Half Dream-Half Awake? Not SP.

I was going through my old DJ and I found this.
I was having this dream that I was trying to escape Libya. I was a full suited marine with an assault rifle and everything. I was going solo and somehow I got stuck with this little girl that I was trying to keep alive.
This is weird because, if I’m trying to help a girl in mortal peril in my dreams, she’s usually a very attractive young woman, not a child, and I can almost never help her.
I was determined this time though. I got her behind a pile of rubble and I spotted the evac point. I leapt out and beginning firing at the towel heads so she could make a run for it and get out of there.
Here is the weird part though. I felt myself lying in bed and I think I kept waking up and going back to sleep in a split second. I was in two places at once: my bed and Libya. Is there a name for this?
If not, then by the power vested in En.Ki(Lord of the Land), I decree that it shall be called a BiLocation Dream and a new acronym shall be created, BLD. JK about the Enki thing. But seriously this is a good idea.

A BLD shall be defined as: any dream where the dreamer feels he is in two places at once, whether he is in two dreams at once or feels he is both in bed and in the dream as he may be having a half-FA.

I guess your experience in the dream was so intense that you actually did wake up but as you stayed still you menage to do DEILD and enter the dream again and again… Sometimes this could take a minute or 2 or just a split of a second like in your case. It’s a very useful tool which as it seems you used unintentionally.

But now when you know about it you can used it more often although 2 things should be covered in order for this to work:

1. if you are awoken from the dream you still need to be in REM cycle
  2. you shouldn’t move, but you can be conscious about it and you can remain awake for minute or 2 just not to long because you will wake up to much… (even if you do move slightly it still can be done, the idea is to not wake yourself too much although not moving would be perfect and not to mention opening eyes…)

I remember doing DEILD before, although I never knew the name. This one was just weird because I remember at certain points being in the dream while feeling like I was in bed.

Anyway, this is probably one of my favorite dreams. I just wish it lasted longer! I mean, I’m sure the girl got into the helicopter okay, but I don’t know if I did or if I got shot!

Thanks though. :smile:

Yeah I’ve had the same experience with feeling my RL body and dream body. Actually it’s usually how I know I’m waking up. As best as I can tell, it’s your body starting to awaken even though your mind is still in a dream. Like dB_FTS said, it’s a perfect time for DEILD and most likely what you were doing without realizing.

Quick tip for you: when you start feeling like this, start rubbing your hands like crazy. It might feel like you’re accidentally rubbing your RL hands, but there’s a good 98% chance that’s just a false awakening. Remember to RC, even if you are sure you’ve woken up.

DEILD and half-dream-half-awake has happened to me quite a few times, too.

With the right balance, I could use ordinary waking imagination and eventually the dream will take over. It might have helped that I imagined going back into the same dream that I was coming out from, so part of my mind was running to meet me in that sense. That mild, passive method might be enough to work already… not even rubbing your hands or grabbing hold of something in the dream.

And I had no SP in that, either. :smile: