Sleeping me aware, dream me unaware, is this normal?

Ive always been interested in LD but never actually tried to have one. A while back, I had a spontaneous LD. After that I bought a couple of books, and am reading one now. I havent even gotten to the exercises yet, but Ive been thinking about having an LD a lot before going to sleep. A couple of nights ago, I had a very strange experience, and I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, if its normal?

Sleeping me, me in my bed, became aware that I was dreaming, while dream me was still completely unaware. I, sleeping me, started thinking about how weird it was, and how this wasnt what I meant to do, and how I wanted to somehow clue in dreaming me, and then the dream became staticky and rumbly and disintegrated, waking me up.

I could be wrong, but it seems like you were in-between being asleep and awake, and at that time a dream started. It’s happened to me a few times, but I don’t think I’ve ever became sort of lucid not in the dream, but not lucid in the dream. Was this when you were falling asleep, or almost asleep though?

No, it happened in the middle of the night. I dont think I was in between sleep and waking, but I have not been very deeply asleep. When Im stressed out, or spend a lot of time during the day ruminating about something, I have nights where I sleep think, as opposed to dreaming. I just think all night in my sleep, its kind of an uncomfortable feeling, and thats what the thinking part felt like. Ive never had a dream simultaneously though. Im crossing my fingers that its my brains way of getting me closer to actually becoming lucid because Ive had several other semi aware type things happen in my dreams since that one, like trying to recall a song I heard in a previous dream of the night, during a dream. I hope that made sense.