Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

[community.ld4all.com/t/masonc1s-new-dream-journal/37225/80)

Medium Length lucid dream where I complete parts of the Parallel Selves task.

I had a medium-length LD here that did not accomplish any tasks.

I had a bunch of NDs today. Haven’t been in the lucid dreaming mood lately :razz:

In one of them I sang a little. My older brother and his friend found a bird dowstairs in our basement. They were poking it around and scaring it. I went downstairs and told my brother’s friend to stop bothering it. The bird is a medium sized green parrot. He attempts to hop onto my right shoulder but kinda falls still grasping my shirt. I bring it upstairs and put it in an old cage I have from irl. (Had canaries). I say to the parrot, “Your name is Para” The parrot just stares at me. I point at myself and say my name and point at him saying, “Para”. He’s not responsive. I place my pointer finger at it’s feet and nudge them, he hops onto my finger. Suddenly the parrot bursts out saying, “You named me after para para paradise”. I told him yes and sang a bit of it, “dream of a para para paradise, para para paradise. Every time she closed her eyes…” (Paradise-Coldplay)

Not sure if this counts, but I kinda casted a spell in an ND. I recall biking home at night and losing control almost scraping my neighbor’s silver car, but I took control last minute. I got to my garage and shut the garage door while it went down I casted the “Protego Maxima” spell over my house. I didn’t chant it or use a wand though, I commanded it with a thought. (Watched the last HP movie last night again lol) I watched as a light blue wave of light touched ground then I shut the door. Afterwards someone or something breaks into my house setting fire to kids…

Had an LD here. This one features a major personal milestone for me as I finally completed a transformation for the first time since I took up LD’ing. (prior to this one, they’d either stall or the dream would just end too soon but here, I was able to briefly explore my new form for a while without the dream ending) Although I believe I completed part of my personal goal that I had set myself previously at the beginning of the LC, I’m not sure if it quite exceeded three minutes.

[center]Task 7 – Do Something Awesome[/center]

Hello and welcome to the seventh and final task of LC 37. I wanted the LC to go out with a bang (pun intended :tongue: ), so here are the points up for grabs this week.

1. Survive an Explosion – +50 pts
2. Ride a Dinosaur – +50 pts
3. Create a DC and Do Something with It – +50 pts
4. Complete Personal Awesome Task – +50 pts
5. Each Time the Above Parts are Completed Again – +25 pts per tick

Alright, so our definitions of awesome may be quite different. That is why I included part 4, which needs additional explanation. You have the option to choose what thing you want to do that you think is awesome. This basically works like the personal task, except that it is part of Task 7 and is thus eligible for lucid/combo/early points. In order to gain part 4’s points, you must post what Awesome Task you want to accomplish in this thread before you attempt it in your dream.

For part 5, anytime that you have already completed one of the first four parts, then you will fulfill this part the next time. So lets say that you completed part 1, and then you complete it again. The second time, you would have instead completed part 5. Part 5 works the same way for parts 2-4. Additionally, you can’t complete any part of the task multiple times in the same dream. In order to gain points for part 5, you must complete the same task in a different dream. On top of this, part 5 can only be completed once per dream. If this confuses anyone, please let me know.

+25 creativity points to whomever completes one of the parts of the task with the most creative style.

Creativity points for Task 6 and current scores will hopefully be posted soon, although there is the chance I may not get around to it this week.

Do Something Awesome in Your Dreams,
HeadInTheClouds :cool:

Augh, I was kind of hoping the points would be lower this week, not higher. The one-week extension carries the end of the LC into a week during which I need to radically alter my sleep schedule. At least the tasks are “awesome”. :tongue:

While I wanted to save this for LD #100, I think I’ll fulfill a very old goal of mine for Part 4 and meet some of the “dragons” of LD4all…* Ysim, Dragon Lord of Dreams

• GreenDragon
  • Wyvern
  • …and many others.
    It’ll be nice to get back to an old goal and finally see it through instead of getting distracted.

I’ll just set the awesome task to ‘become a bubble dragon’. Specifically the bubble memories model
youtube.com/watch?feature=p … W2eU#t=90s

Really a sometimes thing but I don’t mind about a week for it. It’s possible that when I make the transformation I’ll be just slightly taller/thinner, but overall shape should be the same.

I had a medium (4-5min) LD Sunday morning. I WILD’d in and accomplished the task of singing, flying differently, and managed to get lumos maxima to work. :razz:

[spoiler]Sos, I woke up after sleeping only about 3hrs, the position the sun was at in the sky directed light rays right at my face, so it woke me up. I went back to sleep as soon as the sun shifted a bit.

I laid in bed for a while and decided to do a WILD. I struggled a bit with keeping awareness, drifting in and out. Eventually, I gained vision of my room. It was very unstable feeling though, so I kind of had to grasp onto the dream mentally. Getting off my bed I stabilze by rubbing my hands together and commanded an increase of lucidity by 100%. :razz: Those two didn’t really help. My vision was horribly blurry and as I left my room everything goes black. I could still feel myself around the dream, just lost my vision. I didn’t want to wake up with nothing accomplished so I quickly picked a song to sing. First few lyric lines that came to mind was from Rockstar- Nickleback. I sang it feeling weird, stuttering somewhat. It felt as if the voice/sound was coming from my chest rather than my vocal area. I could also hear myself singing “irl” a little bit.

My vision comes back. I hop out of my window and soared around the sky. It’s very cloudy and misty, strangely. (Probably cos murky weather here irl) Since it was quite dark, I remembered the HP spell. I shouted out, “Lumos Maxima!” I had no wand to begin with, but as I shouted that, a wand materializes in my hand right when I began saying it and a shot of light/blueish white light shoots out of the end of the wand. It was pretty awesome, the materializing part :razz:.

Afterwards, I just spend a bit of my time flying and enjoying myself. Not long after I’m reminded of the flying task. I conjure up three balloons and grasp at the string. I floated upwards gently having a bit of an issue grasping the string at times. It was quite slow, but different. (Never done) I floated through the clouds and am reminded to find HITC. I finally get through the cloud top …but hit a ceiling. The ceiling of my bedroom.I hop onto my bedroom floor finding a few celebrities telling me that I’m crazy and not dreaming, also how the ceiling was proof. I jump out of my bedroom window and re-attempt the balloon thing looking out for you in the clouds lol. I hit the sky ceiling again :c.

I lose my lucidity at this point and dream scene switches. I have “awoken” from my LD in my garage. I check IRC with my phone and find out argon had dreamt of me in her LD. I then proceeded to share my LD experience with the rest of chat.

My friends pick me up and we head to the mall food area. I remember seeing two of my twenty dollar bills laid in a “v” shape with a random loonie lying on the side. I go into my wallet looking for loonies.

Dream scene switches to me picking out loonies in a bag while being in my parent’s room. Found a special loonie from 1937. While picking, I noticed my mom going downstairs, but then I see her coming out of her room bathroom right after. I get freaked out and tell her I thought she went downstairs.

Scene switches to me in my little brother’s room. I noted that it was 8am on his clock and that I had little time to sleep. A family member or somebody else, can’t recall now, but someone made me check the time again. I checked the time again and noticed that the time had changed to 9am. I do my time RC, rechecked and it changes to, " ‘-’ " no numbers just that. I’m surprised that I was still dreaming. I can’t really recall what I did afterwards, something about walking on a lonely road at night. I woke up abruptly from my phone alarm, which probably killed my recall.[/spoiler]

[EDIT] Probably not “Awesome” to you peeps, but my personal awesome task will be creating stars/light. I’ll explode them in the end for the other task haha. Inspired by Tolkien’s character, Varda the star-kindler ~

HeadInTheClouds: Sorry for this being so late. I think it should count as I was flying in the rain when I found you. I didn’t realize that when I first posted it a few weeks ago. :razz:

That being said, I’ve been gone for quite a while and the tables have turned! :eek: My recall slump has left me in third place! But I’m not giving up yet! I’m pulling out all the stops and going for as many tasks as I can in the next few days! So, I’ll start by naming my Task 7 Part IV to be “Get some Vocaloid DCs in my dream and have a concert!” I’ve been mulling over that idea the past few days and I think it fits perfectly! :happy:

Now on to my updates:

I have a couple NDs and a WILD. No tasks accomplished, but still a short lucid.

June 8 -> June 9

((WILD Interrupt - Short Lucid Dream))

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 6
Non-Lucid Dreams: 23
False Lucid Dreams: 2
Short Lucid Dreams: 9
Medium Lucid Dreams: 3
Long Lucid Dreams: 1

Task 1: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid), and Part III (Lucid-E)
Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), and 2 Part 4’s
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part 4’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)
Task 4: Part I (Lucid), and Part II (Lucid)
Task 5: Part III (Lucid-E), and Part IV (Lucid-E)

Personal Task One Accomplished : Find a Certain DC

Bonus Task: Completed Once (Fly In Rain)
[/spoiler]

I guess I’ll put my personal awesome task for now as being a good mother. Have been too tired and lazy lately to string together my scattered and sometimes confusing dream memories when I wake up. I still recall some elements of a recent dream which involved a play and lava and fake death and eating noodles as a cure. Maybe I’ll try to write it tomorrow.

Well… No awesome singing or the two separate, but I have some lucid spells! They happened by accident. :razz: I was still really close to my personal awesome task. :happy: I’ll get it tonight! Huzzah! :biggrin:

I’m Speaking But No “Sound” Comes Out & Demonic Possession

((I’m Speaking But No “Sound” Comes Out - Medium Lucid Dream - Task 2 Part IV x 3 (Lucid)))

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 6
Non-Lucid Dreams: 25
Medium Lucid Dreams: 4
Long Lucid Dreams: 1

Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), and 5 Part IV’s
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part IV’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)

[/spoiler]

I had an ND here in which I was taking the perspective of an adventurous young woman (Task 4 Part 5) and hiding from an explosion. I ultimately got through unscathed (Task 7 Part 1), but unfortunately I only felt and never really saw the explosion. Stupid NDs, ruining all the fun…

As written in that post, I owe a big thanks to Scipio for reminding me that the explosion was why the word “Boston” was in my notes for the journal entry; I remembered all of the dream’s characters and places clearly but had no memory of the dream’s events.

Hey, real quick update. I’ve been too busy to score everything that has been posted, but I do have the scores for all dreams posted before the 7th task. You can find those at the end of this post. Congratulations to StarryGwee for winning the +5 pts creativity points for Task 6! I liked the parrot. Also, congrats to James_uk2008 for completing his personal goal!

It looks like a tight race for first place. Good luck everyone and happy lucid dreaming. :smile:

Current Scores:

Thorn: 1645
Lucidis: 0
James_uk2008: 380
Masonc1: 350
Omnisomnia: 0
MrLucidZombie: 0
argon: 420
Scipio Xaos: 1635
Rhewin: 340
Cyclonic: 50
MagykKatte: 20
Siiw: 520
StarryGwee: 1560
Jessica: 155
GigaByte: 0
squoak: 70
mr_Block: 0
demented: 145

Do we need to decide on the awesome task before the dream, or would doing something awesome within the LD, when the chance popped up, count? I turned a desert into an oasis this morning. Even if this doesn’t count, i still took the POV of a DC. Will post when i get home.

Yes, the personal awesome task must be posted before you attempt it in your dreams.

I had a short LD where I switched places with a DC. and for the awesome task, I want to make a planet habitable.

At the end of this ND, I took the perspective of a game character (Task 4 Part 5). I was so focused on the flight aspect (which I’ve done before and couldn’t use for the LC) that I almost forgot to consider the small amount of points for changing perspectives.

Gah, been lazy and have 2 days of dreams to report. First dream had a moment of lucidity, but it wasn’t enough for me to take control. I also felt rain in it when walking outside. Second dream had about 3min of lucidity, also with rain and it was really cold. I didn’t remember my task and went about with other things. :razz:

[spoiler]

1. June 12th, 13’

There was a part where I’m upset with my father lying about saving up for my education.

Then I remember being at a house party with an old friend. We both leave early thinking her mother would pick us up. But her mother couldn’t come. We walk home in a neighborhood I recognize close to my hs irl. While walking it begins to rain really heavily, both of us shield our heads with our hands and pick up our paces.

The scene switches, at the end of the neighborhood instead of a large road it’s fenced and there’s a vast ocean. It wasn’t calm looking, waves were rolling and roaring about and there was a beautiful sunset peeking through a few grey clouds in the sky. It was a beautiful sight. In the ocean a whirpool began to form… winds began to pick up. A water tornado started to form. My friend H dashed away. I backed up and was about to run but I didn’t want to miss the opportunity of capturing a picture of it. I ran off but stopped to go back to snap a quick photo. I rush to safety, and was surprised to see a frail elderly man directing people to safety. I have a moment of lucidity here, thinking ‘right, it’s a dream he won’t get hurt’ After this I black out.

I wake up in a white room ontop of a table with wires taped and clipped over my body. My friend H was on the other table. We seem to have been caught up in the water tornado and sustained some injuries. My lucidness was very low here, but still there. It seems I have lost my legs and my friend lost her arms. I sat myself up and ripped off the clips and wire on my body. While doing that, without knowing my legs regenerated. The doctor rushes in worried, she was K my past supervisor. I smile and thank her and walk off to other things only to wake up.

1. June 13th, 13’

It begins with me heading downstairs and noticing how dark it already is. Then I checked the time and it was already 9pm. Confused I do the time RC and realized I’m dreaming :cool:. I flew out my front door into the sky and noticed it’s raining. The rain was cool and reminded me of how I wanted to increase my lucidity levels. One of the methods was to strip, getting uncomfortable. I was going to…but the rain honestly made it really cold. My lucidity was already pretty high. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize. Then I noticed a bus going an old route. I remember wanting to ride a bus in one of my lds before. I flew towards it but was really slow… whenever my consciousness is high, surreal things like flying and walking through things becomes difficult. I could almost touch the back of the bus, but then it zooms off -_-

I hoovered a bit off the ground and noticed two DCs walking on the sidewalk. One of them looked at me wide eyed and…his face was clear. I don’t normally get clear faced DCs. I descend and walked with them, I then told them, “What if I told you that I’m only dreaming” No response. " So, what part of me do you guys represent?" They both only giggled. I give up and floated upwards, the clear face boy then says, “so what do we do?” Hinting he knew it was a dream. I tell him to come with me, he lifts off the ground a bit scared, but I taught him how to control it. Then that’s all I remember…

Afterwards I remember bits of different dreams, very eventful dreams. There was one where I’m home and forced to drink some sort of fluid twice which caused me to bend over backwards in pain. It was a drink that would transform me into something else… like Wolverine.

I’m with my friends and somewhat lucid. I flew around and they’re facsinated by it. I flew through a window from my home and they attempt to do the same only to smash against it.

I’m helping some guy plug something above the roof. Still somewhat lucid. The DC dude tells me I’m safe there in the dream. There’s something about me drinking that fluid before, it allowed some evil guy control over me. But not when I’m dreaming. I felt trapped and saw a short vision of an old guy with a cane who went through the same thing as me, he lost his memory.

I’m in an office, my mother is dicussing money issues. There’s a toilet at the front of the office where I washed my hands in. Then I noticed a sink right beside the toilet and was embarassed and grossed out. I go wash my hands. My mom is led into another room with a long table and two women sitting at the end. I followed along. They asked my mom things, I mention something about furniture. One of the nicer women talks about having a flickr account, we dicuss and exchange websites. There’s a whole lot more but I can’t remember. Fell asleep typing keywords lol.[/spoiler]

Okay, here’s an odd one for you, in the third dream of that entry. I’ll guess at how I think it scores as I type, but I may be wrong.

I have a lucid moment based on faulty logic (10 points), immediately lose lucidity due to the same logic, regain it shortly after on that logic (5 points for regaining it), and lose it again. I continue through the dream as normal, and later wonder if I’m dreaming (0 points, as this questioning counts as part of lucid points already earned) but have two different reality checks say that things are real. The dream later puts me in the perspective of Bugs Bunny for no discernible reason (20 points via Task 4 Part 4).

I know that Scipio’s about to push me backward one place when he posts, so I absolutely must be lucid for the final morning of the LC tomorrow, and I must conform exactly to my incubation. Being ahead at the original scheduled end and then losing because a task was extended for a week would be embarrassing, and I refuse to let it happen. >:0

Thorn: All in good fun. :3 Good luck!

Well here I am with a LONG LUCID DREAM! :happy: It’s great! I also survived an explosion! :open_mouth: And, to top it off, I think I had my longest LD yet! Gotta push myself for tonight, though, I don’t want to make things too easy for Thorn… :content:

June 12 -> June 14

((McSandwiches and Exploding Helicopters - Long Lucid Dream - Task 7 Part I (Lucid-E) - Longest Lucid Dream))

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 7
Non-Lucid Dreams: 26
Medium Lucid Dreams: 4
Long Lucid Dreams: 2

Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), and 5 Part IV’s
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part IV’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)
Task 6: ~Empty~
Task 7: Part I (Lucid-E)

Longest Lucid Dream Bonus
[/spoiler]