EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 116
Interview!
print ShareShare 

Can you become lucid straight to a layer 3 or 4?

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
MyKeyboardIsAngry
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 8

Can you become lucid straight to a layer 3 or 4?
PostPosted: Mon 22 Jul, 2013  Reply with quote

can you become lucid straight to a layer 3 or 4 or do you always start in layer 1 but you have to stabilise it? whatsthat

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 395

^ I've noticed that you mention these "layers" in many of your posts. However, whatever numbering system you're using, and even the concept of a layer itself, is subjective and we don't all use it. Can you describe what you mean without that terminology? We might be able to help you better that way.

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
Maximum
Dream Journalist
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 3

The numbers 1 through 4 are also called Normal Dream, Semi-Lucid, Fully Lucid, and then the "Highest Level" of lucidity, which is basically the clearest a LD can get. People say it's more clear than real life.

I've heard the numbered layer system from GizEdwards, and the labeled system from World of Lucid Dreaming.

You can go straight to a "Level 3" lucid dream. I'm not sure about a "Level 4," though. It depends how far into your REM cycle you are or how experienced you are with LDs, and practicing ADA can also help.

Current LD goal(s): Having a long, real, exciting LD.
MyKeyboardIsAngry
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 8

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul, 2013  Reply with quote

oh yeah sorry i might explain layers but maximum is basically right! i did get the system from Giz on youtube but basically . . .
0) dreaming about lucidity/questioning without becoming actually becoming lucid sadblauw
1) lucidity for a few seconds (thats me right now grin1 )
2) forgot what this one was . . . probably a longer version of L1
3) becoming lucid without fully understanding your surroundings (good for talking to subconscious)
4) full dream control and complete understanding

<mod>Two posts edited together... if you'd like to make an edit to your posts you can click the "edit" button in the top-right corner of the post ^^ Rhewin</mod>

*edit*
layer 2: becoming lucid but with dream logic still (if that makes sense). like thinking your DCs are real people and stuff. knowing its an LD . . . but not quite fully aware
layer 3: lucidity with a WL logic--knowing that you are dreaming and everything is just a dream but you dont have full control

Lucere2157
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 30+

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul, 2013  Reply with quote

I think "Layer 4" is like complete awareness, so I think in that state your not really anything but an awareness. I know it sounds confusing but I think Robert Waggoner talks about it in his book when he did it in a lucid dream.

Current LD goal(s): Find Spirit Animal
Lumessence
Transcendent
Astral Explorer
Lumessence has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2013  Reply with quote

From personal experience, this is very possible.. At least for myself, I always begin my LD's in "layer 4". Though I cannot say I have ever actually experienced any other layer. It is basically a simple two sided coin for me. I believe however, that according to those layers, I am nearly at all times at layer 2 every night. The layer system is just a label to identify just how Lucid you actually are. Other than that, these layers are not actually a function of LDing itself.

Current LD goal(s): Slow the Rain...
EllyEve
This is not an apple
Dream Deity
EllyEve has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 20+

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2013  Reply with quote

Yes. My very first lucid dream ever was already a Layer 4.

I made a topic about the different layers. It's not standardized, so I'd advise against coming into just any Lucid Dreaming community and hollering, "What's the most interesting Layer 2 minor dream you've ever had?" and expect people to know what the heck you're going on about.

But Reece Jones' is my personal favorite.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35141

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare