Food

So I started a food journal about a year ago: Thought I had a food intolerance and wanted to try and track it down. Even though I’ve ruled out most of the major food allergies, the habit has stuck, and I still continue to log what I eat.

I started my dream journal about six months ago.

Never the two have met, until yesterday when I decided to cross reference them… the results surprised me. I started checking LDs (I only have 10 so far, so not a lot of data) against what I ate the day before and there seems to be some correlation. Specifically: Chinese takeaway (chicken/rice?), bananas or kiwi fruits, almonds/walnuts, chocolate (the darker the better), milk/milkshake and the most recent re-addition to my diet - Cheddar cheese. Cheddar in particular appears to be responsible for my two most recent LDs. Of course I’ve heard the whole “cheese gives you nightmares/vivid dreams” stories a hundred times, but never believed it… :happy:

Does anyone else here track their food against their dreams? If so, what are your experiences/results?

You may be interested in an old lucid lab experiment. Here are the links

Thanks moogle that was quite interesting to read through, although disappointing that not many people took part/posted results. (Wow this forum’s been around for a while, I had no idea.)

I’ll keep tracking it myself and see what results I get. - I’m planning on a radical diet of bananas, almonds, dark chocolate and cheese for the next week… if nothing else hopefully the placebo effect will assist my ND Challenge 8 score! :tongue:

"LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~ "
-Bottom of the forum page

Anyway, I never actually recorded what I ate vs dreams. Like you, I never really believed it made any difference, but quite a lot of people seem to find it makes a different. Maybe I’ll start recording what I eat with my dreams too, and see if I notice anything.

Shows my observation skills, doesn’t it :content:

Well I had cheese and crackers an hour before bed last night, and had two LDs this morning! Was it just confidence? Coincidence? Or was it the cheese? I’m definitely going to gather more data on this…