I just realized that I was lucid tonight...

When I woke up this morning I believed that I had had a bunch of ordinary dreams, but not actually become lucid.
Then I listened to “Photosynthesis” by Carbon Based Lifeforms on YouTube and watched the scenes used in that video, and they showed buildings from above, and at that point I realized that I had had a dream of flying over buildings - and that I had realized I was dreaming at that point!
I remember it all quite clearly now;
I was soaring through the skies and thought that “this dream” was fantastic, and how wonderful it felt to fly like that - and I even remember that I was a bit scared that my expectation of gravity would make me crash onto the ground, but I always managed to convince myself that I was in control and that this was my dream.
I must say this has given me a whole new respect for the ability to recall dreams, because if it weren’t for my spontaneous memory of seeing buildings from above I would probably never recall it again.
It has also shown me how powerful any associations from real life can be, when you see something that looks like a recent dream and suddenly go like “wait, I dreamed about that last night!”.

yea its amazing how small details can spark memories from dreams. Its just as in waking life.
I´ve never remembered a lucid dream that way thou, they are so strong that its the first i think of when waking up. But sometimes i suddenly remember dreams in which i was close to being lucid. When i thougt “this might just be a dream so now i can fly away”
Maybe it was a low lvl LD?

Yeah it was a really great feeling, just seeing those rooftops in the video and suddenly going “what, HEY! I had an LD about this last night!”. :content:
Actually I’m not completely sure it was a real LD, but I definitely remember playing around with gravity and feeling that I had become very aware.
I even remember what I was thinking before I lifted off, I was like “how am I supposed to get into the air in this place?” and then I tried jumping and then sort of jumped in the air right after that, and then I was flying.
I don’t have enough memories of the dream to tell for sure that I was truly lucid, but it was definitely some kind of mental awareness - like you said, maybe it was a low-level LD, or a FLD.

anyhow it sounds like a great experience, congratulations! And keep em coming :smile:

I’ve had that a lot! Once I was in the subway going to class when I saw my reflection in the window. For some reason I looked at my elbow and BAM! I realized I had had a strange dream with someone sticking a needle in my elbow :lol:. It was such a random trigger!

Plus, FLD’s can be awesome (as can low LD’s or just plain ND’s). Congrats! :grin: