Lucidity Challenge 37: Winner - Scipio Xaos! Congrats!

I had an ND here in which I was taking the perspective of an adventurous young woman (Task 4 Part 5) and hiding from an explosion. I ultimately got through unscathed (Task 7 Part 1), but unfortunately I only felt and never really saw the explosion. Stupid NDs, ruining all the fun…

As written in that post, I owe a big thanks to Scipio for reminding me that the explosion was why the word “Boston” was in my notes for the journal entry; I remembered all of the dream’s characters and places clearly but had no memory of the dream’s events.

Hey, real quick update. I’ve been too busy to score everything that has been posted, but I do have the scores for all dreams posted before the 7th task. You can find those at the end of this post. Congratulations to StarryGwee for winning the +5 pts creativity points for Task 6! I liked the parrot. Also, congrats to James_uk2008 for completing his personal goal!

It looks like a tight race for first place. Good luck everyone and happy lucid dreaming. :smile:

Current Scores:

Thorn: 1645
Lucidis: 0
James_uk2008: 380
Masonc1: 350
Omnisomnia: 0
MrLucidZombie: 0
argon: 420
Scipio Xaos: 1635
Rhewin: 340
Cyclonic: 50
MagykKatte: 20
Siiw: 520
StarryGwee: 1560
Jessica: 155
GigaByte: 0
squoak: 70
mr_Block: 0
demented: 145

Do we need to decide on the awesome task before the dream, or would doing something awesome within the LD, when the chance popped up, count? I turned a desert into an oasis this morning. Even if this doesn’t count, i still took the POV of a DC. Will post when i get home.

Yes, the personal awesome task must be posted before you attempt it in your dreams.

I had a short LD where I switched places with a DC. and for the awesome task, I want to make a planet habitable.

At the end of this ND, I took the perspective of a game character (Task 4 Part 5). I was so focused on the flight aspect (which I’ve done before and couldn’t use for the LC) that I almost forgot to consider the small amount of points for changing perspectives.

Gah, been lazy and have 2 days of dreams to report. First dream had a moment of lucidity, but it wasn’t enough for me to take control. I also felt rain in it when walking outside. Second dream had about 3min of lucidity, also with rain and it was really cold. I didn’t remember my task and went about with other things. :razz:

[spoiler]

1. June 12th, 13’

There was a part where I’m upset with my father lying about saving up for my education.

Then I remember being at a house party with an old friend. We both leave early thinking her mother would pick us up. But her mother couldn’t come. We walk home in a neighborhood I recognize close to my hs irl. While walking it begins to rain really heavily, both of us shield our heads with our hands and pick up our paces.

The scene switches, at the end of the neighborhood instead of a large road it’s fenced and there’s a vast ocean. It wasn’t calm looking, waves were rolling and roaring about and there was a beautiful sunset peeking through a few grey clouds in the sky. It was a beautiful sight. In the ocean a whirpool began to form… winds began to pick up. A water tornado started to form. My friend H dashed away. I backed up and was about to run but I didn’t want to miss the opportunity of capturing a picture of it. I ran off but stopped to go back to snap a quick photo. I rush to safety, and was surprised to see a frail elderly man directing people to safety. I have a moment of lucidity here, thinking ‘right, it’s a dream he won’t get hurt’ After this I black out.

I wake up in a white room ontop of a table with wires taped and clipped over my body. My friend H was on the other table. We seem to have been caught up in the water tornado and sustained some injuries. My lucidness was very low here, but still there. It seems I have lost my legs and my friend lost her arms. I sat myself up and ripped off the clips and wire on my body. While doing that, without knowing my legs regenerated. The doctor rushes in worried, she was K my past supervisor. I smile and thank her and walk off to other things only to wake up.

1. June 13th, 13’

It begins with me heading downstairs and noticing how dark it already is. Then I checked the time and it was already 9pm. Confused I do the time RC and realized I’m dreaming :cool:. I flew out my front door into the sky and noticed it’s raining. The rain was cool and reminded me of how I wanted to increase my lucidity levels. One of the methods was to strip, getting uncomfortable. I was going to…but the rain honestly made it really cold. My lucidity was already pretty high. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize. Then I noticed a bus going an old route. I remember wanting to ride a bus in one of my lds before. I flew towards it but was really slow… whenever my consciousness is high, surreal things like flying and walking through things becomes difficult. I could almost touch the back of the bus, but then it zooms off -_-

I hoovered a bit off the ground and noticed two DCs walking on the sidewalk. One of them looked at me wide eyed and…his face was clear. I don’t normally get clear faced DCs. I descend and walked with them, I then told them, “What if I told you that I’m only dreaming” No response. " So, what part of me do you guys represent?" They both only giggled. I give up and floated upwards, the clear face boy then says, “so what do we do?” Hinting he knew it was a dream. I tell him to come with me, he lifts off the ground a bit scared, but I taught him how to control it. Then that’s all I remember…

Afterwards I remember bits of different dreams, very eventful dreams. There was one where I’m home and forced to drink some sort of fluid twice which caused me to bend over backwards in pain. It was a drink that would transform me into something else… like Wolverine.

I’m with my friends and somewhat lucid. I flew around and they’re facsinated by it. I flew through a window from my home and they attempt to do the same only to smash against it.

I’m helping some guy plug something above the roof. Still somewhat lucid. The DC dude tells me I’m safe there in the dream. There’s something about me drinking that fluid before, it allowed some evil guy control over me. But not when I’m dreaming. I felt trapped and saw a short vision of an old guy with a cane who went through the same thing as me, he lost his memory.

I’m in an office, my mother is dicussing money issues. There’s a toilet at the front of the office where I washed my hands in. Then I noticed a sink right beside the toilet and was embarassed and grossed out. I go wash my hands. My mom is led into another room with a long table and two women sitting at the end. I followed along. They asked my mom things, I mention something about furniture. One of the nicer women talks about having a flickr account, we dicuss and exchange websites. There’s a whole lot more but I can’t remember. Fell asleep typing keywords lol.[/spoiler]

Okay, here’s an odd one for you, in the third dream of that entry. I’ll guess at how I think it scores as I type, but I may be wrong.

I have a lucid moment based on faulty logic (10 points), immediately lose lucidity due to the same logic, regain it shortly after on that logic (5 points for regaining it), and lose it again. I continue through the dream as normal, and later wonder if I’m dreaming (0 points, as this questioning counts as part of lucid points already earned) but have two different reality checks say that things are real. The dream later puts me in the perspective of Bugs Bunny for no discernible reason (20 points via Task 4 Part 4).

I know that Scipio’s about to push me backward one place when he posts, so I absolutely must be lucid for the final morning of the LC tomorrow, and I must conform exactly to my incubation. Being ahead at the original scheduled end and then losing because a task was extended for a week would be embarrassing, and I refuse to let it happen. >:0

Thorn: All in good fun. :3 Good luck!

Well here I am with a LONG LUCID DREAM! :happy: It’s great! I also survived an explosion! :open_mouth: And, to top it off, I think I had my longest LD yet! Gotta push myself for tonight, though, I don’t want to make things too easy for Thorn… :content:

June 12 -> June 14

((McSandwiches and Exploding Helicopters - Long Lucid Dream - Task 7 Part I (Lucid-E) - Longest Lucid Dream))

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 7
Non-Lucid Dreams: 26
False Lucid Dreams: 2
Short Lucid Dreams: 9
Medium Lucid Dreams: 4
Long Lucid Dreams: 2

Task 1: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid), and Part III (Lucid-E)
Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), and 5 Part IV’s
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part IV’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)
Task 4: Part I (Lucid), and Part II (Lucid)
Task 5: Part III (Lucid-E), and Part IV (Lucid-E)
Task 6: ~Empty~
Task 7: Part I (Lucid-E)

Personal Task One Accomplished : Find a Certain DC

Bonus Task: Completed Once (Fly In Rain)

Longest Lucid Dream Bonus
[/spoiler]

Today I had an ND where me and a few others were listening to the LOTR soundtrack by Howard Shore. We were upset cause Gandalf died in the dream earlier. Gandalf’s lament song came up, I began singing along cos I’m a hardcore lotr fan lol :razz:. And it was in Elvish, (I even studied a bit of Quenya irl).

After that dream I had another where I was in the perspective of Jackie chan and switched to a random woman. As Jackie Chan I stopped a little boy from stabbing his father, I saw a vision of him doing it beforehand. I rushed the father to safety. We escaped through some secret stairways leading to the walkout basement. After a bit of hopping fences and landing into snow. We managed to escape, the fbi were after us. After we were at a wide park, my perspective switches to a woman there. I threw a snowball at some woman randomly she gets mad and comes attack. Afterwards I wake up.

Wow, it’s a tight race for first place. This will be interesting to see who wins. Good luck all with getting in your final dreams. Tomorrow night, LC 37 shall close at 11:00 p.m. PST, June 16, 2013.

Awesome! I like that you sang a song in Elvish. :ok:

Well not exactly the ending I wanted, but at least it is a lucid ending. :wink: Really sucks, though, that I didn’t manage to complete Task 6. :sad: This is the first LC I’ve done with such success, though. :smile: How’d everyone else do?

Lucid Penguin

((Lucid Penguin - Short Lucid Dream))

Final Stats:

[spoiler]Fragments: 7
Non-Lucid Dreams: 26
False Lucid Dreams: 2
Short Lucid Dreams: 10
Medium Lucid Dreams: 4
Long Lucid Dreams: 2

Task 1: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid), and Part III (Lucid-E)
Task 2: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), and 5 Part IV’s
Task 3: Part I (Lucid-E), Part II (Lucid-E), Part III (Lucid-E), 2 Part IV’s (Lucid-E), and the Bonus (Lucid-E)
Task 4: Part I (Lucid), and Part II (Lucid)
Task 5: Part III (Lucid-E), and Part IV (Lucid-E)
Task 6: ~Empty~
Task 7: Part I (Lucid-E)

Personal Task One Accomplished : Find a Certain DC

Bonus Task: Completed Once (Fly In Rain)

Longest Lucid Dream Bonus
[/spoiler]

Hi everyone. LC 37 is officially over. I will allow approximately 48 hours for anyone to post any dreams that they haven’t posted yet. To be clear, these dreams must have taken place before this post. Any dreams after this post are no longer part of LC 37.

Sometime on Tuesday night I will post the final scores, along with the person who won the +25 pts creativity for the seventh task.

Today I had a med 3-4min LD. I managed to do my personal awesome task but it was cut short cos of some random DC kids.

[spoiler]Don’t remember how I got lucid, I just remember it was at home when it happened… I might’ve WILD’d in can’t remember now.

I remember being really shocked, and then performed my hand RC at my kitchen area, got 7 fingers. Remembering my personal task I quickly rushed outside. I flew up into the sky and it was already dark out. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize. I made a note to remember to summon Mew afterwards.

I raised my left hand up, supinated. Here, I expected a ball of light to form just above my palm, but that wasn’t the case. On my palm a circular glow appeared. Sort of like Iron man’s hand. But mine was like a bullseye. There was one large ring that glowed whiteish/aqua and the inside didn’t glow at all. As I focused on it it glowed brighter. I was amazed haha. I didn’t really know how to get it …out of my hand. So I did a thought command, with that I kinda swiftly lifted my hand. I pretty much threw it out of hand. It comes out like a ray of light but then… nearly 4in above my hand the light drops like an arc. Once it passes my hand, the light fades out.

I reattempted it a couple times. I got the circular glow on my palm again and quickly flung my arm upwards. A quick thin stream of light flows straight out of my palm and fades out like a wisp of smoke. I looked up at the pitch black sky and see 4 tiny sparkles of light. They were really tiny.

I decided to ascend higher up. I was just above the streetlights. I flapped my arms continuously till all I could see was black…darkness. It was scary. I decide to descend since I didn’t feel right, I couldn’t see myself and it was like I was in a black void whenever I try to WILD, that type of thing. I lower myself and was able to see the streetlights again.

I remembered how I wanted to summon Mew with my little “light people” I wanted to create :razz:. I floated about 2m above the street and did the same thing I did for the stars before. I focused intently on the glow on my palm - and then I feel a tug on my leg. I looked down to a little boy, the scene completely switches to my friend’s living room, the sky now a ceiling -__- I ignore the little boy and try to fly up higher but kept feeling weighted down. Everytime I try to focus on the light on my palm, the boy tugs my leg… eventually my lucidity fades. I hear an announcement of some evil guy threatening to destroy Earth. I, along with a couple others were called to help fight this guy, we were superheros. I see myself as Captain America flying upwards to a light and vanishing. lol[/spoiler]

[Edit] Sorry I posted late, I have a weird sleep schedule and had to go out for dinner for Father’s day. :razz:

:partying_face: Congratulations Scipio Xaos! You have won LC 37.

You now have the opportunity to host LC 38. If you decline, then StarryGwee, the runner up, gets the honor of hosting. If she declines, then the opportunity to host goes on to the person in third place, then fourth place, etc.

Also, if anyone is wondering who won Task 7’s +25 pts creativity points, that would be StarryGwee. Congrats!

I was happy to see that a lot of people completed personal tasks. It was fun hosting LC 37. Hopefully y’all enjoyed the tasks. :smile:

[b]First Place: Scipio Xaos

Second Place: StarryGwee

Third Place: Thorn[/b]

Final Scores: Winner - Scipio Xaos

Thorn: 1760
Lucidis: 0
James_uk2008: 380
Masonc1: 350
Omnisomnia: 0
MrLucidZombie: 0
argon: 420
Scipio Xaos: 1940
Rhewin: 340
Cyclonic: 50
MagykKatte: 20
Siiw: 590
StarryGwee: 1845
Jessica: 155
GigaByte: 0
squoak: 70
mr_Block: 0
demented: 145

If anyone believes their score is significantly wrong, PM me immediately.

Best of luck in your future LD endeavors,
HeadInTheClouds

Congratulations to Scipio :slide:

Thanks for a fun LC, even though I think I did terribly compared to normal XD

Congrats Scipio! Can’t wait to see the tasks you come up with :wink: lol. Thanks for being an awesome TM HeadInTheClouds ~ :content:

Yay! Thanks, HeadInTheClouds. I will love to host the next LC! :grin:

Thanks, Rhewin and StarryGwee. It was fun. :smile:

Congratulations Scipio! :cool_laugh: