How stable was your first lucid dream?

I keep reading how so many people have such a hard time stabilizing their first LD, yet I never had that problem with my first LD. In fact, it was quite stable and vivid all throughout, the first thing I did was shout out in excitement(which I’ve heard causes several first-timers to instantly wake up), I actually forgot to do any stabilization techniques, I perceived my physical sleeping body(which I also heard can put you on the fast track to waking up), and I attempted to fly(and even somewhat succeed).

So basically, my very first LD’s stability was ironclad. Considering that so many people seem to have a hard time with stability in their first LDs, I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced such stability as I have.

Bear in mind that I’ve only had the one LD and none other since, so I don’t know if I have stable dreams in general or if I was just lucky that one time. I dunno, what do you guys think about all this?

My first LDs were vivid BUT very short. The lucidity only lasted for a reasonable time in my 5th one and then it faded out and came back a little later.

In my (official) first LD I was very aware but the surroundings were a bit unstable.
They would vary from very vivid to very blurry.
Then I discovered I could control the vividness and the surroundings. It was epic.

I have had several lucid dreams over the past 3 years. About 90% lasted for only a few seconds and the 10% lasted from a minute to about 5 minutes. It’s almost always a struggle to keep the dream stable, it just abruptly ends. I’m jealous of you guys and gals who can enjoy long lucid dreams.

The first LD I ever had was very vivid and stable, though short. I went flying down my street quite easily and it felt great but ironically, every other flying dream I’ve had I’ve struggled to fly. :tongue:

All my lucid dreams so far have been short, a matter of seconds.
Several lost to waking up, one to falling asleep.

My first lucid dream was really off and unstable.
I had no control whatsoever, and I kept thinking of everyone like I would in real life.
For example, I would be ashamed if something happened, even though I knew it was just a dream.

The first one that I remember was unintended, I had it as a kid. I lost lucidity soon after and it continued as a ND.

I remember my first one being extremely vivid. I walked downstairs and spent about 15 minutes exploring my house but I could hear my parents in reality talking loudly downstairs and I kept muttering to myself about how they were ruining my lucid dream.

Actually, my first lucid was pretty stable. It was not until I thought about how challenging lucid dreaming (after lucid dream #1) that I began to realize any issues with stability, or depth, etc …

Surely suggestive the much of this is mind over matter.

Had my first lucid dream experience last night, and it only lasted a few seconds. As soon as I became lucid, I didn’t know where to go or what to do and immediantly the dream became blurry and unstable, because I was so excited. I tried looking down at my hands to regain focus but it was too late.
Although, when the dream collapsed, I had a false awakening, which was pretty cool for my first lucid dream.

The first time I achieved a LD on my own, it was a very low level of lucidity but lasted a while…pretty much the opposite of what usually happens, apparently lol

Yea my first one was rather vivid and stable. It did not last too long, but thy was only cause I choose to wake up haha

My first LD was quite stable and lasted quite long. I just needed to RC when I felt I was loosing my lucidity. :smile:

My first LD was very vivid, very stable (in a sense), but very short.

I was in my parent’s bathroom staring at the mirror. Something seemed off, and then I realized I was dreaming. I started conjuring things… specifically pennies. I made a normal one, a silver one, and a gold one. I tried to conjure some more things, but I got too excited and woke up. The lucid part lasted about three seconds. :razz:

Very clear sunny day the lucid dream lasted quite long infact i took off flying and soaring later straight off the bat i got an OBE. You can imagine how i felt when i woke up

My first LD was a long time ago, and i lost lucidity in one moment, but i realise that as long as i am lucid i do not have any problems with controlling the dream. I have only 2 problems when i get lucid (to be noted i only had 2-3 LD-s, not sure if some of them can be considered LD-s)

1. My lucidity isn’t very high (wich causes my dream to be long)
  2. My lucidity and vividness is high (but it causes dream to be short, i can practically feel myself on bed and i wake up)