Let's make our own LD hypnosis file

This subject is a product of this subject:
https://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4698

Now I have already noticed some positive effects myself from the LucidCurse files at WarpYourMind.com, but I really think that the script, presentation, and production could be improved.
Everyone’s biggest complaint with the WarpYourMind hynosis files is EMG’s voice. Well, I’m inclined to agree. I know it was already mentioned under that topic that someone should create a new one or everyone should create their own, but what I’m proposing is that we work on a script together, and find someone with a nice soothing voice and create one with everyone’s input.
Heck, this could even be modified into (or added to) a LD induction file or CD.

First off, I’ll put my money where my mouth is and put up the webspace for the final product.

Here are a couple of starting points off the top of my head:

- More suggestions concerning reality checks.

- Less emphasis on "you can do things to your DC and not feel guilty" because I think we all get an idea where this guys going and I think that it's space that could be used with better suggestions.

- Added suggestions of dream signs.

- Added theta waves or other trance inducing pattern.

Anyway, if your interested, post some script improvements and maybe even nominate yourself if you know you have the “voice” and /or experience with hypnosis.[/url]

I agree… I had used the LD curse for a few months back in the day… but his voice always bugged me, and I don’t think his script was very good.

I think we should at least put together a script, and include information on how to use a few “popular” brainwave generators. I have foudn that binaural beats in MP3 format are NOT as effective.

When I first started looking into expanded awareness someone sent me an MP3 of one of the Hemi-Sync CDs and that put me in a trance the first time I listened to it so surely it can be done.

I don’t see why we couldn’t use the “Better than CD” quality encoding and use something like that as a background track for this.

I’m sure there is a member here that has some experience playing around with this and getting it to work.
Also you probably noticed that on the WarpMyMind site that some of his files are Theta encoded. How was that done? Is there a program that does that?
I will do some research.

cool edit pro can do it

i just put some delta binaural sycnh on some brown noise, and recorded a script i wrote

well the script didn’t do a thing for me but man I am drowsy right now…

it went from low beta to theta in 5 minutes then in 3 minutes dropped to mid delta…

it sounded like crap though really through my mp3 player… it did make me get groggy pretty fast though, like within 5 minutes I’d say.

Do you think it was your MP3 player that degraded the sound quality? Do you have options as to what quality encoding you want to use?

If we can overcome the quality issue I think it is definetly worth a try to integrate some kind of background inducer.

Cool Edit Pro was bought out by Adobe and is now known as Adobe Audition. It isn’t cheap but I will buy it if no one already has it or isn’t interested in the project.

Either way it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a few different versions depending on preferences: With or without background binaural waves, with or without soothing music or nature sounds, or just plain jane.

I noticed some people saying the brainwave gen stuff seems to have diminished effect over time (when using the same preset) so maybe we should just focus on the script and getting someone with the right voice.

umm…

insert pirate smiley

taps his nose while winking

bwgen should do it too, or… there are probably cheap/free things that will work as well, I’m just not familiar with them.

This sounds like a very neat idea :smile: Would be cool with a ld4all.com dream-cd :smile:

I now have Adobe Auction 1.0 :wink:

Let’s get the ball rolling by throwing out some ideas for the script.

Also, even if it’s not you, maybe you know someone that has a great voice for this project. See if they might be interested and record a sample and I’ll set up a website where we all can listen and vote on who would be best suited.

LOL…I too have listened to the WarpmyMind files…and i agree with the verdict on the guy’s voice…I just couldnt listen to him for longer than 10 secs.

Anyway…just letting you know that I have been recording some scripts too but instead of using any theta waves i used the reverb features from Cool edit Pro…at times i also experimented with sound forge’s Sonic Foundry.

Sound Forge has a preset called Dreamscape…it adds a kind of “dreamy” effect to spoken words (what else)…I tried it and the first night i listened to my CD…one of my DCs said…“Hey you are Dreaming”.

I also experimented with locating the sounds from left to right over time…and this had an entrancing effect…it would seem as though the sounds are passing from my left through my head then to my right then reversing direction from right to left…made me trancey…very quickly.

Would you mind uploading one of your scripts to me? It sure would help get the ball rolling and I would love to hear the effect your talking about. I’ll send you some FTP info just in case.

Certainly…as soon as you are ready!!

Mentap, check your private messages.

This sounds like a good idea, I’ve got audacity and a microphone, I also have a friend who’s realy into the music/sound creating stuff.

You have my help if you want it.

mystery

Cool. Thanks, Mystery.

A problem I found with the warpmymind files, besides the pervert voice(and website content… lol), is that his LD inducitons are too complicated and I don’t think that he has even a mild understanding of lucid dreaming.

Ideas for the script…

I think it should have simple suggestions like…
“You are finding your subconcious taking over”
“You are are concious of your subconcious”
“You are a part of your dreams”

etc… none of this… “if the people around you behave different”… “as soon as you notice odd things happening”

I don’t that your subconcious has an idea of “if”

I do think that his relaxation script is fine, but I just don’t buy his lucid dreaming script… it is just too complicated…

I’m not saying I know the best way to do this, but I think that we could definitely do a better job with the script just sticking to basic commands and suggestions… even like “You will plug your nose and breath in”… I mean, just imprinting a reality check into your dreams could be a huge help.

Thats what we need, those kind of suggestions, toadstool.
I absolutely agree that we need reality checks mentioned and less complicated inductions. You hit the nail on the head with that one.

I’ve been thinking about this also. I listen to ocean waves everynight and occasionally have water in my dreams. Do you think its possible to create a dream sign like that?
If so, we could you a theta-like ocean wave background noise, which I already have that I use to induce those vibrations that some of are familiar with… and make a suggestion that
“when you see waves or water you will hold your nose and try to breathe. If you can breathe you become aware and consious…etc, etc…”

The background noise could either be used separately as a tool when you go to sleep or as the actual backgroup for the script…or both.
Either way the key is the script.
This is where someone who is versed in the application of hypnosis will come in handy. Actually nailing down the wording.

wow good call with the ocean and water thing… thats what I was trying to say… you need to be specific like that… he was just SOOOOOO vague.

Out of all the views this subject has gotten, I’m suprised more people haven’t offered some input / advice , etc.
What I will say is that the people that have contibuted will be the ones that get a PM of where the MP3 files will be WAAAAY before I post it publicly. And when (or if) I post it publicly it will be for a limited time.

I actually jsut got some software that can layer the different audio tracks etc… and I have a low voice… and I know how to make binaural beats into mp3s… soo if you want to send stuff my way

here is also a link to one of warpmymind induction scripts… i think his induction scripts are fine

warpmymind.com/Scripts/FocusInduction.txt

I’m going to put some fine tuning on a script I was working on, probably pretty amateur, and I’ll send it to you with that wave thing I was talking about and you add your ideas and lets give it a go.
Thanks toadstool.