LC #41 - Congratulations Thorn!

1. Mew151 - <10 seconds - Play DDR Dream Mix
  2. Thorn, 5 minutes, become Wyvern’s drawing of me
  3. ZRVera, 3-4 minutes, give a DC a good punch in the face
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  5. Scipio Xaos, 3.5 minutes, Fly with my wings again! :happy:
  6. HeadInTheClouds, 2-3 minutes, Summon Three People (and/or Animals)
  7. James_UK2008, 2-3 minutes, Shapeshift
  8. muccy, 30 seconds, do a backflip

Yay I didn’t murder the list.

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  9. R h e w i n, 5-7 minutes, regenerate
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  10. Eogillig: 2-4 minutes question a dc as to why insects and spiders cause me to lose lucidity/wake up.

Alright then. Now that we have 10 people, the LC can begin this Saturday. I’ll post the first task up at 4PM EST. Sign-ups will remain open until the second task is posted.
See you all then. :happy:

I am signing up. Tis a long competition, but I need it really bad in my LDing right now.

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  10. Eogillig: 2-4 minutes question a dc as to why insects and spiders cause me to lose lucidity/wake up.
  11. BrandonBoss: 10 minutes, have a two way conversation with something that doesn’t talk in waking (doesn’t have to be out loud)
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  11. BrandonBoss: 10 minutes, have a two way conversation with something that doesn’t talk in waking (doesn’t have to be out loud)
  12. Yev, 1 minute, get some useful advice from a DC

I’ll give this another try, and see how it goes this time.

Just a post to say that eogillig had to step out of the competition because of a family crisis. Sorry to hear and hope you can join us next time, perhaps. :hugs:

Task 1 – Ride!

And so begins the start of the glorious LC #41. The first task to begin will be Ride! Ride can mean many things, a vehicle, an amusement park ride, a horse, etc. In a way, this competition will be quite the ride in itself – a race to the finish! (though, I am focusing on more of the physical definitions here. :tongue:)

1. Ride something! +30 pts
2. For every additional type of ride +10 pts (repeatable throughout the LC)
3. Be in a chase or a race while riding! +40 pts

The plans for group incubation must be posted within 48 hours, as stated previously. A successful group incubation will earn you 30 pts while a close attempt will earn you 15 pts. Participants are only eligible for these points while the task is active.

And without further ado, let the race begin!

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  10. BrandonBoss: 10 minutes, have a two way conversation with something that doesn’t talk in waking (doesn’t have to be out loud)
  11. Yev, 1 minute, get some useful advice from a DC
  12. Lumessence: --, ask someone about D17.

I guess I could use a motivator to actually exist somewhere

4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  10. BrandonBoss: 10 minutes, have a two way conversation with something that doesn’t talk in waking (doesn’t have to be out loud)
  13. demented: 2mins, visit ancient greece.
  4. ian1, 4 minutes, Fly.
  13. demented: 2mins, visit ancient greece.
  14. mr_Block, 30 seconds, use a functioning teleporter

Group incubation go!

James_UK2008, Scipio Xaos, Mew151, and I all formed a group. We’re getting nostalgic with our Task 1 incubation and going back to LC 37 Task 1’s group incubation, which we affectionately called Flight Club at the time, by transforming at least one other group member into a mount for riding. Since there are no points for being ridden, we can’t all have the exact same incubation with this plan, so we can’t possibly be specific about who becomes what. However, there will be some sort of shapeshifting or sizeshifting involved to make a practical mount, and it’s likely that we’ll create two mounts to allow the dreamer and remaining DC to race.

I hope that other LC participants take advantage of the group incubation points too! There’s no penalty for not managing it and it’s good to have people motivate you as you try the LC tasks.

Ok, in an ND I drove a car to the mall. I was looking for mattresses with some other person, but the ones we kept finding were really thin, like only an inch. Eventually we got two and used them as sleds in a race going down the stairs in front of the store. It was not the most comfortable ride.

Had a Medium length LD and I rode on a train on it. Didn’t do it intentionally, or when I thought of goals I would have made someone chase the train or something. :razz: Or two trains racing would be fun.

SPOILER - Click to view

Me and my sister are playing Super Mario Bros, it is like the old side scroller, but it is 3D… well it has the same rules as the side scroller at least. I become lucid halfway through. Aha. This is pretty awesome. Jumping on Goombas and riding Koopa shells. A very low level of awareness at first. I start marching to the castle and lose awareness. It skips to the end and I saved the princess. I set down the controller and stand up. Gravity is sidewaysish… Remember that I am dreaming. I notice a ladder out of the room and climb it, my sister follows me. Out the top I can see that I am on a train. It doesn’t seem to have tracks though and is just going through a city (just noticed the inception idea haha). I Make my way through some cars and can’t remember any dream goals. I decide to continue the Mario idea and make the goal to just get to the end of the train (like a finish line… you know, dream reasoning). I don’t remember my sister fighting or anything, but I took out two guys in two rooms. I had some minor puzzles, but mostly just pressing buttons to get to the next room. Sometimes I had to move a box (Zelda style). I got to the front of the train and we stopped. I jumped off the front and woke up.

I had a short lucid last night (30 seconds)

SPOILER - Click to view

I am out ay the pool again, but this time it is dark outside. My brother in laws are there and we are talking about what we are going to do woth my two guns since i am leaving. Then we talk about the pool and if people show up to what we posted. We all lay back and look at the sky. I am a little confused. There is no moon. I know that there should be a crescent at least. It is a week or so away from new moon. I keep looking and my sub puts something up finally. It is a circle, but not quite the moon. It also has an arrow pointing to it. Aha. Arrows like a game menu or a computer menu. I look at the rest of the stars now knowing that I am dreaming. The DCs next to me are still talking nonsense, but it is nice to have someone there. I start changing the sky around a bit, but before I can do anything awesome and drastic my wife’s alarm goes off. :cry:

I managed to ride a car in a ND last night.

Also, in that same post, I had HI where I rode another thing, but I’m pretty sure that doesn’t count. (or does it?)

I had two NDs last night, but I’m not sure if both qualify for the task. In the first one, I break into a parking garage and hop into a hybrid SUV I was considering buying in the dream. I accidentally take the emergency break off, and the car starts rolling. I stop it, but then accidentally do it again later, and I almost go off the cliff in front of the car.

In the second dream, I was in a go-kart/car. I think it was a car, but may have originally/become a go-kart at some point. I was driving it around in some park area, and I had a little army of toy soldiers/real life videogame miniature characters following me, but they were under my control, so I’m guessing it doesn’t count for a chase.

An army of toy soldiers? That is very adventurous sounding :happy:. I am surprised that you weren’t lucid my man. It sounds like you were pretty close to it.

Welp, it’s better than nothing! Here’s a short LD.

TF Nap ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so Far:

SPOILER - Click to view

Short LDs: 1

Had an LD here where I started shapeshifting into a Reindeer. Length was around 5 mins.