LC 40 - Congratulations Wyvern!

Had Two short LDs here. Estd length of time of them was probably around 2-4 mins (individually)

I had a ND last night in which i jumped down El Toro( a huge 2o set of stairs famous for skateboarding) at the bottom i dived into the water and then swam to the top and managed to breathed underwater. Task 6 Swim.

This LD is a medium-length one in which I juggle my sneakers. Let the point farming dreams commence!

I swam in an ND this morning.

huzzah

Just a short LD here. Nothing more… But more to come! :happy:

Buzz ~ Short Lucid Dream

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Short Lucid Dreams: 3
Medium Lucid Dreams: 3
Long Lucid Dreams: 1
Chains: 3

Task 1: Part 1 LUCID
Task 2: ~ none ~
Task 3: ~ none ~
Task 4: ~ none ~
Task 5: Parts I and II

Quest: Was in a school.
[/spoiler]

I had a medium-length LD this morning, posted here. I tried Task 5 but failed due to poor dream control.

Task 7 – Mirrors

Welcome to the final task of LC 40. For those who know about my dreams, you must have known that there would have to be a task to do with mirrors. Well, here it is!

1. Find and Use a Mirror – 100 pts
2. Find and Use a Mirror to complete any previous task from this LC – 100 pts
3. Use a Mirror to Do Something Only Possible in a Dream – 50 pts
4. Every Other Use of a Mirror – 10 pts/per tick

So, this task is worth a ridiculous amount of points. Each part can be accomplished in the same dream, but not at the same time. This means that if you complete part 2, it will not also count for part 1. You would have to use the mirror again in a different way to get part 1. This goes for all the parts of this task. The mirror must also be used directly in the action being taken (e.g. juggling with a mirror by you doesn’t count, but juggling mirrors or watching yourself juggle in a mirror would count). If anyone has questions or would like clarifications, please let me know.

Group incubation is set at 30 pts, 15 for attempting the task and failing, with the other 15 being added with successful completion of the group incubated task. As always, this is variable based off of the group incubation presented.

Scores are at the bottom of the post. I hope you all have had fun. I will make a post to indicate when the LC is over, which is a week from this post, next Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. PST. As for the points for task 3, the following changes to scores have been made: Rhewin’s points were removed as he requested, Thorn’s points were added, and Wyvern was also given full points for task 3 as well.

@Thorn
I liked the mirror in your juggling dream, so you get a couple creativity points for that. :smile:

Scores:
Maximum: 0
Mew151: 0
Scipio Xaos: 495
Yev: 25
Thorn: 670
Lumessence: 0
Letaali: 100
Wyvern: 1325
muccy: 70
ian1: 345
Rhewin: 620
BrandonBoss: 100
james_uk2008: 265
KauaiDreamer: 0

Didn’t get around to posting it. Had a medium LD 3 nights ago where I got myself eaten by Thorn and swam in his stomach. :tongue: Ian and Rhewin showed up a bit later in the dream but they didn’t do anything with the task, so only partial group points methinks.

I have a quick question about the Task 7 scoring. Since you can’t get two categories at once, will our dreams automatically be scored to give the highest possible points? For example, if somebody were to use a mirror in a dream-only way and post that dream, would it be worth 100 points as in Part 1 or only 50 points as in Part 3? If it would be worth 100 at the time, would having a dream that only did Part 1 later retroactively change that first dream to be about Part 3 so that the latest dream can get Part 1 points?

I ask this not to be a stickler, but to maximize my point potential. If there is no retroactive score correction, then the most beneficial way to compete would be to not post any dreams in this topic until the last day, so that they can be categorized at that time for maximum points; earlier posting runs the risk of causing conflict.

I sort of water skated in an ND. I didn’t exactly surf, I just skated on the water as if it were ice, thought it was clearly water.

yaaaaay

@Thorn
I always score so that you get the maximum points possible from a task. Thus, if you complete part 3, I will score it as part 1. If you then complete part 1 later, I will revert the earlier one to be scored as part 3. Basically, the order of priority in which I will score for this task would be to grant part 2 first if conditions are met, then part 1, then part 3, then part 4. I hope I explained it clear enough, but if not, please feel free to ask for clarification.

I had an ND this morning, posted here, in which I swam for a brief time.

Double post to say that the second of the three NDs here has me looking in a mirror. Our group also chose not to bother with a group incubation this week, as it seemed like quite a lot of work for 30 points when the task itself awards so much more if we combine it with unfinished LC tasks (which are different for each of us).

I had a couple short LD’s recently, and I did the mirror task in one of them.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/54]

I did some swimming in an NLD… Not much but it’s something.

An Icy Dip ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task 6 Part V

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Short Lucid Dreams: 3

Task 6: Swam in Icy Water
Task 7: ~ none ~

[/spoiler]

Wondered if I was dreaming this morning.

[link]

Had a short LD just 5 minutes ago. It was my first successful WILD, I was laying on the sofa and closed my eyes suddenly I’m getting swirling imagery, but I stay calm and the imagery flashes crazily and then I start to open my dream eyes( I thought at first it would be me waking up) but no this was insanely vivid and houses began to appear in front of my eyes as if I was in a city, then they disappeared, I appeared in a new place and began to walk around and there were lots of signs hanging randomly with strange letters on them some said “fud cockroach” " wut m8" abd “.@” it was very strange .then I was walking on a bright coloured footpath and some meme faces were about. Then I heard a shrill voice shout my name and it was my sister waking me up fu. Awesome!

So here’s a short LD. Also, HeadInTheClouds, I “completed” the February Quest. Can you only claim quest points once? Just thought I’d ask.

Lucid Fragment ~ Short Lucid Dream
Home Fragment ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ February Quest TENTATIVE

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Short Lucid Dreams: 4

Task 6: Swam in Icy Water
Task 7: ~ none ~

[/spoiler]

Hello Everyone,
There is slightly more than 24 hours left for LC 40! I will post tomorrow when it closes.

@Wyvern
The most recent dream you posted was counted for full group incubation points, as nothing in your group incubation said all members had to be involved at the same time. If you feel strongly against my scoring for full points, let me know and I will score you for only half.

@ian1
I liked your mirror dream. You were able to do what I have struggled with, which was clone myself from a mirror. Then finding out that you brought David Tennant out of the mirror, I got so excited that I gave you a large chunk of creativity points.

@muccy
Congratulations on getting your first WILD!

@Scipio Xaos
I would allow a different monthly quest to count. However, you completed it while non-lucid, and it is my understanding that these quests must be completed while lucid. Therefore, I did not count your completion of the quest. I looked over what was written in the rules and I see how there may be confusion, so the next TM should note that and make the monthly quest points more specific.

Alrighty. Thanks for letting me know HITC.