2. HeadInTheClouds - Transformation - Finish Becoming the Rest of the Avengers
3. Scipio Xaos - Transformation - Speak with Cardia Again
4. Mew151 - Creation - Play DDR Dream Mix
5. En'enra - Investigation - Explore a different planet and meet aliens
6. Letaali - Investigation - Visit the Frozen Planet
7. Siiw - Creation - Create art in a dream and copy it IRL
8. Oleg - Investigation - Fly off into space
9. drd - Transformation - Fly with wings
10. Montebest - Transformation - Dragon Transformation (Humanoid)
11. Koharo - Investigation - Visit my SC again
12. Obfusc8 - Investigation - Learn/practice martial arts from a master
13. James_UK2008 - Transformation - Lizardman Transformation

I just realized the list was in the wrong formatting on the sign-up post >.>

I’ve corrected it. Clearly this is Thorn’s fault and nothing I did wrong at all <.<

Sign-up List [Name - Team - Personal Goal]

1. Thorn - Transformation - Become my avatar
  5. En’enra - Investigation - Explore a different planet and meet aliens

Oleg: It’s not required… It just looks good. :razz:

obfusc8: :eek: Your title text! :happy:

The creation team could definitely use a few extra members. Come on, guys, there’s a whole world to create!

14. Wyvern - Creation - Find a map of my dream world

Obligatory alternate scoring:
Half points for LDs, only LDs that contain tasks, only LDs that are typed out.
That better be enough to handicap me… XD

Decided to join afterall. I don’t really have many personal goals of my own so I guess another LC couldn’t hurt. It’ll also get my ass in gear about typing the things out.

REVISION

After talking to some participants, I realized that the team advantage did help people with their incubations. I will go ahead and reinstate that. In this case, the reward will be an extra sub-task worth 40 pts. Here’s the catch: this must be a team-incubated sub-task. That means that you have to agree on it with your team members and do the task with a team member.

The advantage is based on which team has the highest participation rate for the current task. Participation is based on the number of sub-tasks completed by individual members divided by the number of members on the team. That includes team incubations!

People have won and lost over less that 40 points in the past, so make sure you motivate your team members to focus on the current task.

OmkAR has joined the LC with the Investigation team :content:

15. OmkAR - Investigation - Visit Vicky
  16. ZRVera - Transformation - Have my dual swords and find out who/what a certain DC really is

Note for my personal goal - it’s not two separate goals. I want to accomplish them at the same time. It may end up turning into a swordfight with that DC, considering my recent experiences with it. I don’t really have a lot of motivation right now, but that’s mainly due to plentiful issues I have while lucid. Perhaps confronting this DC now that I’ve passed a certain point with it and received my sword(s) from it will be the key I need.

One of my biggest problems is transformation. I can do the creative pretty easily if I want to (though purely manifesting something I haven’t accomplished yet), and investigation would be the easiest by far for me. I have many issues attempting to change anything in a dream, so things relating to the transformation team is what I’d rather do; I just don’t expect a lot of success.

Wasn’t even sure if I wanted to join the LC since I expect to lose motivation and/or interest, but a coin toss had me join, so here I am.

Just four more and we get started! If we don’t get to 20 we’ll start Friday at midnight CST

HeHu - Transformation - Learn to fly

I never had much luck with getting lucid, only had a few the last 6 years (!), I’m hoping this might change it :smile:

16. ZRVera - Transformation - Have my dual swords and find out who/what a certain DC really is
  17. HeHu - Transformation - Learn to fly
  18. Lucidis - Investigation - Journey into the Dark Median

Well, I kind of ended up dropping out of the last LC, but I shouldn’t have any excuses to keep me away from this one. Hopefully this will motivate me to keep up with my DJ again (which has already become neglected).

My personal goal is to journey into this place in my dreams called the Dark Median. In the last LC, a DC told me my future. They said I would go into the Dark Median, so I figured I may as well get working on that now. I’ve been interested in that place for a long time.

19. ian1 - Investigation - Fly

Reposted from my signup in the previous LC:

19. ian1 - Investigation - Fly
  20. StarryGwee - Creation - Create a cluster of stars

20 sign ups! We start tonight!

Task 1: Music!

So I wanted to start with something nice and relaxing. Who doesn’t like at least some kind of music? I can’t think of anyone at least. Team-specific tasks are in your team’s color.

Listen to music 20pts: this can be any kind of music, live, recorded, or whatever else you come up with.
Play an instrument 20pts: just pick one. Don’t know how to play one? I’m sure you’ll figure it out.

Create an original piece of music 20pts: you can write it, play it, hear it, whatever. You just need to be sure that you are actually making it, not listening to something a DC has come up with.
Invent a new instrument 30pts: keep in mind, you could create an instrument out of anything. You can will one into being or make one out of components already in the dream. Cannot be combined with the generic task to play an instrument.

Ask a DC to play or sing their favorite song 20pts: They have to actually perform for you. Cannot be combined with the generic task to listen to music.
Meet with the creator of your favorite music 30pts: like movie scores? John Williams! Like classic rock? Aerosmith! Just make sure you actually talk to them. Seeing them perform does not count unless you get a chance to speak with them.

Change the music you’re listening to 20pts: this change could be many things. You could change the pitch, the rhythm, the speed, the gender of the singer, whatever. Just make sure you actually make the change). Keep in mind you don’t have to see a change happen, just hear it. Cannot be combined with the generic listen to music task.
Turn the sound into something physical 30pts: you’ll need to think out of the box for this one. At the same time, don’t over think it. You know how music players create graphics to go with what you’re listening to? That’s what I’m looking for. Think Fantasia.

Good luck! Remember, the team that proportionally completes the most sub tasks per person will get an extra task next week!

Task 1 Team Tasks
Alright, these are the tasks you’ll need to iron out with your team. Your team must agree on whatever variable I give you. In addition, you must complete the task with at least one other member of your team (or at least a DC that represents your team member). If you do another team’s task, you must do it with a member of their team.

All team dreams are worth 40pts for your team, and half points for another team’s. None of these can be combined with the above.

Creation: This week you’re going to stage a musical performance with another member of your team. It’s up to you to decide what kind of music and where you will perform it. It could be a giant classic rock concert in a concert hall, or you could just play drums in a park. Surprise me.

Investigation: You know what sounds nice? Going to a concert with friends. You’re going to take another team member to see a performance. Where and what type of music? That’s up to you. Have a nice time.

Transformation: Why bother working your way up from the bottom? You and at least one other team member need to transform into a famous music group. Now, your group only has to be from a specific genre, you don’t have to choose a specific group. You don’t have to perform, but DCs should at least know who you are. You decide who you’re going to become. I wonder what it feels like the ride a wrecking ball… and possibly be insane. You tell me.

EDIT: Transformation Team! Pick a specific genre, not a specific group. That was worded poorly.

One or two tasks done today! So if these can’t be combined… what does that mean? In my dream, I did them separately. I listened first, then changed the music, then listened again. I don’t know if that counts for both tasks, and I think a number of us are confused.

[spoiler][02:53.35] So this part : Cannot be combined with the generic listen to music task… I have to get the two different tasks in seperate dreams?
[02:57.01] Oh shoot, I forgot that
[02:57.10] Edited my post to say one task done instead of two >.>
[02:57.15] <@Thorn> no, it just means you can’t use one task as part of another
[02:57.47] Blah
[02:57.53] <@Thorn> we were telling Rhewin on Mumble last night about it being a bit confusing :confused:[/spoiler]

So, depends on what you decide, I guess, Rhewin. Other than that, below is the relevant part of the dream. :smile:

[spoiler]I’m in a living room with a bunch of people, some on a couch behind me, and one or two at a stool to my left but more in center. The person actually sitting on the stool is Rhewin. I don’t know when the music started, but a few people were playing music, including Rhewin himself. I listen for a bit, knowing that this is part of the task I need to complete. I know I’m in control of the music ultimately, but I let it go for now. I have sheet music in my hand for another song, so after a minute or two, I start directing the musicians, mainly Rhewin, to transition into the new song. It’s the same key and time signature, so it’s easy, but since I’m mainly changing only Rhewin’s part, the others follow to transition properly into the new piece.

I walk around Rhewin and the stool as I listen, and once I’m facing the other way, everyone is on the new piece. I think to myself that it mixed very well between pieces, and I think “Don’t I need to be lucid?” I ponder for a second and determine that of course I’ve known I was dreaming this for all that time. I walk behind the couch and lean on it to listen and watch some more, and think about how I’ve been lucid for a few minutes, which is pretty decent for me considering how things usually go.[/spoiler]

I’d say it was medium length for me. I’ll also note that I did not write the sheet music in my hand. In the dream, I thought I was playing an instrument myself at first, but I don’t actually remember doing so. I remember attempting to make actual music with random objects later, but it didn’t work so well. I just ended up banging plastic cups together and that was it. :tongue:

PS: Do I get extra points for Rhewin participating in my dream? :razz:

Congratulations on getting the first points, ZRVera :happy:. I hope you enjoyed listening to the smooth tones of Rhewin and the TARDISes (I assume if I had a band that I would call it that).

You listened to the music first and then changed it as a completely separate action, so I can count that. Like Thorn said, I’m just trying to avoid people claiming multiple tasks for a single action.

This goes for everyone: as long as they’re two separate actions, you don’t have to worry about the combination disclaimer.

I had a ND in which I listened to music. I actually listened to it and reacted to it by being creeped out!

Hopefully tonight I’ll be able to do the other subtasks while lucid!

The second and third dreams from this morning are NDs in which I listen to music. While the latter of the two had me listening as a DO, the former had me in the scene and having emotions due to the music in the scene.

So… I take it I can claim both the listening points and the changing points in my dream then? I’ll claim that as such and await your ruling. :razz:

Sooo!!! A wonderful start to this LC! :biggrin: Didn’t expect this, but, hey, I did a task. :smile: Specifically, I listened to some music and then made alterations.

Intelligent DC ~ [LD]Short Lucid Dream[/LD] ~ Task 1 Parts I & VII [LD]LUCID[/LD] [color=green]EARLY[/color]

Stats so far:

[spoiler][LD]Short LDs:[/LD] 1
[LD]Medium LDs:[/LD] ~ none ~
[LD]Long LDs:[/LD] ~ none ~
[LD]Chains:[/LD] ~ none ~

Task 1:[color=green]-E[/color] [LD]Parts I & VII[/LD]
[/spoiler]