Lucidity Challenge 38: Awards Ceremony!

Last night i had a medium LD.

My recall’s gone down lately… school… :sadyes:

[community.ld4all.com/t/adventure-time/39205/13)

a very short lucid. I think that the dream had just started as well because I only remember sight being there. Don’t remember the feel of anything there, even the phone or being knocked down. Even right after waking. :meh:

Two more NDs with dialogue here, and the second one also had music. I’m definitely concerned about the sharp decline in the number of LDs I’ve been having, and I’m not entirely sure how to fix it quickly enough to rebound before the LC closes.

Last night I had a medium LD here. In it I touched two things and ate food.

Roast, Homeward

2 Seperate dreams
ND 1: Task - +Ate steak, recall taste (craving steak now.).
Other Task - +smell food, +smell something good, +touched warm steak, (+not sure if feeling the texture of the cutting of the steak counts as the texture touch, since it was more so through the knife than the steak itself.)
+Vivid

Dream 2:
LD, med, short, med, chain.
LD completion: +Tasted blood (something not-food?) +CHEEEEEESE (i consider cheating by disintigration, or teleportation, cheese)
LD Other: +Dialogue, +saw something grand (i consider seeing the doctors sonic screwdriver something grand. wouldn’t you agree?) +Vivid detail (that screwdriver… amonst other things, but… that screwdriver…) +Touched something (blood)

Also, I stole wyvern’s idea of highlighting task completion. Should alleviate some of the questions.

Transcendence

1 short ld
LD - personal task complete

LD - other tasks
+listen to the silence, +listen to a conversation
+touch something, +touch something unusual
+smell something, +smell something good
+see something grand, +see something inspiring. +see something vivid
(I also touched something impossible. A door made of solid light. It’s unfortunate that was not a task. Walked on a trail of solid light aswell.)

Next personal task: Turn Thorn’s hair minus-green. and as an added bonus: twin-tails. (no additional score points)

^ I am all for that :tongue: Am I to assume that minus-green is what we mere peons call “pink” due to our perception and lack thereof of the color spectrum, or is it actually related to green? If the former, I guess I’ll look like BrandonBoss’ avatar, heh. In either case, all cool guys have impossible hair colors, and DC-me will thusly become a cool guy, as he meets all of the other “cool guy” requirements. :happy:

Edit: She clarified that she did mean pink, as I suspected.

Anyway, here’s this morning’s dream. It’s fragmented, but it has dialogue, music, and a touch sensation (as I try to clutch a book printed on 600 separate sheets in a poly binder).

^

Had a ND and completed to tasks
SAw something grand - it was a waterfall with sea lions swimming in it.
Tasted something food - i was eating sugar and cake mix but it was dry, the taste was sweet and yummy

I ate raisins and a few days ago drank some cider. I have also been hearing a lot of conversations and visited a temple where I could hear silence and relax. I tried to talk there but my throat was sore and no voice came out (like the last time I was lucid). I also smelled oil a few days ago.

Edit: Colored blue the parts in my DJ that could be worth some points.

Two dreams here. The first one simply had dialogue. The second one started as a short LD with a normal touch sensation (light switches, which I grabbed repeatedly as they didn’t work — they felt like normal light switches), then became a false awakening with touching something textured (my dog).

ND with taste a few nights ago.

Fragments

+ate something (chocolate Egg)
+ate something good (chocolate egg)
+touched something (painting)
+touched something with texture (painting)
+saw something grand (dragon)
+saw something vivid (I believe i could come close to reproducing this painting.)

Also… So close, Thorn, so close…

I had a fragment that i had logged here and saw that i had 960 points. I have no idea what I actually have, so it may be interesting to see how accurate that was. Though that seems a bit more than my personal guess.

Okay, I think I’ve done some tasks. :smile:

Dialog on Wednesday (first dream) [link], Thursday (first dream) [link], and Friday [link].

Today:
First dream, dialog, and I guess you could say there was a touch sensation, when I got sprayed in the face with a sprinkler, though that’s it touching me instead of me touching it. It felt like being sprayed in the face with water. :lol: Kind of like being slapped, but without the pain.

Second dream, saw something in vivid detail (maybe). It was the hinge on a cabinet door. :neutral: The description is in the DJ entry.

Third dream, dialog, and heard music (coming from a book). The music was only an instrumental, and I know there was a guitar in there, and drums. It was a pretty slow-paced song. Also, touch, when I grabbed a pen that I had in my pocket.

[link]

Finally broke through my empty patch of LDs last night.
[community.ld4all.com/t/james-uk2008s-dream-journal-part-10/38957/90)

I think there may have been a hint of Task 3 in there as I could feel the heat of the sun on my back.

Length of LD time here was probably around 1-2min

From what I hear in #ld4all and from James’ post above, everybody who has been focusing on his/her dreams had a great night/morning! It’s amazing! I was even a DC in James’ and Wyvern’s dreams, which is always an honor to me. Other people talking to me online are in a great mood too, so I’m constantly RCing to make sure today is real. :tongue:

I had an eventful morning as well. The first and second NDs each have dialogue. The third dream has singing during the ND portion, then becomes a medium LD and has dialogue, what I would call touching something unusual (a shrink ray that morphed into a seltzer-spritzing power drill), touching something not unusual (Scipio’s head), and tasting something normally consumable (seltzer).

Here is last night’s entry

Bleh. My recall is bad. I have to depend on random lucid dreams to remember anything.

LDbc12: Yea you can still get early points, but I’m only counting that dream once. Yea you can still get early points, but I’m only counting that dream once. ( :wink: )

demented: Welcome! :razz: Kinda late, but hey, we weren’t at max capacity yet. :razz:

Thorn: Horrible taste in music? :razz: Have you seen the bonus task? :tongue: (Of course you have.)

(In regard to TM inclusion:) Feel bad, Thorn. Feel bad. :razz: :content:

Lumessence: Yay! You’re back! :grin: Sure. I’ll score them like you suggested, and I’ll also try to keep an eye out for things you might miss or not understand (like extra details). :smile:

Erhmm… CHEESE CAKE! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Gratz on your personal goal. New goal noted. :lol:

BrandonBoss: Judge you by your LDs? But that’s what I’m supposed to be doing. :razz: Well, anyways, you had a heck of a run with task points in one of those. You did most of the tasks.

Letaali: I’m gonna need more information on your dreams here if you plan to get any early, lucid, or combo points. Also, you need to link your DJ entries in the thread if you want me to read them. :wink:

james_uk2008: I need a lucid dream length for your LD here.

OlegEqualzName: I’m gonna need more information on what you think you accomplished in your dreams here. I could guess, if you’d like, like Lumessence has allowed me to do on some of her dreams, but you’ll probably get more points if you stake a claim as well. :wink:

Task 6 - Emotion
And the plot thickens…

Or, at least I hope it will. :razz: This week you move beyond the senses (but you can still earn points for previous tasks!) and into the realm of how you feel. As a follow up to details you can perceive, visual; auditory; touch; scent; and taste, we know go to the details that can only be felt within your mind. So go on and “feel” something!

[b]1. Feel any emotion + 50

1. Feel said emotion with intensity + 60
  2. Feel multiple emotions simultaneously + 70
  3. Feel the emotion still after awakening + 80
    [/b]
    For that last one, lucid points will be awarded if the emotion was felt while lucid during a dream. Also, by “after awakening” I mean that as you awoke you still felt the emotion. Good luck!

Bonus Task
Congrats go to demented and Lumessence for completing the past week’s bonus. This weeks bonus is…

* Do something involving Vocaloid!

Yup. You knew it was coming! :tongue: I don’t care what you do, it just has to involve Miku… or Kaito… or Luka… or Teto… or… or… or… :razz:

Scoreboard
Welp… Who to give the creativity points to… hmm… I’ll have to go with… LUMESSENCE! :happy: Why? Cheesecake is the ultimate cheese. :happy:

LC 38 Scoreboard

1. Thorn ( 4530 )

2. Wyvern ( 3765 )

3. Rhewin ( 2965 )

4. Lumessence ( 2420 )

5. LDbc12 ( 1810 )

6. BrandonBoss ( 1185 )

7. HeadInTheClouds ( 945 )

8. Yev ( 325 )

9. Letaali ( 190 )

10. OlegEqualzName ( 185 )

11. Mew151 ( 165 )

12. muccy ( 155 )

13. Jessica ( 105 )

14. James_UK2008 ( 90 )

15. Ecila6 ( 20 )

16. demented ( 10 )

17. argon ( 0 )

18. catt ( 0 )

19. squoak ( 0 )

20. Scipio Xaos ( 630 )

Now I’m wishing Bright lights, Teal hair had waited for this task… Though I am guessing our little Miku adventure may have contributed to this task.

Hey Scipio. The length of that LD was around 1-2 minutes.