They told me that they had authority over the Jotunns, but sometimes the Jotunns don’t listen to them. These little kids gave off a very special presence. They were very calm and I knew I was safe.

I stopped to perform my hand RC, counting one hand I find 10 fingers lol. Usually I have 6-7, so it was pretty epic. Realizing I was only dreaming made me so relieved. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize and got myself out of there, all around me was a patterned stained glass window. I shattered through it with outstretched arms to flap…but then thought…hey! I should fly a broom. With a command, I called out to a broom. Nearing the ground a broom comes just in time to catch me. I briefly zoomed around a farm-like pasture. I got myself to the ground and imagined up a wand and called out, “Expecto Patronum!” while flinging my wrist. Nothing happens. I do this about 2-3 more times. The best I got was a little silver/blue spark at the end of my wand. Suddenly Dumbledore appears out of nowhere along with another DC. He hands me a new wooden wand. He then teaches me how to perform the spell. I try a few more times but it just doesn’t work. He tells me to pronounce it correctly and quickly. He demonstrates flicking his wrist in an instant while saying the spell. The DC that appeared with him tried to learn the spell as well. I keep trying but eventually wake up. [/spoiler]

I had a short LD this morning, and realise that yesterday’s dream was half lucid. I did wonder if it was a dream. Since the LD broke a nightmare, I had no motivation to do any task apart from simply enjoying the peace.

last time i slept i flown on a horse D:. not sure if there was any flying through air, but it was through some interdimensional gateway portal thingy, or was it some time portal? anyway, at some point, or before that, this flying action was not on a horse, but in some flying device, maybe a bus or a car, dont remember.

it was a normal dream, i think this would count as two flying methods i never done before, if any.

Yesterday I’ve done an ND when I was flying in a rocket to the moon :content: . Counts for task 1 I think…

Hi Thorn,
Yeah, I guess the rules are slightly confusing. Whoever hosts the LC next should clean them up. :tongue:

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that the tasks can be accomplished in a ND, but you will not get the bonus lucid points. Hopefully that clears up some confusion about whether you can accomplish tasks in a ND or not.

The third task will be posted in a couple hours, and the current scores, as well as the awarding of task 2’s creativity points will be posted in a couple days.

Had another LD this afternoon. Medium length 4-5 mins.

I tried a couple spells from HP, such as lumos maxima (In the dream, I said it wrong), the expecto patronum spell again, wingardium leviosa, and accio (remembered Thorn wanted to do this one). I also tried some spells of my own. I made up luminous el, kind of played with the lumos spell and twisted it with some elvish :razz: el means star in quenya, the spell produces more stars in the sky and a lot brighter. Also, still playing with lumos, luminous minimus the opposite of the original, to dimmer the light.

The only spells that didn’t work for me was the lumos maxima and patronum one 8(. All along I thought it was pronounced, “luminous maxima” lol till somebody lrn2potter me on irc… :blush:

[spoiler]Starting from the most interesting part of the dream again. ND part. I was a police officer along with two other dudes. We were inspecting a house basement for something. I let the guys handle it while I went upstairs to the owners kids, two little girls, they were adorable. They wanted to show me their bags, both of them ran upstairs to get it. The mother comes and we have a friendly chat. The two girls come back and chattered away about their bags, having some treats in my pocket I stealthily slip some in their bags. The faces of the two girls lit up once they discovered it.

After the basement search, me and the police men head back to the car. They make some sexist joke here and I get slightly mad. The dudes still chuckle and joke in the car while I was ignoring them at the backseat. We back up the car and drive off onto the open road. While sitting at the back seat, I stopped to think a bit and said out loud to the guys, “You know you’re dreaming right now right?” Then I stopped to think at what I just said,[color=royalblue] performed my hand RC and realized I just made myself lucid lol. I told them to stop the car and I got out.

The scene changes to me in some huge rectangular room with another dude. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize. I made a command, a wand came flying to me. I took a second to look over it. It was shorter than my last LD’s and the tip tapered a lot. I was happy with it nonetheless.

I shouted the expecto patronum spell with a flick of my wrist, nothing happens. I remembered what I did wrong in the last LD. I wasn’t thinking of a good memory. I stopped to think of something happy in the past…I thought of a past relationship. I tried once again trying to keep that happy thought in my mind while casting the spell. Nothing happens.

I decided that I was wasting my precious time. I tried another spell, the lumos maxima, except I said it incorrectly. “Luminous maxima!” x3. Didn’t work.

Switched to another spell, the one I created. I looked up to the ceiling of the building and expected it to be the night sky. I called out, “luminous el!” Gradually, dots of light appeared in the dark sky twinkling nicely.

Content with that, I tried to think of another spell I could do. I remembered the floating spell I used to chant as a kid. Wingardium leviosa. I looked at the one guy in the building with me, he was just standing there looking very suspicious. I point my wand at him and begin to chant, “wingardium leviosa” repetitively. He begins to lift off the ground with his body parallel to the ground, dorsal side up. He looked frighten and kicked his leg around while making a sort of paddling/clawing motion with his hands. I got him about 1.5 m off the ground and stopped. He dropped onto his stomach still frightened. lol I’m so mean.

I made sure to perform my hand RC again. The next spell I used was the luminous minimus. I said the spell out loud at least twice with nothing happening. I kind of cheated I guess, I said it once again but with a thought command. The lights dimmer. The guy on the ground begins to crawl away from me, he looked like he was kind of in pain. >> While switching to the next spell I didn’t notice the lights went back to the original state.

I was out of ideas at this point. But I recalled how Thorn wanted to do his accio charm. So I kinda stole his idea… :razz: I wanted to try the spell myself. I threw my wand and called out, “accio!” The wand came zooming back into my hand. I was musing here at how Thorn would probably kill me for stealing his idea… >> Then I looked at the guy crawling on the ground while I was going through the list of spells in my head, I said, “accio” again accidently… The man’s body came flying at me… I quickly moved aside and he smacked into the wall. >>

The dream felt like it was coming to an end soon. I was getting bored and out of ideas. I thought of attempting the spell I made up again. Looked back up at the ceiling and called out, “luminous el!” The stars appear and twinkle around, but then afterwards it started to form a diamond shape[/color] -I briefly wake up- back into the dream I watched the diamond shape and here a boy saying something about dividing the diamond by 4 and still having a perfectly squared world… Then I wake up.[/spoiler]

Two LDs in the past two nights.
[community.ld4all.com/t/the-tales-of-the-purple/38847/12)
This post (posted yesterday), and the one below it (posted today).

[center]Task 3 – Mirrors[/center]

Hello everyone. Welcome to the third task, which deals completely with mirrors. Now mirrors are my specialty, although I’ve had some trouble with them recently in my LDs. A lot of people claim and believe that you will see some scary and creepy things when you look in a mirror, but I never have. Not to say that you won’t see some odd things reflected in them. Below are the tasks that can be accomplished:
[b]

1. Look in a mirror and report what you see - +30 pts
  2. Ask a question to whatever reflection you see in the mirror - +20 pts
  3. Travel through a mirror - +20 pts
  4. Each additional question you ask of the mirror - +5 pts per tick[/b]

To get points for the first part, you must report what you saw in the mirror. If there was nothing in the mirror, as long as you report that in your post, you will gain the points for part 1. For part 2, to gain points, you must post what question you asked as well as the answer you received if the reflection responded to you. The third part rewards points once you go through a mirror and end up in a different dream location. Part 4 is like part 2, except that you can continue to gain points each time you do it. +5 pts creativity will be given to the person who I feel has the most creative question for the reflection in the mirror.

There is also a bonus task for this week. It will expire when the next task is posted and no longer be eligible for the bonus points.

Bonus Task – Ask the mirror, “Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?” Make sure to post the response, if any, that you get. +20 pts

The bonus task will also reward the points for part 2, or for part 4 if you have already completed part 2.

Additionally, the votes are in, and False Lucid Dreams (FLD) will now count for +5 pts each. Make sure to report any FLDs that you have during LC 37. I will post the current scores in a couple days.

HeadInTheClouds :happy:

Congratulations to StarryGwee for taking the top spot of task 2’s creativity challenge. As no one else has completed any of the tasks from task 2 yet, the second and third place spots for creativity points have been eliminated. However, specifically for task 2 items, +5 pts creativity can still be awarded to those who I feel accomplish part of the task in a creative way.

StarryGwee, I liked your spell for illuminating more stars up in the sky. Also, you noted that in one dream Dumbledore came to help you, but I have a feeling that Lupin might be of more help. He is who taught Harry after all :tongue: . Finally, one last note to you, StarryGwee. Because you got a spark out of your wand for the expecto patronum spell, I gave you half points, meaning that you got +15 pts for it. If you fulfill the task fully, I will give you the other 15 points. Same goes for anyone else who gets similar results.

Here are the current scores:
Thorn: 190
Lucidis: 0
James_uk2008: 0
Masonc1: 70
Omnisomnia: 0
MrLucidZombie: 0
argon: 130
Scipio Xaos: 165
Rhewin: 0
Cyclonic: 40
MagykKatte: 0
Siiw: 180
StarryGwee: 645
Jessica: 10
GigaByte: 0
squoak: 0
mr_Block: 0
demented: 80

For those who are behind in points, do not despair. The next couple tasks should give you some ample chances of catching up. One might say that things will be different for you for the next task. (I know I’m bad at riddles, but that is a hint as to what lays ahead for the fourth task.)

Have a good rest of your week,
HeadInTheClouds

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 024#700024
I think I’m supposed to say that I had a lucid dream and that is the dream journal thing for it? Also it was of medium time.

Finally back in the game, and with some magic! :happy:

I had a medium length LD in which I flew in an old way (Task 2) and in which I did some magic! Expecto Patronum! :tongue:

A Fair & Orange Static

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 34
Non-Lucid Dreams: 15
False Lucid Dreams: 1
Short Lucid Dreams: 2
Medium Lucid Dreams: 1

Task 1: 1 New + 1 Old Late
Task 2: 1 (Patronous Charm)
[/spoiler]

I had a short LD yesterday. No tasks, but it was good to see my WILD variation work. It has been a while since I last used it.

I had a medium-length LD here, although it doesn’t accomplish any tasks.