LC 40 - Congratulations Wyvern!

Double post to say that I had a short LD this morning, posted here, in which I did a task for the wrong HeadInTheClouds-hosted LC. I deserve a pity point for doing one of your tasks!

Had a medium length LD here which was around 4-5 minutes long. A witch partially turned me into a frog and I ran into Thorn where I remembered to try and turn him into his avatar as per the previous task. I briefly remembered Task 5 towards the end but didn’t have enough time to do anything.

I had a medium LD here in which I smashed a building flat with my sheer mass and size (Task 2 man-made disaster), creating a dream-wide earthquake in the process (Task 2 earthquake). I had wanted to find a teammate for the group incubation, but found a different DC instead. I also became lucid in a car, which starts the extended task.

While I did come within a very short distance of a DC wearing a hat — a hat that fits the description you gave for the extended task, no less! — I suspect that I performed the hat’s second task part without actually wearing it in this very dream, so you’d tell me to go do it a second time if I chose that hat as the object instead of the car and that would be less fun. If that theory is wrong — either by not having to repeat my actions or by being wrong about Part 2’s contents — I’ll claim the hat, but if not, I’ll claim the car. If your response is “You don’t get to guess at it like that,” then feel free to just mark me down for the car.

Had an ND here which contained a hint of Task 2. (a minor Earthquake)

Okay, this dream journal entry is a doozy. The first dream is a lucid dream that loses and regains lucidity twice, bringing it up to a “long” length for the LC; despite my best efforts, it does not earn any task points. The second dream is an ND that seems very much in line with Task 3, but since the definition of things in Task 3 has been proven to be hazy, I need to be a bit more detailed. I was placed into a situation very reminiscent of my mental schema of Saw, although the antagonist was not the antagonist from Saw. If not having the exact antagonist is okay, then I earned every single sub-task point for Task 3, as I dealt with the antagonist, I survived the encounter, I saved another DC via surviving, and I “defeated” the antagonist (albeit in a silly way). I am aware that this permanently deprives me of combo and lucid points for Task 3, as none of its parts are marked as repeatable, but I accept this as I had no interest in doing Task 3 while lucid.

I had an ND where I was moving around some kind of resort. I thought I saw someone on a roof so I took a picture to use the zoom feature. Upon looking at the picture I couldn’t find anything, but every time I looked back he was there XD.

I had 4 short lucid dreams the other night.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/53]

[center]Task 6 - Water Activities
[/center]
Hi everyone and welcome to task 6. I know this task is late, so please look at the bottom of the post for further clarification. This week you will be doing things from real life that have to do with water.
[b]

1. Fish - 20 pts
  2. Water Ski - 20 pts
  3. Surf - 20 pts
  4. Snorkel/Scuba Dive - 20 pts
  5. Swim - 10 pts[/b]

Although these things are water activities, I will accept tasks completed in other types of matter. For instance, surfing on lava is perfectly acceptable. You could even swim in the clouds; however, when it comes to things like that, I am letting you be the judge as that could also just as easily be considered flying by some. Please only claim points if you actually believe you did the task.

I’m sorry for the late posting of task 6. I got real sick over the weekend; therefore, task 6 was posted late. I’m also behind on the scoring, so scores will not be posted this week. Task 5’s early points are extended until 3:00 p.m. PST tomorrow. Task 7 will be posted next Tuesday, around 2:00 p.m. PST, instead of Sunday.

Woo! A high scorer here! :happy:

My Hand is a Camera! ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Task 5 Parts I and II & the LD4All Quest ~ EARLY, LUCID

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Short Lucid Dreams: 2
Medium Lucid Dreams: 3
Chains: 2

Task 1: Part 1 LUCID
Task 2: ~ none ~
Task 3: ~ none ~
Task 4: ~ none ~
Task 5: Parts I and II

Quest: Was in a school.
[/spoiler]

Had a small LD here which was around 2-3 minutes long. I tried to swap bodies with a Yautja to try and get my desired form but couldn’t get things to work out.

Psst, Scipio, remember to post this in the Quest topic as well.

I had a long LD this morning, and I found one of the objects in the extended task. I also had two other short LD’s that had no task points.

[spoiler]I was laying in bed for a while, started to feel a little odd, and did an RC [LD]to find that I was dreaming. After stabilizing the dream, I got out of bed. I didn’t want to be stuck in my apartment again so I told myself I’d be outside when I walked around the corner.

I found myself in a front yard at night time. The yard had a large tree, similar to the one in front of my childhood home, and a streetlamp across the street from the yard. I didn’t want to stick around here since there was nothing past the streetlamp, so I summoned the TARDIS.

It appeared directly in front of me. Inside the control room was much larger than normal, with a main console being ten feet long per side. There also seemed to be people walking around, one of which resembled my store manager.

I flipped a few switches and tried to program the TARDIS to go to a local amusement park that sounded fun, but it ended up taking me to a city that looked very similar to London. It was evening, but with all the lights it was very pretty and very easy to see. Most of the DC’s were smiling and seemed to recognize me, a few even waved. One ran up to me and started shooting a gun at me, but I just snapped my fingers and sent him to the Dream Police’s HQ.

I managed to summon Wyvern, and was about to kiss him in greeting when he decided to invite Thorn to join us without asking. I was a little annoyed as I wanted some private time. Instead, I messed around with Thorn’s DC by trying out mind control. My dream powers were working well in that dream so I was able to make him say and do some pretty amusing things. The dream ended with me talking to a group of DC’s.[/LD][/spoiler]

For our group incubation, our team has decided to get eaten and use the stomach as a pool for our lovely water activities.
/me whistles :tongue:

To specify, to be eaten by another member of the group.

Well if I hadn’t completed the Quest before it’s definitely done now. :razz: That being said all I have to report is a long mulit-chained LD. (And I’ll post in the Quest thread now, Rhewin. Keep forgetting to. :razz: )

Lucid School Exploration ~ Long Lucid Dream ~ Chain

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Short Lucid Dreams: 2
Medium Lucid Dreams: 3
Long Lucid Dreams: 1
Chains: 3

Task 1: Part 1 LUCID
Task 2: ~ none ~
Task 3: ~ none ~
Task 4: ~ none ~
Task 5: Parts I and II

Quest: Was in a school.
[/spoiler]

Had a short lucid dream, nothing really happened though.

Wondered if I was dreaming this morning. [link]

I haven’t really been able to focus on LDing lately, because I’ve been distracted by other things. Maybe soon I’ll be able to concentrate on it again, but unfortunately the LC is almost over. :meh:

Hello everyone. Scores are updated. It took a long time, as I was really far behind, but they are at the end of this post. Sorry for the delay.

@Thorn
I threw in a pity point for you completing my task from LC 37 :wink: . Actually, I gave you a few creativity points because I liked the Super Mario. Unfortunately for the task 3 post you made, I can’t count that unless the dog was from a specific horror movie. If he is, let me know. I’m sorry it took so long to get back to you on it.

Well, hopefully the next LC will start right after this one and you will get an opportunity to focus down on your LDing.

[size=150]Scores:[/size]
Maximum: 0
Mew151: 0
Scipio Xaos: 475
Yev: 25
Thorn: 408
Lumessence: 0
Letaali: 100
Wyvern: 1310
muccy: 20
ian1: 345
Rhewin: 715
BrandonBoss: 100
james_uk2008: 225
KauaiDreamer: 0

No, HeadInTheClouds, I can’t say it was from a specific horror movie. That said, I now wish I simply awakened earlier, as it seems that if I didn’t surface and watch the dream change it from the actual movie antagonist to a dog, I could have claimed that I felt it was Jigsaw at that time and would have earned partial points.

Considering that I’m the third person to put in a claim for Task 3 points that was declined out of 10 competing people, I think there may be a problem in how the task is being presented. Naming the task “horror” implies that a scary situation is the focus, but it turns out that defeating a horror movie antagonist in a five-second game of rock-paper-scissors will earn the majority of the task points whereas a scary situation will earn none unless a very specific DC appears. I know that things are stated explicitly, but considering that Slenderman is an example given in the Task 3 post despite not being in any large-scale films (unless we count independent ones?), it’s an easy wrong assumption to make when the initial post has that error.

It’s okay, though. This just means it’s time for me to break out an LC Catch-Up LD™, in which I spend a dream doing all of the tasks that are worth lots of points but require very little dream control. From what I can tell, getting lucid, juggling any objects I know will be on my person (such as shoes), and pulling my camera phone out of my pocket to take a picture to look at will net a minimum of 220 points, which is much more than incubating something epic like a natural disaster or transforming a dream character. I just need to stop aiming for the fun and crazy stuff all of the time to catch up. :smile:

This post from Koharo and the original task posting define Task 3. I did not extend the early points, therefore the stricter definition in the post linked to above is the one being followed. There is some leniency, as I did allow one of Rhewin’s dreams that involved horror antagonists from Doctor Who. Pretty much it needs to be something from some kind of visual media (movie or TV). I think this, along with the above mentioned posts, should explain everything clearly enough. If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask.

If Koharo has any issues with this post and its definition for task 3, then he can post a final clarification about what he meant.

In that case I should specify that these antagonists are not from Doctor Who at all, they’re from my dreams. They were like Slenderman, just reversed colors. However, like Thorn, they are very much the type of antagonist you would see in a horror movie. I believe the issue that Koharo had with mine before was that the pirates dream was more along the action line. Pirates aren’t exactly horror material. However, Thorn’s dream is very much a horror dream.

Koharo, can we please get an explanation?