i'm lucid, but in the third person?

hello ld4all! i haven’t been on for a while . . . :hug:
so anyway i just got back into lucid dreaming and i had one two nights ago, but when i became lucid it was kinda weird. i realised i was dreaming, did a reality check, stabilised my dream by spinning and touching things and it worked! but then it sort of went into a third person sort of mode–i was still aware it was a dream, and i could process the dream in my mind (sort of), but i didn’t feel in control of my actions at all, and i felt distant, not really in my dream body. does this just mean i need to work on stability more, even though it worked for an instant? i am pretty sure my LDs are lasting for longer, but only slightly (but i am getting better so :thumbs: )

I think it means that there are all types of dreams.

I’ve had lucid “dreams” without any imagery at all—where I’m aware but I’m floating in blackness and can’t feel my body in bed. (And, sometimes, this goes on for several minutes.)

And I’ve also had quasi-lucid moments of third-person dreams, where I’m watching imagery unfold. At times, I feel another person present, narrating to me, pointing things out.

From others I’ve heard that multiple simultaneous lucid dreaming is possible. That you can have two dreams at once, with a semi-first-person presence in each.

In my last significant lucid dream, I shifted quickly from a first-person perspective to an apparently bodiless third-person. In that case, I did lose some lucidity, but I was interested in what was happening and what I was seeing. I still have no idea why it happened. I don’t think I “didn’t anything wrong.” Possibly, a deeper part of my mind wanted me to attend to that imagery, even at the cost of displacing my lucidity.

I have this every single night in my dreams, which I really need to start posting again :razz:

Every night, I switch back and forth between the 1st and 3rd point of views. I can feel my actions, but in a invisible “ghost spectator” body.

What’d I suggest is to close your eyes, and imagine that when you open them, you’ll be looking out of your real dream body’s eyes.

I’ve never had a chance to do this, of course, considering I’ve only had one LD, in which I lost lucidity real fast :razz: