The FILD tech (was HILD) part III

You can’t scream when you are in SP, so you were actually dreaming :content:

Well Paranoid-Android, it was a good thing to got back to sleep as fast as possible, you could have just chained (aka DEILD)|
Look into our Knowledge base to know more, it’s the perfect tech for quick wakeups :content:

I had a go at this technique the other night. It wasn’t a success. :sad:

Went to bed at 12 am and set my alarm for 4am. Woke up and tried drumming my fingers after feeling really tired and relaxed. I tried three times before giving up. Twice the technique almost worked. I could feel myself drifting towards sleep, then I would realize what was happening and “jolt” wide awake again (probably too excited that it was working).
After this I couldn’t fall back asleep. I was gutted the next day from lack of sleep.

I will try again tonight, setting my alarm after 3 hours of sleep rather than 4.

Wish me luck! :grin:

Well, simply feeling when you are drifting to sleep is a great step, believe it :tongue: Just keep trying and you’ll get used to the feeling and learn how to kinda “dive” into it instead of getting sucked out.

You might want to sleep 5-6 hours before you wake up, it’s usually recommended. 4 or 3 might work too, it varies from person to person. good luck

Ok, the last night was mine first with this technique, I was using autosuggestion to woke myself after every dream, but that more looked like I was waking up after every REM cycle… I didn’t look at watch after waking up, maybe that’s the mistake, but I will check every time this night…

So about technique, no results… :happy:, but the problem was in me :happy:… I would fall asleep to fast, maybe I was too tired for that… But I will try again and again and again till I succeed.

Peace!

Just a quick question.

When you perform the finger actions with your eyes closed and you transition into a dream. Do you appear in the dream with your eyes shut in a dream bed? May sound like a weird question but it’s like normally when i close my eyes in a dream i wake up.

I tried this last night after I woke up around 3am. when I did I reality check (pinching my nose shut and breathing), I realized I was dreaming and my eyes were still closed. I was still in the bed. I think this is how it is for most people. I tried to open my eyes very gently so as to not open them in real life. I was successful.

but here’s where it gets weird. before I woke up I was having a kind of scary dream. I was in a dark room and a female ghost, crookedly hunched over and black tangled hair covering her face (like The Ring, go figure), was walking toward me. In the dream I was just tryingto stay still and ignore her.

after I woke up and did the FILD I transitioned into a dream just like I said, did a reality check and realized I was dreaming. I was still in my bed and could feel my husband beside me. as I slowly tried to open my eyes I saw my room and my husband flash like an image but they quickly dissipated into thin air. I was transported back into the room with the ghost. this time though, she was right over me, her arms around my shoulders and her face in mine. She was breathing very heavily and a noise filled my ears with a dull roar. I said “go away!” and must have said it in real life because my husband woke me up to ask if I was okay.

I’m assuming this was some sort of HI but it sure was scary!

Tried this technique for the past two nights while only waking up about 3 hours after going to sleep and only once each night.

The first night, I woke up and was really confused at first thinking "Why would I set my alarm so early :eh: " then I remembered what I was supposed to do, or at least some of it. I started to move my fingers just a little bit and was thinking to wait just a bit then I’ll RC…but then I fell asleep, hehe.

Second night, I woke up thinking of what to do already and I sat up in bed to try and wake myself up just a little bit more than the night before. Tried the method again and fell asleep again before I could try anything.

I’m going to keep trying this technique, probably go to sleep a little earlier so I can wake up twice in one night. I’ll get up and walk around for just a bit to wake up ever so much so I can at least focus. I fall asleep pretty quickly when I’m tired, so I don’t think I’ll wake up too much. We’ll see what happens!

I’ve been trying to do this for a few days now but i can’t, Whenever i get up and move my fingers my mind wonders off such as a song or something random. I also find that i fall asleep quite fast. Any tips?

I have that problem when attempting general WILD. In FILD, maybe try to put all of your focus into your fingers. You won’t have to hold your focus for long, because you should jump into the dream very quickly.

question, do u have to actually move ur fingers? or imagine you are moving them?
how about the reality check? if u feel u are awake, do u have to do it with ur body? and if u are awake wouldnt it affect your relaxation state?

Actually move your fingers :smile:
Reality checks in FILD can sometimes be frustrating… I personally do physical RCs because 4/5 times I don’t know when I’ve “passed over”. Sometimes it’s really hard to stay relaxed and do them… I guess some nights if it is a real struggle, and is keeping me awake, I can just keep whichever hand is not doing the movement up by my face to do a breathing RC and not have to move as much. If that makes sense…
Hope it helped answer some of your questions :smile:

ya thank you very much!

Does it have to be the plugging your nose technique?

Worked! First attempt too early I guess…tried again after maybe 5 hrs of sleep, felt the vibrations ( which I have experienced once before) and had a false awakening. Dreamt my bf jumped on me in bed to tell me something he read about lucid dreaming and I told him to get off me bc I was trying to LD. Lol!! Second attempt worked and got vibrations again. Did my hand test but it was too dark in the (dream) room, did nose RC and it worked! Got out of bed and dream was very fuzzy. Stupidly closed eyes to try to get more clarity but lost dream. Next hour was poor sleep, I kept mentally waiting to do RCs even though I didn’t do the finger thing. Will try again tonight.

Learned to do a RC no matter what…

Update! This worked very briefly a second time. Then I had a long stretch where I kept not waking up when I should have, about six hours after falling to sleep. Last night I set my alarm to vibrate and did this technique. Worked right away, I even thought I was sitting up in bed when I did the reality check with my nose. Was a low level lucid dream but at least it lasted a few minutes. What helped me was writing down my lucid goal in my dream journal for going to bed. What is very interesting is all three lucid dreams I got from this technique took place in my room, and it looked very realistic.

Hi, I think this tech finally worked for me! I did a WBTB for a bit more than 1 hour in the morning after being woke up early by workers on the roof so I was really tired cause I went to bed very late.

So I went back to bed, I started moving my fingers lightly, but for some reasons it’s not comfortable for me to alternate between the 2 fingers so I was only moving my index. After a while I noticed it was hard to move it so I was almost not moving it, just feeling the pressure on the pillow. But first attempt fails cause when I do RC I’m still awake. So I go again, I do the exact same thing, I almost don’t move my index but then I think I just fall asleep. But here is the weird (and nice:D) part :

I wake up with the sensation of my eyes being half open. One part of my vision is very clear and realistic but another part is quite dark and blurry. But I remember that I need to do a RC because before falling back to sleep I was testing FILD and that, even tho I really woke up, it’s good to get used to doing a RC upon awakening. Also I can hear my boyfriend talking whereas he was supposed to be sleeping as well. So it really motivates me to do a RC. I pinch my noise and it works. I do it twice to make sure and cause the sensation is so strange and new (breathing with noise closed) that I want to impregnate this feeling for the next times. And so the 2nd one works as well. I’m dreaming!

So even tho I think I fell asleep during FILD, apparently it made me stay conscious enough until I reached the dream.
Maybe thinking that I was sleeping just before is part of the dream cause, as it starts with waking up, hence you gonna assume that you were sleeping just before.

What I notice overall is that every time I try a WILD technique (not necessarily combined with WBTB), it fails but sometimes after failing the “technique part” I remain conscious enough so that I remember what I was doing before and thus it makes me do a RC. If I just fell asleep normally, it would have been the same result as if I hadn’t done any technique : getting into a normal dream/sleeping for hours. Also as people said, just doing WBTB isn’t enough, it’s not a technique on its own, so I don’t think that’s the WBTB that kept me conscious the whole time. So I’d say, for me at least, WILD technique are working in some ways even when we think that it didn’t work. So I wouldn’t give up on them so fast! Hope that makes sense.

Here is the trick from founder of this trick may it work for you
Lay on your back, rest your elbows on the bed along side your body, and point your forearms towards the ceiling. Then, bring your hands together, so that your forearms form an upside down V above your body (and the arms are supporting each other’s weight). Balance your arms in the air ( it should take almost no effort to keep them up in the air while resting on each other ).
Once in that position, go to sleep. Keep in mind that you should be tired already before you try this.
Now here’s how it works… If you are able to fall asleep in this position, your arms will fall the instant you start to lose consciousness. The movement and impact of your arms on your body will cause you to wake up again (only slightly).

1 Like

Hi,sorry for the late reply but i really support this method,i read thos method 3 months ago and decided to join after.I absolutely love the idea of the hand moving since it does not take much kovement,i recently am successful using MILD but will soon try HILD/FILD

I will give this a try,thanks @Sam

1 Like