Am I doing right with autosuggestion?

Hello everyone :smile: ,

I have been practicing RC and DJ for now a long time. But sadly, because I couldn’t use an alarm clock to wake up in the middle of the night, I couldn’t go further to do techniques like MILD, WILD, WBTB… Until I discovered autosuggestion because of Scipio, and I thank him a lot :smile: . However, I wonder if I do correctly. So I describe you how I do autosuggestion and tell me how I could improve.

I wake up each day, write on my DJ and pass my day doing RCs each hour or so. Then I go back to bed and I begin my autosuggestion. I first do a relaxation technique, then I repeat over and over in my head:
“I will wake up in 6 hours from now.”
My goal is to wake in 6 hours after falling asleep and do WBTB.

So I wonder if I could do better because I’ve tried this technique these past 2 days and it didn’t yet worked…

Well…

There are lots of simple ways to ensure that you’ll wake up in the middle of the night—the easiest being drinking a large glass of water right before bed.

Another way is to place your alarm clock across the room so that you have to get out of bed to shut it off. If you can’t do that in your house because of noise, you can find simple timers that use vibration instead of beep alarms. Simply put the vibrating alarm right under your pillow. (Most people won’t sleep through that.)

A third easy way to increase vigilance, though, is to sleep somewhere you’re unused to. Sleep on the floor with a mat instead of on your bed. Or sleep on the couch. Or sleep propped up on pillows, which has the effect of innately increasing watchfulness.