Lucidity Challenge 43: Winner - drd!

ARGH! I used a spinning wheel in a dream, before I had read the task! This is getting ridiculous. :cool_raz:

Does this count as taming an animal? From last night (Pre Task 3), normal dream:

I also hugged a grey seal… :confused:

Had a brief 45 second LD here where I ended up in the world of Legends of Treasure Island (cartoon version which aired on CITV in 1993-1994). If you’re not familiar with it, here’s some nightmare fuel from it that freaked me out when it first aired. :happy:

7/3/14
-Med LD
-Task 3: Used an electronic device while lucid
-Regained lucidity

The second dream here is a medium-length lucid dream with no tasks done (unless an automatic door counts as an electronic device, but I highly doubt that~). The third dream at that link is an ND in which I use a computer. I don’t think e-mail was intended to be used to communicate with somebody from a distance of 20 feet apart, but I know that’s not in the spirit of the task. :tongue:

@Siiw: :eep: I’ve decided you use AP to get on the forum at night and check the task, but then you forget about it the next morning

@obfusc8: sure

@james_uk2008: I wasn’t planning on sleeping tonight anyway >.<

@Koharo: O.o that was quick

@ Thorn: no. No it isn’t. So there.

Announcement

Inactive players
A couple of members have not contributed since the first day. These players will be marked as inactive (i) on the score sheet. They will not count toward the team advantage until the become active again. To become active, they only need to get points on the board. LD points, quest points, whatever. They just need to do anything and they’ll be back at active status.

Note that this does not mean people with low scores or no points, only people who have not contributed to their teams or to the LC in any meaningful way.

And now for something different
Alright, it looks like all of you are getting the idea of how team tasks work. Now to make things a little MOAR interesting.

This week’s winning team will get a bit more than just an extra task. In addition to the advantage task, the winners will have the rules bent in their favor. Indeed, losing this week would be quite… unfortunate.

You see, this week’s winner gets to pick from…

[center]:@#$!: Rhawin’s Wheel of Misfortune:ebil:

Rhawin laughs at your misfortune[/center]

I will bend the rules for this week’s winners in one of the three ways below. Before the week is up, your team must decide on one of them (don’t tell the other two what you decided! Seriously!). Once Task 4 starts, I will bend the rules however the winners have asked.

[b]If your team does not pick an advantage by the end of the week, or if any of your members tell the other groups what you have picked, Rhawin won’t be happy. You don’t want to see Rhawin unhappy.[/b]

So what are these choices?

[u]1. Players must complete the Advantage Task before attempting any other Team Tasks[/u]
This is a great way to slow down your competition. They have to do your own, specially created task before doing anything else. However, this means you also have to do your own, specially created task before doing anything else. But that shouldn’t be a problem… right?

2. For this task only, all of the winning team’s Team Tasks are worth an additional +20pts.
This includes previous Team Tasks. However, the competition also gets an additional +20pts for doing your Team Tasks.

3. Two Teams trade places
The winning team can trade the places of two of our teams. They could switch the other two teams, or they could switch themselves with one of the others. You could really trip up some people with this. Be careful, you might make things easier on some people too.

4. SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE
It’s super mysterious… and fun! Or you could pick this and give it to another team.

Scores are updated

Edit: by Team Tasks, I mean the tasks your team votes on, not the ones I create.

I used a calculator as a gaming device in a non-lucid dream. It kept changing while I used it. It had an xbox logo at one point and two screens like 3DS and the interface was controlled with eyes etc. I found it annoyingly hard to use.

Here I used a PC to install a game, and a laptop to play a game in a ND.

A short and barely recalled LD here if it counts for anything.

I have to change the sleeping strategy. :neutral:

I had a short LD and two NDs with tasks last night.

In the first ND, I used Skype on a computer.

In the second ND, I had to deal with a monkey, who basically became my pet, but was still a bit wild. It was my job to take care of him, so I consider that taming an animal. At the end, though, he had somehow grown a tail with a spike at the end that looks like the spikes on Godzilla’s back. He stabbed me in the stomach with one by accident, which almost led to a fatal injury in the dream.

In the LD, I brought life to a stuffed animal. It was able to move around on its own, although it didn’t talk and still looked like a stuffed animal. I didn’t purposely control it, but I did think about what I wanted it to do to prove it was alive, and when I did, it did those things. It waved to me, so I waved back to it.

In the same LD, I also used an outdated piece of technology. I used a wall-phone, which are the home phones that are attached by a cord and stuck to the wall. I figured that nowadays, those had went the way of the rotary phone, so it should count. I actually dialed my home phone number (well, the best that I could do in the dream, as there were no numbers and my fingers had a mind of their own). I actually got a response on the other side. “Sorry, That is incorrect.” That or something similar, was what I heard. When I yelled at the automated message I’d received, I woke up.

Continuing with my streak of short lucids but nothing task related accomplished here’s another one. At least I’m lucid, right? :razz: Hopefully tonight I can actually do something. :tongue:

Short Lucid TF ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 5
Medium LDs: 4
Long LDs: 2
Chains: 5

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV | Part II
Task 2:-E Part II | Parts I & V
Task 3: ~ none ~

Personal Task: Spoke with Cardia.
[/spoiler]

This morning I had a very very short lucid moment. I also managed to have a conversation with an animal in the same dream, although when I was non-lucid. Also, said animal in question comes from a television show (My Little Pony :grin:) but I didn’t “summon” it. I mean, in the dream I did turn on the television to watch My Little Pony, which I became a part of, but I didn’t… “summon” any ponies. And then I used technology in another normal dream. So yay.

I had a chain of 4-5 lds for a medium length. No tasks completed. I could no remember any of the tasks, so I practiced flying.

I had 2 short lucid dreams last night, and in one of them I had a short conversation with a dog:

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/110]

For the Creation team dream, we’re going to invent thunder-works. They’re like fireworks, only they shoot out lightning. :razz:

For our team task, our team has decided that our cybernetic enhancements will aid flight. For our team advantage task, we are going the most direct route (but not necessarily the easiest route) of transforming into giant robots. The vote was quite close between these things and alternatives all week, but these things have a slight majority.

The consensus on my team seems to be travel to 50 years in the future.

Again a ND in which I used a pc and an old wool making thing that I don’t know the English name for (edit: Siiw tells me it’s called a spinning wheel). I also tamed a dragon. Is dragon an exotic animal? :happy:

Used my phone to take some photos in a short LD last night

Got a medium lenght LD tonight (I’m estimating 15-20 minutes), my recall wasn’t the best since it was early in the night and when typing it down afterwards I was extremely tired.

I didn’t really perform any tasks, managed to fly a few times however, I did think about the task but had trouble spawning stuff so I just went with the flow. :smile:

Once again. :razz: A short LD. No tasks. Gotta figure out how to make these dreams last longer again. :razz:

And HeHu: 15-20 minutes?? That’s a medium LD for you? :eek: I’m so jelly. :razz:

More KAG ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 6
Medium LDs: 4
Long LDs: 2
Chains: 5

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV | Part II
Task 2:-E Part II | Parts I & V
Task 3: ~ none ~

Personal Task: Spoke with Cardia.
[/spoiler]