Lucidity Challenge 43: Winner - drd!

Listened to music being played at a beach wedding in a ND. It was actually a song from RL surprisingly.

I played an instrument in a ND last night! It didn’t sound that great, but I played an instrument!

The second dream posted here is a long LD that has me inventing a new instrument and playing an instrument. I thought about making an original piece of music, but I erroneously concluded that these parts of the task could not be combined due to the constant discussion of such issues in chat, Mumble, and Skype IWL.

Egad! More lucids! This time I created an original instrument and composition… I envy the Wyvern’s skills, here, to pull such creations out of a dream… mine will have to remain in my mind. :sad:

“GuiBar” ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Parts III & IV LUCID CHAIN

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: ~ none ~
Chains: 1

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV
[/spoiler]

The Creative team has pretty much all agreed to stage a musical in a park. :happy:

That’s right we’ve gotta report back to the thread with the results don’t we…?
If so, the Investigation team has decided to attend a rock concert on a floating island with metal as our alternate genre.

Likewise, the Transformation team has to report; we seem to have settled on pop and rock given the new the two-genre option.

Ok, team challenges are set. I’m on my way home and will update scores. Remember that you can also set a back up genre as well, but at least we have the main ones in.

Had two LDs here. Both were around 2-3 minutes a piece. (short)

A few nights ago I did get a task done while lucid. That night came with a few other interesting dreams which I might type later.

[spoiler] I was in my High School, in Math Class. The teacher of the class looked almost like all my least favorite teachers from high school (including my math teacher) averaged together; I’ll call him Evil Professor. Evil Professor was lecturing the class about poor performance and had created a new probation-style system based on homework completed and scores from the last test. Essentially if those on probation didn’t get every point for the rest of the semester they would fail the class or something. Evil Professor then proceeded to take out a list, and from it declared that just about every person in the class including myself was on probation. Then one particular err… slacker… Who shall be named Misguided Youth, piped up about how he was trying his hardest and that the new system wasn’t fair (out of character). The teacher responded by saying “You’ve got some kind of [profane] mental issues, don’t’cha bud?”. This almost started a fight between Evil Professor and Misguided Youth. As this was happening, I was trying to figure how hard it will be for me to pass the semester.
~break~
I was running down a corridor from my Middle School, and almost instantly became lucid. I stopped in the hallway and felt an urge to do something drastic and impressive, but I remembered the music challenge and so I swung left at the junction of the halls in front of me and ran to try and find music. I checked about three or four classrooms along the hallway before finding my 7th grade lit. teacher watching a music video on the wall-mounted television that my middle-school classrooms had. I listened to that for 5 or so seconds, then lost lucidity and the dream.[/spoiler]

So essentially, a short LD where I listened to music.

Had a normal dream last night with background music -

[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/obfusc8s-randomness/39553/59]

Sorry for the score delay. I got home much later than planned. I will update it when I’m off work, about 6 hours or so from now

I had a short LD last night. So, I’m not sure all the things I did count, but I think they might.

First off, I created an instrument. I pulled out one of my dresser drawers, which was apparently filled with junk, and grabbed a book out of it. I then used the book to bang against the drawer like a drum for a few seconds. It wasn’t a very pleasing sound.

I also created an original piece of music. I sang/whistled some kind of simple hum/tune, although it didn’t have lyrics per-say. It sounded way better than anything I could have sung IRL. Now, I’m not sure if it counts, but I was able to change this melody I was singing, to end up stalling on a specific note for a few seconds instead of continuing like it should have. I didn’t really change what I was doing with my mouth, but rather concentrated on the sound I was making and forced it to change with my mind.

Had a short LD last night. I heard about 30 seconds of a Glitch Mob song, and it sounded pretty much like the real thing.

:happy: :happy: :happy: More tasks! I’m on a roll! :smile: This morning I played a regular guitar. I tried to do more, but my memory mis-recalled what there was for me to do. :razz:

Medicine and Music ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Part II LUCID CHAIN

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: ~ none ~
Chains: 2

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV | Part II
[/spoiler]

Everyone is doing really well so far :happy:. Lots of people scoring, let’s keep it up!

@Thorn: I’ve made several attempts to explain the reasoning behind the exclusions. In fact, a post I made while talking to you in Skype explains each individual exclusion and why it’s there. If you’re still confused about how or why they work, please PM me.

Also, well played on your song choices… no pun intended >.>

@Scipio: Apparently you need to have trouble sleeping more often XD. Also, loved wiping away the sun and finding it again by peeling the sky… would totally give creativity points if it was related to the task :razz:.

@HeadInTheClouds: Yep, everything there can either be combined or was separated correctly.

Scores are updated

So far the Transformation Team is way ahead in team participation. Investigation and Creation need to get going if you want to get the advantage instead!

I had a medium lucid dream where I couldn’t move. I managed to hum this song. Is that worth anything?

Had a Medium LD here which was around 5 mins long.

I had this Medium LD. I have no idea what it’s worth when it comes to points, so I’ll just leave the whole thing like that. It’s not very long to read. Thank you very much :3

Oh, and the night before I recalled a short lucid dream. Putting it here just in case .

Short LD here last night, nothing task related though.