Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

@StarryGwee

I have a few questions about your last post. As you have limited access to the internet, I will make these short answer questions, unless of course you would like to elaborate.

1. Are these two separate dreams?
  1. You talked about casting spells many times. Approximately how many spells did you cast in all of the dreams you reported in your last post?

2. In the final dream you reported, when you saw yourself as a girl in the mirror, was that a different person than who you normally are? In addition to the girl, when you saw yourself as the man in the mirror, did you feel in either of those cases that you were viewing the mirror from those people’s perspectives? (eg. You were actually the man looking at his own reflection versus being you with the reflection of a man in the mirror).

Had an LD here. Probably around 2-3 minutes long. Forgot the LC and my other task that I had set myself unfortunately.

Had a ND, where I:
Flew in a boat, most primitive boat there is.
Also kinda deflected-absorbed “spell” that was casted towards someone else and it drained my “magical energies”. Any magical wands weren’t used.

2 minute ld:
[community.ld4all.com/t/the-tales-of-the-purple/38847/20)

@HeadInTheClouds, they were the same dream. At least 3 when being chased, 4 including the ferrio one. Looking at the mirror first I just appeared as me, same as irl. But I actually became the man in the mirror. As soon as the little girl left I saw myself in DO as the man. I was looking at myself over the larger mirror in the bathroom.

I had a mid-length LD this afternoon :happy:. It’s been a while. It felt about 4 minutes or a bit more. I accomplished the task of feeling the sun on my skin and attempted to get to the moon several times with no success.

[spoiler]Starting at a random part of my ND. I was celebrating a birthday with friends (did irl yesterday). We packed up and were getting ready to go out and eat. I was asked if I had enough to eat out. I only had 10$ left after spending 20$ in an earlier dream. I said I would just get a hamburger. As we were leaving… a random voice in my head says you are forgetting something. I remember I haven’t packed my toothbrush and bathroom items. I go and do so, a hamburger appears in my bag while packing.

I decided to do a hand RC, I get 8 fingers and laugh. My friends call me to hurry up. I tell them I’ll catch up with them later… then realize…wait whut… And fully become lucid. My vision becomes blurry and I feel like I’m about to wake up.

I wake up with blurry vision and perform my hand RC, 10 fingers. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize and everything clears up. I was fascinated at how real things felt, I could feel my own weight pressing onto the ground. I jumped out of my parent’s window sill and flew above my backyard. I let the sun hit me and felt it’s warmth. It was very relaxing and nice. I laid back still in the air and just enjoyed the feeling. I even shut my eyes a few times. I floated up higher in hopes to get more warmth. I pointed my finger at the sun and attempted to draw it closer to me. Instead it dropped a little from the sky. I ascend higher and higher to get closer to the sun and then I recall the other part of the task.

I was pretty much nearing space. I located the moon and flew towards it. Getting to it I noticed it was a fake moon hung on a ceiling. I was in my parent’s room, everything was painted black with fake planets hanging on the ceiling lol. I leave the room and try something different. I shut the door and imagined being on the moon when I opened the door. It doesn’t work.

I jump out of my parent’s window and floated above my roof and tried to locate the moon, it was too sunny. I pointed my finger at the sun and brought it downwards causing it to be less bright. I see the crescent moon at the left side of the sun. I was just about to speed towards it but wake up.[/spoiler]

Hello everyone. As I have said before, I am extremely busy right now, so I have decided to extend Task 5 for another week. This means that any parts of Task 5 that are completed are still eligible for the early bonus points.

Additionally, for this week only, the following bonus task and points will be available. When Task 6 is posted, this bonus task and the bonus points will no longer be worth any points.

Bonus Task:

Find me, your TM, in one of your dreams and complete one of the tasks from LC 37 with me. (Note: The task can be one you have already accomplished or it can be one you have yet to accomplish.) This bonus task is eligible for lucid & combo bonus points, but not early bonus points. +45 pts

Bonus Points:

Again, do another task with me in your dreams. +35 pts

So far, you all have completed all of the parts of the tasks, with the exception of Task 5’s Go to the Moon and Moonwalk. Therefore, for those who complete that part of the task this week, they will gain an extra +10 pts.

(Bonus Points are not eligible for lucid/combo/early points)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or post in this thread. I will get to your questions when I can, but it may take me longer than normal. Finally, there will be no more extensions after this week. We shall go into Task 6 next week, followed a week later with the final Task 7.

HeadInTheClouds

Find you, huh? I demand a picture! :tongue:

Thorn, look as his avatar. :razz:

Anyways, a short LD. Nothing special happened though.

Inception?

((Inception? - Short Lucid Dream))

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 6
Non-Lucid Dreams: 23
False Lucid Dreams: 2
Short Lucid Dreams: 8
Medium Lucid Dreams: 2
Long Lucid Dreams: 1

Task 1: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid), and Part III (Lucid-E)
Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), and 2 Part 4’s
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part 4’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)
Task 4: Part I (Lucid), and Part II (Lucid)
Task 5: Part IV (Lucid-E)

Personal Task One Accomplished : Find a Certain DC
[/spoiler]

^ Okay, let me be more specific: I demand a picture from the front side!

I had a medium LD and a long LD in that order this morning, posted here. I tried to summon HeadInTheClouds on four separate occasions, but couldn’t. I assume he’s being difficult.~

Three short LD’s starting here… [community.ld4all.com/t/masonc1s-new-dream-journal/37225/77)

I never primed myself for any of my tasks for some reason.

I think I’ve done at least one task in the past two days of dreams. I don’t feel too clear about it though.

For the first one, I had a dream of a version of The Croods. There was a part where I remember being in the dream as a character (Task 4, part 3) but only briefly if ever.
In the end, it was like I was watching the movie/trailer, so like a disembodied dream observer (Task 4, part 1).

In my last dream, Play Fight Revenge, I was a little girl, which could count as a parallel version of myself (Task 5, part 1).

Sorry Jessica, but that doesn’t count as Task 5 part 1. In order to meet that requirement, you have to find a parallel version of yourself, not be that parallel version. If you first found the parallel version of yourself, and then became her, then it would count. If that is the case, let me know. Even though it doesn’t fulfill Task 5 part 1, it does qualify for Task 4 part 5.

Of course I’m being difficult, otherwise the task would be too easy. :lol:

I would rather see what your mind conjures up; it’s more interesting that way. So, unfortunately, I will not be posting a picture. If you really do need an image, then like Scipio Xaos said, look at my avatar. If that is not enough, then I have been told that I am incredibly good looking, so maybe that will help. :tongue:

I also wanted to make clear to everyone that as long as you honestly believe that the DC is supposed to be me, then the form I’m in doesn’t matter. I may not even be human in your dreams. Perhaps I am a vampire or a werewolf.

Good luck finding me in your dreams,
HeadInTheClouds

^ I should clarify that my tongue was out because I was not expecting you to post an actual picture. :wink: That said, if it’s gonna take more than a few more attempts before I manage to get you, perhaps I’ll just accomplish my second goal instead, as the person I need to summon for it is more willing and less crafty.~

Hey Thorn,
Yeah, I know. I was just kidding around with you too, but I figured it would be smart to clarify it in case anybody else was wondering.

Two short LD’s

I had 2 LDs :happy:. First one I count as short 2min cos I can’t remember it clearly…went back to sleep without recording hehe. Second one at least 5 minutes. I accomplished the task of finding my parallel self, spent the first bit trying to find you but it was difficult.

[spoiler]The first LD I got lucid somehow can’t recall now, but I spent a good bit trying to find you, that’s what I remember. The key points I remember is flying on top of a building, called the empire building or something. It was really high. I was trying to find you “in the clouds” haha. thought it’d be a good place to look :razz:. Sadly that’s all I remember. It felt like a long ld too, but since I can’t recall enough, I’d count it short.

The second LD I was going back to sleep and just telling myself I will RC. I was also attempting WILD. I was thinking a lot and started to lose focus seeing HI. Eventually I fall asleep and enter a dream. I wake up in the dream on my bed and a habit of mine, I performed a hand RC to 4 fingers.

I remember the dream was very dark, night time and hazy. I stabilized a lot by rubbing my hands together. I flew out my window to the sky to look for you in the clouds, because that’s where I expected you to be. But whenever I get like 2m away from my window I get pulled back into my room. This went on for quite a while. I kept getting pulled back. Frustrated I thought maybe it wasn’t stable enough, so I rubbed my hands on my computer chair, feeling the fabric. That really brought a sense of wholeness to the dream. But still… kept getting pulled back. At one point I just stood at the window and looked around the sky to look for the moon because I was planning to find you and bring you to the moon :razz:. But there was no moon…at all. Which would explain why it was so dark.

I decided I was wasting my time and switched to finding my parallel self. I made my way downstairs and noticed desktop at where my living room would be, didn’t look anything like my living room. The computer was on and on the webpage ld4all. I was sure to stabilize here. I looked over the webpage to see if it was messed up or anything. It was just the welcoming page, nothing was out of the ordinary. There was a mirror icon at the top right corner of the page I thought it was always there in the dream. I clicked on it and it appeared on the center of the screen growing larger. Then I asked it, “who is my parallel self?” In the center of the grey mirror a circular loading symbol appears lol. I did a time RC by looking at the time on the computer bar. It changes by 5 minutes. I do the time rc a couple more times and noticed it kept changing by 5 minutes. So dream time 5min/irl time second pretty much. It was fascinating.

I grow impatient with the loading mirror icon and leave, I was actually thinking of going on irc in the dream to see how it would be but didn’t wanna waste time. The dream scene swaps. I’m in my basement now and remember to stabilize, rubbed my hands together. In my basement I see a girl crying while lying on my soccer table… I wave my hand over her and with a thought, commanded waves of positivity into her. She stops crying and asks what I was doing. I told her I was just sending positive energy into her. She keeps thinking I’m saying “positive inertia” I repeat “energy”. I asked her then if she was my parallel self. She says no. Afterwards a group of people come downstairs. I see another girl and ask her if she’s my parallel self in which she replied no. I asked her if she knew where my parallel self is, she says she is right beside me. I turned to my right and see this girl a lot taller than me. She had brown hair tied up in a very high bun, she was a lot chubbierr than me, but a good healthy weight. She gave off a very welcoming feel, along with the rest of the people. I felt very welcomed. I asked the girl right away what her name is, she replies, “Nicole”. (Not my name irl) then I asked her to tell me about herself. She says that she is a “soft athlete”, a drinker, and caring person. She elaborated on “caring” by pointing to a little cute baby strapped into his seat thing. She says it is her friend’s baby that she is helping to take care of. I poked the little baby’s chubby cheeks while she spoke… he was soo adorable ! Every time he would try to bite my finger but he had no teeth. Nicole introduces everyone there, I didn’t care to remember everyone’s name. I only focused on remembering hers and Gavin, the little baby. She continues talking and at a point offers me a drink, but I refused. Mid way in the conversation I wake up. :c It was pretty vivid and an Interesting lucid. Those DCs actually kind of feel… real. :razz:

Interesting character, not exactly the opposite or similar. Not sure what soft athletes are, but I’m no athlete irl. I love sports and play fairly well compared to a lot of girls…but no athlete. Drinking, I’m actually against alcoholic beverages. Caring… I would like to think I am. :razz: I try my best to help people in need. I am pretty empathetic.[/spoiler]

It’s okay, thanks! No, didn’t find the parallel version.

Short lucid moment today. I had another disturbing dream and went lucid for two seconds. I was like, “so it’s this kind of dream again…” the dream didn’t last long at that point, I woke up in the middle of escaping.

Had repeated changes of perspective again in my last dream where I would go back and forth from being in the story, to someone else having been in my place.

For the fourth part, Foretold War, I was this other girl, not myself, so I wrote it in third person.

For the last part with the Simpsons, I was a DO, where it transitioned that it had been them and Homer in place of me and my dad in the earlier part.

I had an ND this morning in which I took the perspective of a young adult doing some mountain climbing (posted here, in the first dream). This was the first time that I really felt as if I’d only taken the perspective of something instead of becoming it, as I can’t really say I was the one controlling things.