dry spell!!! AARGHH!!!!

so im sure most people have gone through dry spells in their LD journey. im going through an extra long one right now and it is very annoying!! my dream recall is starting to get so bad i can hardly remember any dreams at all, just associate a few emotions with scenes that last a millisecond at most. i am putting it down to only getting 6-7.5 hours of sleep each night but i should still be having my regular sleep cylces shouldnt i? and i think it was before then when i had more sleep (10 hours or so) that i was still struggling a little less with better DR, but it was still choppy. im trying to keep a DJ but it isnt working as effectively as it used to when i started. its been this way for almost a month now and i just want to remember more dreams at least. any suggestions other than letting time improve it again?

Now I am even worse than you…No LD since knowing the presence of LD…(Nearly a year)it’s so painful no to have such a good ,wonderful LD…I don’t know what to do too… I am quite disappointed

Welcome to the club. :razz: Dry spells really suck, don’t they? I know a few people, myself included, are going through them right now.

Generally, I’ve found that I enter a dry spell whenever I focus too much on lucid dreaming, but that may or may not be the case for you.

You say you’re also having trouble with DR as well? The only advice I could think to give you is to stop focusing on LDing and focus solely on DR. One thing I believe is that as your DR improves lucidity will come naturally.

As to how you can improve DR, I’d have to know what you’re currently doing to make a good suggestions, but I’d recommend anyway that you use autosuggestion as a means to improve your recall as well as making whatever other efforts you could think of to focus only on DR.

I’m going to do the same and focus on bringing my recall back up to two or three full dreams a night. At that point I might shift back to trying to induce LDs, though, I suspect that as my recall improves I’ll probably start having them again.

[color=olive]Heh nice.[/color]

[color=olive]This topic could help with that.[/color]

sounds better than what im doing right now. i might be focusing too much on LDs cos in the holidays it was basically my only goal for the entire three weeks and i obsessed over it. not so much now, but it might take some time to come out of it. i started up my DJ again and its improving a little, but not as good as it used to be. ill keep patient tho :wink: switching between DR and LDing sounds like a good idea.

I’m experiencing a dry spell too. Just after I thought I’m getting better. :meh: I believe that it’s all about the balance between trying and not trying. You can’t get lucid when you aren’t trying and the same applies when you are trying too hard. And my DR isn’t good lately. I need to take care of it too.

P.S. Sorry for not writing anything for some time.

Bye. :smile: