Hello everyone, and weird dream

Hi all… I’m brand new here and excited to be on a forum about this subject. I have been reading about it for a while and putting some of the techniques in practice, trying to have consistent lucid dreams (so far… mixed results LOL)

I had a few lucid dreams each a few weeks apart last year when I first started reading about it, then nothing for a long while. Last night, I had a dream where I saw a giant being in the sky, which made me thing “this is a dream, that’s not possible”. I became lucid, and the colors brightened, the excitement came about, etc. as usual. Once I tried to move around, though, I seemed to have a FA where my “physical body” (really in another dream) was moving instead of my dream body, and I “woke up” in a dark room in a different dream. I was mad because my LD was ruined, since my “body” moved instead of my dream body… Yes, sometimes I wonder why my subconscious likes to make fun of me.

I look forward to reading more on this site, and meeting you all :smile:

Rob

Hi! I am new too! :peek: I have never had a False Awakening before, and I’ve never been in sleep paralysis while awake, which always makes it difficult for me to understand people who do have them. Anyways, just wanted to say hi! :smile:

hi everyone… i am very excited to find this website 2days ago and been reading it to learn to do the LD. first attempt was not successful (well I dont expect to be able to do LD on my first try), but the second time, which is yesterday was confusing to me. so i thought i shared it and maybe someone could help explain it to me.

yesterday night i was practicing the closed eye and move the eyeball to see somewhere between my eyebrow. then i fall asleep and dream (i think it wasn’t LD). in my dream, i was in my room on my bed waking up in the middle of night and trying the eye movement thing, and then within 3minutes, i feel the vibration in all over my body. then within my dream i dream that i am floating away and then fly in the sky. so this is a dream within a dream.

In the 2nd dream when i was floating and flying, i came to realise that i am having LD. then i woke up from my 2nd dream and feel happy. then all of sudden i woke up again (this time from my 1st dream, to the real life). and i feel awful. coz all i thought that i can do LD is just a dream.

is this thing i experience normal? has anyone ever had this same phenomena?

Hi hongcan!

First of all, I think that post should be in another forum, probably The Quest For Lucid Dreaming.

Secondly, If you were aware that you were dreaming, even if that dream was in another dream, then it is probably a lucid dream. I think :tongue: . I personally haven’t had a dream like that, but I think that your experience is simply a lucid dream followed by a False Awakening.

Did this help? :shy:

thanks for the explanation ThePhotograph :smile: i will check the other forum.