Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

Koharo, I can’t accept dreams from January, but I’ll just pretend you meant to say November. :smile:

Scores are updated.

another FLD :silent:

2 lucid dreams in one night! 1 was long LD ( for me 1 - 2 mins, new longest ld) which I discovered the powers of deild, basically in the dream i would realise i am dreaming, have an fa try deild in the dream ( i am branding this as faild), what i would do is i would close my eyes and clench really hard 5 times then i would be in a lucid dream ( despite its low levelness) this happened a few times and i remembered some awesome colours and shapes. The other lucid dream was short ld in which me and some friends from school went deep sea diving and other things that i could not write down because i had an exam this morning, i was lucid for a short amount of time.

Nuuuu!!

Minecraft Demons ~ [color=cyan]Short Lucid Dream[/color]
Lucid Fragment ~ [color=cyan]Short Lucid Dream[/color]

Dreams so Far:

[spoiler][color=blue]NLDs:[/color] 3
[color=violet]LMs:[/color] 1
[color=indigo]FLDs:[/color] 2
[color=cyan]Chains:[/color] 4
[color=cyan]Short LDs:[/color] 5
[color=cyan]Medium LDs:[/color] 1
[color=cyan]Long LDs:[/color] 1

Task 1: Part 3, Part 4, [color=green]EARLY[/color] ; Part 1 [color=cyan]LUCID[/color] ; Group Incubation Attempt [color=cyan]LUCID[/color]
Task 2: - none -
Task 3: Part 1, [color=green]EARLY[/color]
Dream Chemistry: Part 1 ; Part 2
Personal Goals: Guitar Name
[/spoiler]

Hmmm…normal length LD

I am with RDC in the back of the car talking (about what is irrelevant :razz:). After talking and not telling RDC what I had really wanted to, I somehow left the car. I tried to get back in, but the car was 2D and I was 3D. :meh:destroyed a few cars and woke up.

Task 5: Magic and Technology

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

— Arthur C. Clarke

Let’s take advantage of this “fact”. Magic is a great tool for dream control, as is technology. Perhaps one works better for you than the other does, or perhaps they work equally well. Perhaps they complement each other, such that using both magic and technology to reach your goals shows an effect greater than only using one. Perhaps you have no clue because you’ve just been using willpower-based dream control so far! In this task, you’ll be able to choose whether you prefer magic wands and alchemy or ray guns and teleporters.

You may not claim that an attempt at Task 5 also finishes Task 1 or vice versa: if there is overlap with an object, you must declare it for one task or the other (e.g., if you’ve already used a magic wand as an object to keep in Task 1, you’ll need a different source of magic now). You may, however, overlap this with other tasks (such as attending a magic school and learning, or putting your partner in a hi-tech gas chamber that transforms him into his goal creature).

The following points can be earned only once:* Use magic to grant yourself any ability or create a magical substitute for it: 20 points

• Use magic to transform an object, creature/person, or yourself: 20 points
  • Use magic to teleport or to create a portal to another place: 20 points
  • Use technology to grant yourself any ability or create a computerized/mechanical substitute for it: 20 points
  • Use technology to transform an object, creature/person, or yourself: 20 points
  • Use technology to teleport or to create a portal to another place: 20 points
    By “substitute”, I refer to some way around actually having the ability; for example, if you chose “flying” as an ability, I would accept a Harry Potter broomstick as a magical substitute for the ability or a jet pack as a technological substitute. Please be honest when reporting dreams and do not simply count NDs in which you use fairly common technology; I’m not giving you points for turning on the television or riding in an airplane.

There’s no repeatable element to this week’s task due to a potentially strong overlap with Task 1. As said in Task 3, don’t forget that you have a Bonus Task as well as repeatable parts of previous tasks if you finish all of Task 5! Also, don’t forget to set up the group incubation within 48 hours!

Oh yay, I am very glad to hear that then! :cool_laugh:

And this is an exciting task, I am def gonna Merlin this up - as I very much want to stick to the idea of using AURYN for Task 1.

Off topic, but I like the cut off title of this one: “Magic and Techno”

IkranMakto, I’ve marked it.

muccy, congrats on a new longest LD!

Scipio, it’s been a while since I’ve seen any tasks from you. How are you going to catch up without tasks?

BrandonBoss, if you didn’t say that the talk topic wasn’t relevant, I wouldn’t be so curious. :tongue:

Scores are updated.

I can PM it if you would like to hear it. It has to do with my history and I don’t want to post about RDC (RDC is a waking life person) on the open forum, but PM is fine.

[color=olive]11/4/13 Updated (Don’t know if it was counted for or not since it wasn’t updated til earlier today)

11/5/13 For today
1 FLD
-Mysterious epic
-Twisted wish sad ending
-Ari’s Party

1 Long LD
-Coming to my senses trying to remember my list of objectives from RL. Successful elemental testing (ice, fire, and lightning). Remembering to meet up with LD4all members. Confirming the identity of the small robot, it wasn’t Scipio.
-Crossing paths with and facing Darth Vader
-Koharo vs Armed Reptids (4 armored and armed)

Regained lucidity once.
[/color]

1 more FLD (could have been 2 but I’m not sure about the second one lol)

BrandonBoss, I was just teasing; you don’t have to tell me.

Koharo and IkranMakto, I’ve graded things.

Scores are updated. Remember that the group incubation will be decided tomorrow, so you should pitch ideas now instead of waiting.

one short LD

Yay LDbc12!

Scores are updated.

Finally, I had a LD last night. Being sick really threw a wrench in my lucid dreaming capabilities, but now that I’m better, hopefully I can start to get some more LDs. The dream itself was on the border of a short and medium LD, but I think I’ll go ahead and say it was a medium LD. I was in the bathroom, and I turned on the lights, but they barely flickered and then went out. I used this opportunity to try out my newly acquired electricity bending powers that I gained from the potion, and to my surprise, was able to actually force the lights to start glowing again. I kind of waved my hand at them, but for the most part, I just used my mind to relight the light bulbs. I also tried to accomplish the current task by “magically” traveling through a mirror, but once I got inside the mirror, I ended up waking up, although technically it was a FA. Maybe that counts as traveling to another location? :uh:

I feel like I accomplished another task in the dream, but unfortunately, I can’t remember, so that’s a bummer.

I had 3 lucid dreams over the past week. Two were short and one was medium in length.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/19]

HeadInTheClouds, you’ll understand if I can’t count having a false awakening as teleporting. :tongue: I’d also like to give creativity points for the attempt at the task, but I know that you promoted mirrors in LC 37 and in Qu’s PDC article, so I can’t say that’s anything new and amazing from you; I’ll give 1 pity creativity point. That said, cool stuff with lighting those bulbs! I’ll PM you with how to continue.

ian1, congrats on the LDing! I’m currently subjected to the TM curse, which dictates that my recall and LDing rate must drop until the LC is over, so I’m jealous that you had three. :tongue:

Scores are updated.

For today, a short LD fragment and an FLD…
Apparently we’re at war with the reptile beings, Reptids, who attacked me last night and I discovered I had the ability to heal others…

[community.ld4all.com/t/adventure-time/39205/29)

Oh, oh. I can’t even take it in. Oh, oh, I can’t even take it in… I left my heart in metropolis.

I did clothes make the man and magic and techno as well as a brief moment of lucidity. Unless magic and techno wasn’t quite what you were wanting.