How can you emotionlly do a reality check?

I have done a reality check and I don’t feel really into it. Since I know I already awake. How can I really question myself if I am dreaming? Thank you for any body that help.

Your post is somewhat confusing. The whole purpose of doing reality checks is to do a test to see if you are awake. You say you know you’re already awake, but the truth is you have to justify that answer. Simply saying “It feels like I’m awake” is not enough to justify it, and that’s why reality checks are used.

Here’s a “fact” check: You think you’re awake in your dreams, and that’s why they aren’t lucid dreams, but regular dreams. This is because you are convinced that what is occurring is reality. This is the reason why reality checks are performed.

Okay thanks

Oh I love your reply! It explained it pretty well. It is very easy to forget exactly why you need to do so many reality checks, it can seem stupid, but in dreams you think you are in “waking reality” so you just do not question it unless you question your reality in the waking world. Thanks for the reply, it made me laugh pretty hard! I have been a bit depressed today and I needed the laugh, even though you didnt mean to make it funny I’m sure. It helped me stay focused on the reality checks

I would highly recommend doing as many reality checks as you can throughout the day and recounting the feeling you get just before sleep and upon waking up. These are some of the best times to practice gauging your awareness.

I would also like to add that it is important to do your reality checks throughout the day in the most dreamlike scenarios that you encounter (times you might truly question the nature of reality). i.e. looking upon a vivid landscape or during times of heightened awareness (high brain activity) because it is during these times within your dream that you are likely to remember to perform a reality check.

A good reality check might involve rubbing your hands together and trying to pass one through the other or jumping. These are sure ways to realize you are dreaming if performed at the right time. A good thing to encourage your emotion about the reality check might be to associate your intent to gain lucidity and use that motivation to help.

Frequency seems to be the key IME so do as many as possible. This tactic might trump fewer reality checks that lack resolve.