My dreams try to prevent me from being lucid! HELP!!!

Alright, so bascially yesterday during a nap I realized I was dreaming- before I became lucid everything was vivid and what not, but as soon as I realized I was dreaming, my vision became very dazed, and my senses were dulled. It was as If i was moving in slow motion- and I could do nothing about it! I tried taking a “lucidity pill” and rubbing my hands together, but nothing. Eventually I just drift right back into the dream… This has been happening every time I become lucid for the past 9 months. It’s really frustrating for me, because I used to love lucid dreaming- flying and exploring was my favorite :smile: but now whenever I come to the amazing realization that I’m in a dream, it’s as if my dream prevents me from going any further, and actually pulls back my lucidity. Sometimes when I become lucid, my worst nightmares will instantaneously appear, or the dream world would fall apart/crumble waking me up… I really need help- I wish to get back to enjoying lucid dreams again, but I honestly don’t know what to do! Any response is appreciated. Thanks!

Perhaps at this point, you are just half expecting this to happen! Maybe you get too excited when lucidity happens. Try using mantras and auto suggestion methods (like for MILD) and say things like “My dream will NOT fade out when i become lucid”. Things like that. You really have to feel each word and really expect it to work! If it doesnt work, no big deal! Don’t get hung up on it and keep trying. If you have been hung up on something for too long, sometimes a slightly detached approach works wonders. And when you do become lucid again, just remain as calm as possible. Rub your hands together, that always works for me to stabilize the dream! The key is not to expect things to go wrong! I hope a helped a little bit, good luck!! :happy:

Thanks SLS93 I think your suggestions will help!