Half-formed Dreams – WILD?

Suffice it to say that after three days of long road trips and various business, I was very very tired. So, I slept for 14 hours last night…
In addition to many many normal dreams (interesting ones, too), at one point I had woken up, after 9 or so hours, and let myself fall sleep again. As I feel asleep, the thoughts in my head slowly morphed into visions I could control.
It was less vivid than my dreams normally are, and my lucidity only extended to controlling my body and giving myself enhanced strength and agility.
It wasn’t particularly satisfying as the dream was constantly slipping in and out. I finally woke up when my paralysis ended with me trying to jump while laying down in my bed. :tongue:
What happened seems a lot to me like WILD, going directly from wakefulness to lucid dreaming. What strikes me as odd is;

1. People tend to associate WILD with conscious effort. I wasn’t trying to do that at all, I was just putting off getting out of bed.
  2. The dream never fully formed. This kind of thing happens to me on occasion and the dream is always highly unstable. I’ve punched things off of my nightstand on multiple occasions because I wasn’t completely in SP.
  3. I can’t replicate the lucidity. I consciously tried to do the same thing twice after this morning’s ‘LD’. Both produced interesting, equally unstable NDs.

So my questions end up being;

1. Has anybody else experienced this kind of thing?
  2. Would this be called WILD, WBTB, or something else?
  3. How would I stabalise these ‘proto-dreams’?

I’ve actually experienced this sort of thing a couple of times. It happened both times (that I can recall off of the top of my head) when I was really tired, and I slipped into a similar sort of thing, except a little less. I was halfway in reality and halfway in the dream, if that makes any sense, and I knew I was dreaming on some level, and was manipulating the dreams to some extent, but it was more like an interactive movie than anything.

I wouldn’t really name this sort of thing, but if I were forced to I would call it WILD. WBTB is out in my mind, mostly because you’re not trying to wake up from sleep, or staying awake for any real length of time, but you are going straight from a waking state to a lucid dream.

I’m not really sure how I would stabilize these, I’m not sure it’s possible, to an extent. The real issue, I think, is that you were too close to wakefulness, and kept slipping in and out of the dreams. My best guess would be to first check your sleeping area. Try and remove any and all distractions - if your window is open, and it’s noisy out, shut it. Close the blinds as best you can so as to reduce the light from the sunrise, and other sort of things to help you sleep deeper. Then, in the dream, take normal measures, spin to stabilize, or shout things like “More Lucidity Now”, whatever works for you. I think this would work, but I’m not sure with this kind of thing.