Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

Today’s DJ entry has an ND in which I complete Task 4 Part 5, then a second ND / medium-length LD in which I again do Task 4 Part 5 and also do Task 5 Part 4 (and possibly Task 1 Part 4, if the bit of time I spent as another person counts as a “different” flight despite me flying as Scipio in a previous LD). If I understand correctly, the first ND removed the combo points I would’ve gotten from the second dream an hour later… I am not amused by my subconscious’ sabotage, so please tell me if this is the case so that I can stop trying to incubate the tasks in normal dreams and hurting my own score.

Had another disturbing dream :sad: Just a ND. I was watching first as DO and then I became a male DC that was in the dream. I didn’t really feel different. Just a whole lot taller and I guess somewhat stronger.

I had a short, low level LD yesterday.

This morning, I had a long LD (posted here) that again does Task 4 Part 5 as well as Task 5 Part 1 and Task 5 Part 5.

Ugh :yuck: I can’t stand those disturbing dreams. Had a bad one the other night myself. Maybe you should try summoning a dreamcatcher in your LDs.

You are correct!

I think you mean Task 5 part 4, not part 1. I wouldn’t count that as Task 1 part 4, a you have flown as someone else before. You are correct that the first ND removed your opportunity to score combo points for Task 4 part 5. By the way, I saw that you did accomplish Task 5 part 1 in a later post, so you have been given the points for that as well as for accomplishing Task 5 part 4 in this quoted dream. Additionally, I gave you points for Task 4 part 5 for both Superman and Clark Kent, although if you’d rather, I could remove the points for Superman. In my opinion, they seem like separate enough perspectives, so they technically qualify.

That’s the best part. It seems insane, but for some reason the rain in LDs is awesome.

Oops, that was indeed a typo. Sorry about that!

That’s… really depressing, as it means that I would’ve had more points for the LC if I didn’t remember that ND. It’s like a slap on the wrist for having good recall and incubation practices, or for not lying by simply not mentioning that dream. I know that this is how the LC rules have always been, but it’s strange to think that remembering a particular dream can harm your LC score. I guess it’s just more motivation to win, though… like you said, if there’s something we don’t like about the scoring, then we need to win to correct it. :razz:

Be careful with dream incubation, guys; don’t miss points like I did. :tongue:

#1 here was an ND which featured elements of Task 4. I technically changed perspective twice.

I had a short LD here with no tasks accomplished. I stood in front of my dresser for a second and didn’t think to use the attached mirror to finish Task 3, but the fact that I was concerned about clothes in the first place means that my lucidity wasn’t strong to begin with.

Hiya! Just stopping by to drop off an LD and a task! :happy:

May 23, 2013 - Snow Wolf, Kevin’s Big Break, & School…

((Kevin’s Big Break - Short Lucid Dream - Task 5 Part IV (Lucid-E)))

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 6
Non-Lucid Dreams: 20
False Lucid Dreams: 2
Short Lucid Dreams: 7
Medium Lucid Dreams: 2
Long Lucid Dreams: 1

Task 1: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid), and Part III (Lucid-E)
Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), and 2 Part 4’s
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part 4’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)
Task 4: Part I (Lucid), and Part II (Lucid)
Task 5: Part IV (Lucid-E)

Personal Task One Accomplished : Find a Certain DC
[/spoiler]

This comment will be a bit short. My home Wi-Fi died so I’m stuck with limited mobile data for a couple days. :c

I had a few NDs this afternoon…

• First dream I’m being chased by a beast around a table, looked like Gollum. I was Harry Potter lol, Snape and Lupin were watching me at first being chased while I tried to use a few spells too stop the beast, afterwards it was getting dangerously close so one of them stepped in with a spell that knocked over the table crushing the beast. I later asked Lupin what that spell was I remembered it started with an, “f” he tells me it’s called ferrio. I attempt the spell on the table and knocked it over.

-Continuing on from first dream, I was being taught spells at a random shopping aisle. I was reading these spells from my Bible. I was ahead of the class. We were required to put our books back on the shopping shelves. I kept mine, their books were red and old, mine was white with silver gilded pages, exactly the same as mine irl. Some men kept looking at me. I left the shopping mall, to the exit I stopped because it was pouring outside. I did feel the rain on my skin, it was so heavy that mist formed and hit my face. Very refreshing and cool. I waited at the exit for my best friend. The same men come by and continued staring at me. One seemed to be interested in me. My friend comes and is soaked. We head up an elevator to her dorm room. Shopping mall becomes her uni. She cleans herself up at the washroom. Later on I’m being chased. I wake up from highlight on irc.

• I go back to sleep and pretty much continue the last dream. People kept trying to hunt me down because I had healing powers. Just like how people touched Jesus’s cloak and were instantly healed. People were chasing me around the dorm. My best friend lead me to a secluded part of the dorm, but a little girl managed to track us. I get pushed into a washroom while my friend pretended to be me and run off. On the washroom door knob, there was a little mirror and below a small peep hole…not sure why. I looked at myself in the mirror as a girl first. After I hear the little girl whining about how my friend was a hoax. She looks into the peep hole as I frantically tried to cover it with my hand, but couldn’t. I looked at the mirror again and I changed into a man… long hair, similar style to Justin beiber’s, dirty blonde. She leaves thankfully. I have another dream about skateboarding downtown with people hating me.

The passages I read in the Bible last night seem to have influenced my dream haha. Not sure where HP’s theme came from though :razz:

Because my coach-class plane dream wasn’t enough, I had another new method of flight against my dream will when an ND had me held hostage in an out-of-control blimp. It bounced off of a building harmlessly as if it was without mass, but that didn’t stop me from freaking out. :razz:

@StarryGwee

I have a few questions about your last post. As you have limited access to the internet, I will make these short answer questions, unless of course you would like to elaborate.

1. Are these two separate dreams?
  1. You talked about casting spells many times. Approximately how many spells did you cast in all of the dreams you reported in your last post?

2. In the final dream you reported, when you saw yourself as a girl in the mirror, was that a different person than who you normally are? In addition to the girl, when you saw yourself as the man in the mirror, did you feel in either of those cases that you were viewing the mirror from those people’s perspectives? (eg. You were actually the man looking at his own reflection versus being you with the reflection of a man in the mirror).

Had an LD here. Probably around 2-3 minutes long. Forgot the LC and my other task that I had set myself unfortunately.

Had a ND, where I:
Flew in a boat, most primitive boat there is.
Also kinda deflected-absorbed “spell” that was casted towards someone else and it drained my “magical energies”. Any magical wands weren’t used.

2 minute ld:
[community.ld4all.com/t/the-tales-of-the-purple/38847/20)

@HeadInTheClouds, they were the same dream. At least 3 when being chased, 4 including the ferrio one. Looking at the mirror first I just appeared as me, same as irl. But I actually became the man in the mirror. As soon as the little girl left I saw myself in DO as the man. I was looking at myself over the larger mirror in the bathroom.

I had a mid-length LD this afternoon :happy:. It’s been a while. It felt about 4 minutes or a bit more. I accomplished the task of feeling the sun on my skin and attempted to get to the moon several times with no success.

[spoiler]Starting at a random part of my ND. I was celebrating a birthday with friends (did irl yesterday). We packed up and were getting ready to go out and eat. I was asked if I had enough to eat out. I only had 10$ left after spending 20$ in an earlier dream. I said I would just get a hamburger. As we were leaving… a random voice in my head says you are forgetting something. I remember I haven’t packed my toothbrush and bathroom items. I go and do so, a hamburger appears in my bag while packing.

I decided to do a hand RC, I get 8 fingers and laugh. My friends call me to hurry up. I tell them I’ll catch up with them later… then realize…wait whut… And fully become lucid. My vision becomes blurry and I feel like I’m about to wake up.

I wake up with blurry vision and perform my hand RC, 10 fingers. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize and everything clears up. I was fascinated at how real things felt, I could feel my own weight pressing onto the ground. I jumped out of my parent’s window sill and flew above my backyard. I let the sun hit me and felt it’s warmth. It was very relaxing and nice. I laid back still in the air and just enjoyed the feeling. I even shut my eyes a few times. I floated up higher in hopes to get more warmth. I pointed my finger at the sun and attempted to draw it closer to me. Instead it dropped a little from the sky. I ascend higher and higher to get closer to the sun and then I recall the other part of the task.

I was pretty much nearing space. I located the moon and flew towards it. Getting to it I noticed it was a fake moon hung on a ceiling. I was in my parent’s room, everything was painted black with fake planets hanging on the ceiling lol. I leave the room and try something different. I shut the door and imagined being on the moon when I opened the door. It doesn’t work.

I jump out of my parent’s window and floated above my roof and tried to locate the moon, it was too sunny. I pointed my finger at the sun and brought it downwards causing it to be less bright. I see the crescent moon at the left side of the sun. I was just about to speed towards it but wake up.[/spoiler]

Hello everyone. As I have said before, I am extremely busy right now, so I have decided to extend Task 5 for another week. This means that any parts of Task 5 that are completed are still eligible for the early bonus points.

Additionally, for this week only, the following bonus task and points will be available. When Task 6 is posted, this bonus task and the bonus points will no longer be worth any points.

Bonus Task:

Find me, your TM, in one of your dreams and complete one of the tasks from LC 37 with me. (Note: The task can be one you have already accomplished or it can be one you have yet to accomplish.) This bonus task is eligible for lucid & combo bonus points, but not early bonus points. +45 pts

Bonus Points:

Again, do another task with me in your dreams. +35 pts

So far, you all have completed all of the parts of the tasks, with the exception of Task 5’s Go to the Moon and Moonwalk. Therefore, for those who complete that part of the task this week, they will gain an extra +10 pts.

(Bonus Points are not eligible for lucid/combo/early points)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or post in this thread. I will get to your questions when I can, but it may take me longer than normal. Finally, there will be no more extensions after this week. We shall go into Task 6 next week, followed a week later with the final Task 7.

HeadInTheClouds

Find you, huh? I demand a picture! :tongue:

Thorn, look as his avatar. :razz:

Anyways, a short LD. Nothing special happened though.

Inception?

((Inception? - Short Lucid Dream))

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 6
Non-Lucid Dreams: 23
False Lucid Dreams: 2
Short Lucid Dreams: 8
Medium Lucid Dreams: 2
Long Lucid Dreams: 1

Task 1: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid), and Part III (Lucid-E)
Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), and 2 Part 4’s
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part 4’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)
Task 4: Part I (Lucid), and Part II (Lucid)
Task 5: Part IV (Lucid-E)

Personal Task One Accomplished : Find a Certain DC
[/spoiler]

^ Okay, let me be more specific: I demand a picture from the front side!

I had a medium LD and a long LD in that order this morning, posted here. I tried to summon HeadInTheClouds on four separate occasions, but couldn’t. I assume he’s being difficult.~