EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

Author  Message 
StarryGwee
Meeep meep
Dream Deity
StarryGwee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Sun 05 May, 2013  Reply with quote

@HeadInTheClouds, Yep, I've never flown as a raven before. I don't know if I deserve points for that though, since it was only an ND~

This afternoon I had a mid-length LD. About 3-4 mins. I attempted the expecto patronum spell at least 5 times without success. I only managed a spark. I also flew a broomstick lol. (Never done that before).

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Current LD goal(s): Visit: Imladris, Lothlórien, Hobbiton.
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

I had a short LD this morning, and realise that yesterday's dream was half lucid. I did wonder if it was a dream. Since the LD broke a nightmare, I had no motivation to do any task apart from simply enjoying the peace.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
demented
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 0

last time i slept i flown on a horse D:. not sure if there was any flying through air, but it was through some interdimensional gateway portal thingy, or was it some time portal? anyway, at some point, or before that, this flying action was not on a horse, but in some flying device, maybe a bus or a car, dont remember.

it was a normal dream, i think this would count as two flying methods i never done before, if any.

Current LD goal(s): Get a decent LD
Cyclonic
Somniologist
Somniologist

Yesterday I've done an ND when I was flying in a rocket to the moon ^^ . Counts for task 1 I think...

Current LD goal(s): To master flight (including the dragonfly flight...)
HeadInTheClouds
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
HeadInTheClouds has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: a lot

PostPosted: Mon 06 May, 2013  Reply with quote

Hi Thorn,
Yeah, I guess the rules are slightly confusing. Whoever hosts the LC next should clean them up.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that the tasks can be accomplished in a ND, but you will not get the bonus lucid points. Hopefully that clears up some confusion about whether you can accomplish tasks in a ND or not.

The third task will be posted in a couple hours, and the current scores, as well as the awarding of task 2's creativity points will be posted in a couple days.

Current LD goal(s): Have a LD every night; Have longer and more vivid dreams
StarryGwee
Meeep meep
Dream Deity
StarryGwee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 100+

Had another LD this afternoon. Medium length 4-5 mins.

I tried a couple spells from HP, such as lumos maxima (In the dream, I said it wrong), the expecto patronum spell again, wingardium leviosa, and accio (remembered Thorn wanted to do this one). I also tried some spells of my own. I made up luminous el, kind of played with the lumos spell and twisted it with some elvish tounge2 el means star in quenya, the spell produces more stars in the sky and a lot brighter. Also, still playing with lumos, luminous minimus the opposite of the original, to dimmer the light.

The only spells that didn't work for me was the lumos maxima and patronum one 8(. All along I thought it was pronounced, "luminous maxima" lol till somebody lrn2potter me on irc.. oops

Current LD goal(s): Visit: Imladris, Lothlórien, Hobbiton.
argon
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Two LDs in the past two nights.
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=699933#699933
This post (posted yesterday), and the one below it (posted today).

Current LD goal(s): to have lots of LDs
HeadInTheClouds
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Scribes

Task 3 – Mirrors

Hello everyone. Welcome to the third task, which deals completely with mirrors. Now mirrors are my specialty, although I’ve had some trouble with them recently in my LDs. A lot of people claim and believe that you will see some scary and creepy things when you look in a mirror, but I never have. Not to say that you won’t see some odd things reflected in them. Below are the tasks that can be accomplished:

1. Look in a mirror and report what you see - +30 pts
2. Ask a question to whatever reflection you see in the mirror - +20 pts
3. Travel through a mirror - +20 pts
4. Each additional question you ask of the mirror - +5 pts per tick

To get points for the first part, you must report what you saw in the mirror. If there was nothing in the mirror, as long as you report that in your post, you will gain the points for part 1. For part 2, to gain points, you must post what question you asked as well as the answer you received if the reflection responded to you. The third part rewards points once you go through a mirror and end up in a different dream location. Part 4 is like part 2, except that you can continue to gain points each time you do it. +5 pts creativity will be given to the person who I feel has the most creative question for the reflection in the mirror.

There is also a bonus task for this week. It will expire when the next task is posted and no longer be eligible for the bonus points.

Bonus Task – Ask the mirror, “Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?” Make sure to post the response, if any, that you get. +20 pts

The bonus task will also reward the points for part 2, or for part 4 if you have already completed part 2.

Additionally, the votes are in, and False Lucid Dreams (FLD) will now count for +5 pts each. Make sure to report any FLDs that you have during LC 37. I will post the current scores in a couple days.

HeadInTheClouds :D

HeadInTheClouds
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Scribes

PostPosted: Tue 07 May, 2013  Reply with quote

Congratulations to StarryGwee for taking the top spot of task 2’s creativity challenge. As no one else has completed any of the tasks from task 2 yet, the second and third place spots for creativity points have been eliminated. However, specifically for task 2 items, +5 pts creativity can still be awarded to those who I feel accomplish part of the task in a creative way.

StarryGwee, I liked your spell for illuminating more stars up in the sky. Also, you noted that in one dream Dumbledore came to help you, but I have a feeling that Lupin might be of more help. He is who taught Harry after all . Finally, one last note to you, StarryGwee. Because you got a spark out of your wand for the expecto patronum spell, I gave you half points, meaning that you got +15 pts for it. If you fulfill the task fully, I will give you the other 15 points. Same goes for anyone else who gets similar results.

Here are the current scores:
    Thorn: 190
    Lucidis: 0
    James_uk2008: 0
    Masonc1: 70
    Omnisomnia: 0
    MrLucidZombie: 0
    argon: 130
    Scipio Xaos: 165
    Rhewin: 0
    Cyclonic: 40
    MagykKatte: 0
    Siiw: 180
    StarryGwee: 645
    Jessica: 10
    GigaByte: 0
    squoak: 0
    mr_Block: 0
    demented: 80

For those who are behind in points, do not despair. The next couple tasks should give you some ample chances of catching up. One might say that things will be different for you for the next task. (I know I'm bad at riddles, but that is a hint as to what lays ahead for the fourth task.)

Have a good rest of your week,
HeadInTheClouds

squoak
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: At least 10

http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=700024#70 0024
I think I'm supposed to say that I had a lucid dream and that is the dream journal thing for it? Also it was of medium time.

Current LD goal(s): go somewhere I don't know
Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 360—19/08/17
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

Finally back in the game, and with some magic! :D

I had a medium length LD in which I flew in an old way (Task 2) and in which I did some magic! Expecto Patronum!

A Fair & Orange Static

Current Stats:

Current LD goal(s): Engage L.E.A.F. Extras for the VALGEAR.

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Wed 08 May, 2013  Reply with quote

I had a short LD yesterday. No tasks, but it was good to see my WILD variation work. It has been a while since I last used it.

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 402

I had a medium-length LD here, although it doesn't accomplish any tasks.

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
HeadInTheClouds
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Scribes

Scipio Xaos wrote:
Finally back in the game, and with some magic! :D

I had a medium length LD in which I flew in an old way (Task 2) and in which I did some magic! Expecto Patronum!

A Fair & Orange Static

I am confused. If you flew in a way that you have before, that qualifies for part 3 in task 1. Only if you have not flown in that way does it count for part 2. So you know what I have recorded, you have completed part 1 while lucid and part 3 during a ND. So, if the way you flew in this dream was unlike anyway you've flown before, then I will award you points for part 2. Otherwise, if it was in a way that you've flown before, you gain the lucid points for part 3 but that's it. Let me know which one you meant, as I currently have scored this as giving you the additional lucid points for part 3.

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Fri 10 May, 2013  Reply with quote

I had a medium LD, and used a magical spell. I don't think it qualifies, since it was unrelated to Harry Potter and didn't use a wand. I am probably too old, because Harry Potter hasn't coloured my impression of magic. tounge1

print