Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

HeadInTheClouds, I did not have the dream soon enough for early points for Task 3. The time window between your 2:11 AM EDT Task 4 post and your 4:00 AM EDT Task 3 early deadline is simply too small to have a REM cycle long enough to fit that dream. :razz:

I see I have the opportunity to create a second personal task for 25 points. For that, I’d like to seek out LD4all member Koharo as a DC in a dream, as I promised that I’d attempt to do some things from his dream journal in my own dream, so I figure that I’ll learn how right from the source. That said, since I’m 265 points behind Scipio Xaos and there are no combo bonuses attached to personal tasks, I don’t picture this getting done soon — I very much need to chain every other point opportunity I haven’t done together in one lucid dream to catch up, and that assumes that Scipio Xaos doesn’t become a DO and earn points himself (as he tends to do even in NDs~).

@HeadInTheClouds
Nope, it wasn’t my longest LD.

I also have a question regarding the new task. Will NDs still count? I think many of us dream in many different perspectives. I dream in first person and switch to DO in pretty much all of my NDs, so I think it’d be easy points for everyone (which is good) but then that’s a bit of work on your part. :razz:

Hi Thorn,
That secondary personal task is fine. Make sure to let me know in your post if you complete it.

All of the weekly tasks can be accomplished in a ND, but you won’t get any lucid bonus points for those accomplished tasks.

I know that there are some who dream in DO a lot, but I’ve also heard of a large amount of people who have difficulty being in the DO state. I often, in my LDs as well as my NDs, enter both first person and DO view. In my case, though, it’s like I’m doing both at the same time, especially in my LDs.

Oh boy. This is going to be fun. :tongue: Like Thorn already mentioned, I am not myself very often. I like Part 2 a lot as I’ve been an inanimate object exactly one time before, and it was in an LD! :happy: Wonder if I’ll try and be a balloon again? :grin:

I had a lucid moment and I changed perspective while not lucid:
[community.ld4all.com/t/the-tales-of-the-purple/38847/15)

I had short lucid, but I can’t recall much of the details, let alone if I had any perspective changes.

Pipes Are Important & An Invisible Demon

((Pipes Are Important - Short Lucid Dream))

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 6
Non-Lucid Dreams: 18
False Lucid Dreams: 1
Short Lucid Dreams: 4
Medium Lucid Dreams: 2
Long Lucid Dreams: 1

Task 1: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid), and Part III (Lucid-E)
Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E) and Part II (Lucid-E)
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part 4’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)

Personal Task One Accomplished : Find a Certain DC
[/spoiler]

SPOILER - Click to view

Forgot to mention that I understand about the Personal Task not giving Lucid bonus points. I just wanted to mention that I accomplished it in an LD… and sort of used the current task as an aid. :razz:

Had a brief lucid moment this afternoon. No longer than a minute.

I dreamt that some powerful evil man wanted to get rid of all the lucid dreamers lol. Somehow he got ahold of LD4all and blasted all of us into space. We were all floating in space screaming and holding our heads in pain. Our heads were gonna explode. :razz: The pain was very real, like a very sharp headache. I realized I was just dreaming shortly after and calmed myself but then the dream switches and I lose my lucidity.

I was DO in the dream at times, but I prefer you don’t count that. I don’t feel it’s fair for others that don’t dream the way I do.

Hi! I have a question about where my 65 points came from. I can understand the first 10 points, but I was expecting only a max of 50 points after my mirror dream (+30 for part 1 of task 3, +10 for getting somewhat lucid). But thanks for the points anyway :tongue:

Hi Jessica,
Here is a breakdown of your points so far. I have recorded you as wondering whether you’re dreaming for [color=green]+5 pts[/color], having a brief LD for [color=green]+10 pts[/color], completing Task 3 part 1 for [color=green]+30 pts[/color]. Additionally, because you finished Task 3 part 1 while it was the current task, you also got [color=green]+20 pts[/color] in an early bonus. That all adds up to 65 points that you have earned so far. If you have any other questions, let me know. :content:

One short lucid last night! First one in two months! :slide:

Had another lucid this afternoon, about a minute or two. Only flew, no different flying styles. Didn’t accomplish anything cos didn’t feel like doing anything really. :razz:

[spoiler]Starting from the middle of an ND. In the ND my family and I were getting ready for a cousin’s wedding which was oddly happening at night. I managed to find a dress and was given some strange knee-high boot/heel from my mum. Ready, I went downstairs only to find out my family left without me. I noticed my aunt in the guest washroom just cleaning herself up at the mirror. I asked her if she could drive me, she replies saying she could but she’ll be picking up another cousin. I had no other choice so I waited for her.

While I waited for her I walked over to my kitchen and decided to do a quick time RC, using the time on my oven. The time changes when I look back, but I don’t trust it and continue doing it. The time really messes with me. Sometimes it doesn’t change at all. [color=royalblue]I concluded I was dreaming in the end. I walked over to my family room’s window and busted it open. I stood at the sill and looked over at the time on my tv box thing. It was 9:30pm, looked back and it was 9:31pm. :bored: Looked back again, it was 9:30pm again. Inside I was kinda unsure if I should jump. But I threw the uncertainty aside and in my head thought, " If I die, then whatever" Lool.

I jumped out of the window and was plummeting towards the ground, but with willpower I lifted myself up. I was happy to be flying again. All I wanted to do was just soar around. And that’s what I did. I flew around my house which turned into a tall apartment building.

While I was just hanging out in the sky I hear an eerie continuous cry. It grabs my attention, I flew around trying to determine where this sound was coming from. I begin to see a bunch of tiny black dots forming around the building(or house). The sound comes from the top of a building next to “my house”, which was suppose to be my neighbor’s home. I floated above the building top and looked down to see a body of some sort in fetal position. I descended to take a closer look, but it vanishes as I got closer.

I go back to flying around but hear that eeriee cry once again, it’s not human. I trace that sound down. On one of the levels of the apartment, I looked through a glass to see a bird perched ontop of a bed… here I lose my luci[/color]dity and felt a huge pent up rage…I burst and slam my fist on the building (felt so hulkish). The building breaks apart, but it wasn’t like metal scraps falling, it was cubes.

The dream scene switches to another dream following the same theme, my cousin’s wedding. Pretty much all my dreams today had to do with my cousin’s wedding. The eerie cry was from watching Beowulf, Grendel the monster in the movie would make this sad/creepy cry. After watching I was wondering if I’d have a nightmare cos of it lol. [/spoiler]

4 min ld with one perspective change:
[community.ld4all.com/t/the-tales-of-the-purple/38847/16)

Had an LD here. It looked like a hint of the current LC may have made its way in there. (The way I saw myself as a physical DC) from my own perspective.

Ah, it was the +20 early bonus that escaped me. Thanks HeadInTheClouds! :smile:

:confused: i had ld where i compleated my personal minigoal that doesnt matter yet anyway.

looked in a mirror:
[community.ld4all.com/t/the-tales-of-the-purple/38847/16)

Ok, 3 long LD’s and 2 medium. I’ll have to go back and see if I did previous tasks, just finished my semester so I’ve been insanely busy

Had two LDs here. In the 2nd one, Thorn technically completed the Changing Perspectives LC.

I’ve been gone a very long time from ld4all and lucid dreaming. I am sorry for not having being interested in LDs and things… I’ve had to rewrite on my DJ and ld4all DJ…

However, yesterday I’ve suddenly have lucidity but directly lose lucidity after… I think it’s +10 for lucid points…

[center]Task 5 – Parallel Self[/center]

Welcome to task 5! This task is less focused than most, but I came up with a few things I thought would be interesting to do in a LD. The first two parts of the task have been adapted from previous LCs. They seemed to cool to pass up. I also wanted to add a couple other things to the task as well.

The main goal this week is to find a parallel version of you. You can do this anyway you please, as long as the person is a parallel version of you. They don’t even have to look like you; they could be some old werewolf version of you for all I care. Basically, what is essential is that you know that the DC is a parallel version of yourself.

The second part of this week’s task requires you to go to the moon and moonwalk (the dance move). The third part requires you to walk, run, or fly in the rain. For those who have never done this, you don’t know what you’re missing. Personally, being in the rain in my LDs is one of the funnest things to do. Although it seems simple and stupid, it can be quite fun. Same goes for the next part of the task, where you must feel the sun on your skin. The final part of the task requires you to transform a DC into something. It can be whatever you want as long as you transform a DC.

+10 pts creativity will be awarded to the person who comes up with the most interesting transformation for a DC. +5 pts creativity will be awarded for the person with the second most creative transformation. Additionally, if you use what I deem to be a creative method for finding your parallel self, then I will award you +5 pts.

Here is the breakdown for this task’s points:
[b]

1. Find a parallel version of yourself – +40 pts
  2. Go to the moon and moonwalk – +20 pts
  3. Walk, run, or fly in the rain – +10 pts
  4. Feel the sun on your skin – +10 pts
  5. Transform a DC – +10 pts (+5 pts per tick each time thereafter)[/b]

To be clear, on part 5 of the task, you get +10 pts for the first time you complete it. Each time thereafter, you get +5 pts per tick. A helpful hint would be that you could score a combo bonus by finding your parallel self and then transforming that parallel DC.

Alright, I know this week is a hodgepodge of tasks, but hopefully everyone will find them fun. Trust me on parts 3 & 4, as those tasks can be surprisingly fun. We are nearing the end of the LC as there are only two more tasks left after this week. As I am going to be extremely busy over these last few weeks, I may need to extend one of the tasks for an extra week. If this is the case, then I will post around the same time I post the tasks and announce the extension, as well as a bonus task for that extended week. Scores and creativity points will be coming soon, but as I said, I am extremely busy, so it may take a few days.

HeadInTheClouds