The Spirit of Gifting XII
print ShareShare 

Forgetting to RC

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
racerdude24

Forgetting to RC
PostPosted: Tue 01 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

So I haven't had a LD yet, and I have been trying to remember to do RCs. The thing is, I always forget to. I've heard that you can draw an A on your hand, but I don't want people asking about that. Any ideas? Thanks.

Current LD goal(s): Transform (Dragon, Gyarados, or MewTwo)
Clustafer
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 20

I think what many people do is do a reality check whenever they see a certain object. Let's say for example a clock, every time you see a clock, you would do a reality check. If you're still forgetting after that... then I don't know whatsthat

Current LD goal(s): Go explore something cool, go skiing in deep powder, design a space colony.
Hillatoppa
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: >12

How about simply drawing a point on your hand? If someone asks, it could have been an accident while you were writing ^^

Current LD goal(s): fly
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

Re: Forgetting to RC

racerdude24 wrote:
So I haven't had a LD yet, and I have been trying to remember to do RCs. The thing is, I always forget to. I've heard that you can draw an A on your hand, but I don't want people asking about that. Any ideas? Thanks.

Making numerus and mindless RC's through the day won't help a lot. You have to train yourself when to do RC. Of course do them whenever you notice something odd but also those targets that LaBerge provided in his guide for MILD should help you a lot.

Your forgetting about doing RC's is nothing more then bad mnemonic memory. You can train yourself by doing those targets, the idea behind them is to memorize targets for the day you are at. So if it is monday memorize for monday but don't memorize or look those for tuesday or any other day. So do the targets for lets say monday, when you wake up on tuesday memorize targets for monday and tuesday, on wednesday for monday, tuesday and wednesday and so on.

Here are the targets:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

So whenever you notice any of the targets do the RC and of course when you notice something strange...

Good luck! ^^

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
lonis

PostPosted: Wed 02 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

I started using a watch that bleeps every hour. That way wherever u r (unless it's too noisy) u'll hear it, and then u can do a RC. Once I had the habit of doing it I realised I didn't need the watch anymore, and it was then when I introduced items that I see during the day which also appear in my dreams.

Dunno, there must be many different ways to do it ,,

obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I read somewhere to pick one thing that you do or see about 8-10 times a day and try to do a RC each time you do/see it... So I started by doing a RC every time I make a cup of tea (yes I'm British and I drink a lot of tea tounge2 ) Unfortunately I don't make that many cups of tea in my dreams... so I guess you should use your dream journal and try and pick something that shows up in your dreams too.

Hillatoppa
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: >12

I started to use this App, Awoken. It might help you as well. You can set alarms, push-ups and whatsoevers to remind you of doing a reality check. While it probably doesn't help much if you only RC when your cell phone tells you to, it might have the effect that you think of checking when you look at your phone / it vibrates.

Does anyone else have any experience with LD-Apps? There seem to be quite a few...

Current LD goal(s): fly
racerdude24

PostPosted: Sat 05 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Guess ill just have to practice rcing and transforming into a gyarados will have to wait smile

Current LD goal(s): Transform (Dragon, Gyarados, or MewTwo)
Cumulus
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 06 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Maybe try to do a RC whenever you see someone with blonde hair, hair in a tail, glasses or whatever to your choice. In most cases they appear both in waking life as in dreams. Might take a while before you start doing it in dreams though even if it prevents me from forgetting to do RC's.

The other way might be buying a NovaDreamer although I haven't any experience with it

yoy
Wonder hunter
Somniologist
yoy has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 70

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

Hi,

Something that I found really useful is doing a RC everytime I pass a doorstep.
I mean there are doorstep everywhere. The logic behind that is that it goes with movement and changing locations ( which happens a lot in anyones dreams ). It helped me a lot for example I change location in a dream and all of a sudden I notice that and did a RC.
You have to force yourself at first but It with build into a habit if you're consistent enough.So give it a try and don't loose faith.

Dream on

Current LD goal(s): Use the dreamclock
Cumulus
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

That's a very valuable tip with the doorsteps smile
My other trick with the handsome persons doesn't work very good as I have got only one LD that way so far. (or maybe all people in my dreams are ugly)

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare