Feeling Powerless In LDs

Hey People! :content: A few days before i had my second Lucid Dream, But…there was a probleme :meh:

I became lucid and i wanted to teleport myself to an Island that i imagined… and i tried the door technique* but it wasn’t working! i felt like i could’nt do anything, i was really thinking about it! really hard… but the coridor was still behind the door… then i tried with an other room ( The Bathroom… don’t ask why. ), it didn’t work intil a window showed up infront of the door! i open it and i wasn’t in the Island but in Central Park! that was so Screwed up i had no controle…

So i would like to know if this already happened to someone and how i can handle it next if it happens again :eh:

*Door Technique: Stand behind a Door and think about the place really hard, open the door and you are teleported there.

Peace!!!

Some may claim that you were not lucid due to not having control, others that you need more practice, which could probably be the case since you say its only your 2nd, everything needs practice.

And dont rely to much on techniques that you have read about. See them more as guidelines, find your own ways.

Maybe windows will come easier to you, and maybe it will be easier for you to walk down into water and when you walk up out of the water you are walking up on the beach/rocks of that Island. Don’t restrict yourself with the techniques you read on. See what they are trying to do, and see what works best for you.

Seeing as you got a window already maybe you should leave the doors out of it and go for windows. Also are you expecting there to be any windows or doors on this Island?

No doors there but i though i could make it invisible xD i guess i ll find an other technique thanks :wink:

I think that’s a good point from Emil about the island having no doors or windows. Even if you hadn’t thought of that consciously, your SC may know this simply wouldn’t happen and so refused to play along.

Practise is always beneficial. I have found over the years that some things work, some things won’t - no matter how many times I attempt them. One thing that did work for me to change the environment is to put my hands together with my thumbs against my nose. Sort of like a prayer pose. Then focus on what environment you want to appear and slowly move your hands apart (eyes closed). This pushes the old environment away and a new one should appear. :smile:

it all comes down to understanding and believing. As you start you are going to take a lot of the laws and restrictions from this waking world into the dreaming world, and ofcourse that is only natural.

The following items really helped me when I first started:

1. understand that it will take some level of skill and practice, don’t give up on something that isn’t working until you have really worked at it.
  2. learn the different levels of a dream and your consciousness within them, you will find that you will develop different levels of lucidity, some will be stronger than others as you start.
  3. help yourself understand that the lucid world you see infront of you is not the same as the waking world, therefore does not have the same rules. To do this use a lot of RC to back up your mind to help you really believe what you see is a dream and controllable
  4. spend a great deal of time visualising before sleep what it is going to be like to be lucid and be in control. Really stretch your mind here, the more work you put in there, the easier it will be to control your dreams the way you like while you are in them.

good luck