ASMR

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

ASMR
PostPosted: Sun 13 Oct, 2013  Reply with quote

Hello its been a long time sence Ive been here. Hope your all doing good.

Has anyone ever heard of the ASMR phenomenon. Its like when you get deeply relaxed from like watching... Bob Ross is a good example, I get it when I watch someone move slow, or whisper. There are alot of videos on youtube. Im hooked on them. there are alot of diffrent triggers for it. If you havnt heard of it I would research it its really interesting. Its alot like yoga, or meditation. I use it to help me sleep, and relax it helps with my anxiety. So just wondering if youve ever heard of this, and what are some of your expirances with this phenomenon? Apparently there is confusion amoung the science, and medical community if it is a real thing. I mean its obviolusly been around forever, but they just recently put a name on the phenomenon.

Thanks, and good to see you again. I need to get back into LD practice.

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

PostPosted: Sun 13 Oct, 2013  Reply with quote

I had no idea what it was, looked it up on Wikipedia, just skimmed to try not to bias myself (that can really change things) and went on YouTube.

I've tried a few, and my responses vary from being on alert, to irritation, to almost sickness. I hate that sort of noises and whispers recorded so loud you hear every squish of someone's mouth, and feeling that in high-definition stereo burrowing into my head just makes me crazy.

I've got to listen to something else now because my stomach is churning.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct, 2013  Reply with quote

Yea aparently certain people have ASMR, and others it dont work on. There are allso visual triggers like watching someone stretch, do yoga, or watching someone getting a massage.

Drumm
Musician
Somniologist
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Fri 01 Nov, 2013  Reply with quote

From what I understand, there are lots of different triggers, and they vary widely person to person.

I also hate the loud, up-close whispering sounds, but each person is unique in how a sound will affect them.

I haven't found ASMR to be particularly enjoyable, but it's likely that I just haven't found the right sound yet! tounge2

Luminous
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Luminous has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Fri 08 Nov, 2013  Reply with quote

I also have ASMR! And I enjoy watching ASMR videos as well. smile They are so relaxing. Though ASMR is not just about feeling relaxed, but you feel pleasant tingles going down your scalp and your back, and sometimes the whole body.

DreamProprietor
Beautiful Dreamer
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Mon 11 Nov, 2013  Reply with quote

kiekeboe I have asmr!! I discovered it was called that probably about a year ago and boy was I relieved and pleased to know that I'm not the only one who has it. I've been that way my whole life so it was astounding to know it was an actual thing. I love watching people scrape food out of yogurt and pudding containers. It makes me feel amazing and helps me get ready to fall asleep. I also love watching people open things. :3

Current LD goal(s): Learn to lucid dream and all the possibilities it' holds.
ThePencilSharpener
Finn the human
Novice dreamer
LD count: 0 sadly

PostPosted: Sun 17 Nov, 2013  Reply with quote

i really don't want to know if i have it or not but i thing i do. i usually only get those tingles when i listen to certain music and most of those sounds creep me out (especially the whispering that makes me feel extremely unsettled).

Current LD goal(s): meet a special DC
Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare