Extremely sleepy in LD

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Cumulus
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Extremely sleepy in LD
PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014  Reply with quote

It looks like my LD s are picking up again after months without them. A couple of days a go I had a really weird one though, where I was feeling very sleepy and I was hardly ableto keep my eyes open in the dream. At a given point this became so bad that I wanted to wake up so I could go to sleep whatsthat

Anyone experienced this effect in a LD before? I know you can be tired and sleepy in waking life but actually we arent supposed to be tired in a dream...because we are already sleeping, do we?

Ofcourse this dream was wasted and I woke up. Last night (two days later) I had another LD but this time I was feeling normal...

(Edit: but I have to tell that I was dreaming about a doctors consultation where I was waiting in a room for my turn, and I felt asleep while I was waiting there...in the dream! So in stead of a false awakening it was a false falling asleep eek2 The dream i had then was lucid but I decided to wake up as I was still convinced I was in that waiting room and affraid to miss my consultation)

Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover
Koharo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9/7/15: 106+

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014  Reply with quote

Yea this tends to happen to me in dreams too. In the latest one, Claire Holt was trying to make me RC while I was dozing off. She kept waking me, telling me to RC, and eventually makes me RC by taking my hands and rubbing them together since I couldn't do so on my own. Once I became lucid I fell asleep.

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..
StarryGwee
Meeep meep
Dream Deity
StarryGwee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul, 2014  Reply with quote

I experienced this during one of my very first LDs. I woke up in bed and performed an RC and became lucid but suddenly felt incredibly sleepy. I wasn't able to control it, ultimately waking up. tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Visit: Imladris, Lothlórien, Hobbiton.
Dacombe
Demimonde
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul, 2014  Reply with quote

Yes, something this happens to me. I am prone to fainting in waking life and in dreams I often feel a very similar sensation. It's I can't keep my eyes open or concentrate on what is happening. Of course, in my case this is then usually followed by an inability to stand or control my limbs and I end up just sinking to my knees, then to floor and my vision and hearing fades out. I use it as a dream sign, but it makes it very difficult to accomplish anything after that point and I usually wake up out of frustration.

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare