coming off WBTB?

so last night is when i actually really did WBTB properly–i wasn’t too awake or too sleepy for it and i had my first controlled LD (finally flying. ooooh yeah :woo: ). anyway i’m thinking: if i continue WBTB until i master it, and keep doing reality checks would i eventually be able to come off WBTB and just be able to LD in regular dreams without techniques (they don’t always work for me–FILD and stuff, but when they do work, i hardly have time during sleep to wake up during my REM cycle and whatnot)? supposing that my awareness during the day isn’t as strong as it used to be

while I don’t have an answer for you, I want to chime in that I can only become lucid through WBTB. I think the only times I didn’t, the dreams still took place early in the morning like 4 or 5.

Theoretically, yes. However, I have found that my best chances for an LD are still after I wake up. Mind you, I don’t wake up for long. Usually just 3-5 minutes does the trick for me. It gives you a chance to go back to sleep very quickly with an intention in mind.

Also, congrats on the awesome LD :content: