Trypophobia

My only reaction is I want dat chocolate and honey.

I suppose belly buttons must freak you out mattias :eek:

Are you stressed? Squeeze this nice stress ball.

SPOILER - Click to view

Urgh! I had nightmares like this when I was a kid… Sometimes I’d dream the sky or the floor was covered in holes like some of those pictures… and I’d fall into them then wake up terrified. :scared:

Way to bring back my childhood trauma, damn you! :sad:

Saw this image on imgur and thought of this thread.
A bridge over icy water.

Soothsayer created his own Trypophobic picture.

all times are UTC.

So there’s a SciShow video about it now

Lots and LOTS of uh, interesting images in it. Don’t watch it. Don’t check it out. The facts are interesting but I feel sick. It’s great.

The link is for a video about prisons. I can’t see any videos about trypophobia pop up in the related videos, did you mispaste?

It was apparently the newest scishow video, explaining Trypophobia: correct link here.

Ooh, I hate Surinam Toads now… That image will haunt me for the rest of my life. And @Adventure Time scene I’ve watched that episode too. They find a book of nursery rhymes which they mistake for a spellbook, and follow the rhyme of Jack Horner (Stuck his thumb in a pie and pulled out plum and said “What a good boy am I”) I was shuddering at the toad part… The snowman one was equally scary.

Welp… I come here to point out Surinam Toads and see someone has already beat me to it… by any chance did you learn about it from a certain True Facts video? :razz:

And for those of you who don’t know what a Surinam Toad is… take a peek at said “True Facts about the Frog” by zefrank.

This picture got thrown into my face on a cooking site. shivers

Replying to an almost 1 year old comment… :shy:

Not really! It’s usually just when there are lots of holes together and with different sizes.

Like this salt lake?

all-that-is-interesting.com/spotted-lake

I am having crumpets today!

Just a hoax video on youtube… top comment, though… “TRYPOPHOBIA TRYPOPHOBIA TRYPOPHOBIA TRYPOPHOBIA TRYPOPHOBIA TRYPOPHOBIA!!!”

i also have that phobia i really dont want to see those images related to tyrophobia especially the hand full of dot wounds and the honeybee house any images containing those small dots.

Uæææ! :nuu:

I’m planning a new decoration.

[spoiler]

framed.[/spoiler]

Seeing these pictures gives me the same feeling I get from heights.

I am not naturally scared of hights.
(BUT) I have “programed” myself with a deliberate fear of heights to “trigger” in certain circumstances, as have many others in my industry.
I am a professional roping guide and a vertical rescue volunteer, so I am around high cliffs and buildings a lot.
We “roping experts” have a safety rule: You NEVER go within 2m of an edge unless you are attached to rope, or there is another factor that changes that distance. (eg. a railing could lower the distance, but a sloping, slippery edge could increase the safety margin.)

If I approach an edge, when I get to about 2m from it, I automatically do a safety check in my head. If I am confident that I am safe, I can proceed to the edge, and I have no fear of the height.
BUT, If I cross the 2m, and am not attached to a safety line, my subconscious freaks out for a fraction of a second. ( This starts to get annoying when i’m working on a particular one of my abseiling towers, it is a 40 tall 3mX3m tower. The top has a railing around the edge, so a safety line is not required, but this subconscious trigger is constantly activating as I move around the top of the tower, I now rig up a safety line whenever I use that tower, just to stop the trigger.)

Anyway, I’ll try to stop rambling about roping and get to my point.
For some reason I feel the same short moment of fear when I see these pictures. As soon as I see one of the pictures, I feel fear for a tiny moment. Not really enough to properly scare me, but enough to notice it. Once that moment passes, I feel the same way as I do while standing on the edge of a 250m cliff….I don’t really feel anything. When I look down a large drop, I kind of stop feeling emotion, as if I am supposed to feel fear, but I don’t, and there isn’t another emotion to fill the gap. I can kind of understand this happening with heights, but these Trypophobia pictures, i’m not sure why I feel the same way.

Any thoughts/ theories/ Ideas?

Sorry for the long, rambling post. I am rather tired, and when that happens I tend to go on and on for a bit too much.