I thought I had it..Need Help with WILD!

Okay so last night I was determined to attempt lucid dreaming. I laid down on my back and I closed all windows and doors so it was pitch black. I turned on this brainwave entertainment track on YouTube that lasts 90 mins and I close my eyes and attempted the WILD technique. After a little while I started experiencing weird things, I began to twitch a little bit and it felt like I was vibrating briefly. I remember being really excited and thinking my heartbeat was so loud it was all I could hear. I realized I needed to calm down to fall asleep so I keep repeating “I am going to have a lucid dream” over and over for a long time. My body became numb and I couldnt feel my hands, and then I felt really warm and soft and then like there was pressure being pushed down on me but it didn’t hurt. But I was still staring into the blackness. I started to count from 100 to 0 and back to 100 to calm down and get more dreary and I must have done it at least seven times…I felt like I wasn’t in my room anymore or I was like on the brink of dreaming but everything was still black. I didn’t want to loose my progress so I refused to open my eyes and break the process. I kept counting and kept listening to the track and my body was asleep…although my mind still awake. After what seemed for forever…I thought I had to be dreaming because I had been in this state for so long and my memory was fuzzy and I couldnt count anymore I kept forgetting numbers…and then the music stopped…I thought I must be dreaming now, I must have finally entered my dream! It was still black…but I read about the out of body experiences where you are dreaming although think you are in the same place as you fell asleep, so I slowly tried to push my finger through my hand and…it didnt work. I was still awake. I had to go to the bathroom and I was frustrated so I looked at my phone and the music ended because the track ended…I had sat there counting for an hour and a half…I felt terrible. So I sat up, which felt really weir because my body was asleep and it took a little while to gain normal feeling in my limbs. I went to the bathroom and then laid in bed. I woke up this morning, no lucid dreams and in fact I don’t even remember any dreams from last night at all. Disappointed. What am I doing wrong?

I sat there for an hour and a half with no progress

All help is greatly appreciated

-Fallacy

Did you attempt the WILD during bedtime? A lot of people do and don’t succeed at it. It’s best to combine WILD with WBTB. Don’t have anything on when you’re doing WILD, just go to sleep like usual. From reading your experience, you seem to have been way too focused and awake. It’s difficult to explain, but you have to kinda let yourself sleep. Go to sleep like you normally do, but keeping very little awareness, otherwise you’d be laying awake until you feel tired, and fall asleep. WILD is a difficult technique to master if you’re just starting off, look into DEILD, it is kinda like a WILD but much more simpler.

You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself! :content:

I’m definitely not a WILD expert, but by the sound of it you done really well, I’m guessing you haven’t been practicing for very long? If you havent then even better, but either way kudos to you for laying there and refusing to give up for so long, I think I would have just fallen asleep! Hopefully an expert will jump in and give you some advice but you must be on the right track if you are entering SP.

There’s always a next time!

As Gwee said, try it after some sleep (5 - 6 hours, maybe). When you first go to bed it usually takes 90 minutes of normal sleep before you hit REM, so that makes it a lot harder… and that’s not 90 minutes of lying there, that’s 90 minutes of sleep, so it’s a long time! And if you do this in the middle of the night or early morning you just came from sleep, so your body is already ready to do it’s thing.

okay thank you, I’m doing to try some other methods like MILD, but I can’t even remember my dreams so I feel like I wont have any luck.

I have faced the same problem and it sucks. I’m not quite sure how to get past it, since I used a never ending that rope completely failed on me.
I’m just trying to say that you’re not alone in this situation.
But, I will definitely check back in after I try Gwee’s technique out.