Has anyone ever experienced this?

I had a rather weird experience and I thought that maybe someone else has experienced it and there’s a name for it.

Last night, I was practicing my auto-suggestion by telling myself to wake up at 7:00 AM. I ended up waking at around 5:30, but then went back to sleep. Pretty normal so far, but here’s where it gets weird.

I remember trying to sleep and my mind wandered as it does all the time. Now when my mind wanders, it usually thinks of single concepts or memories by themselves, not putting a bunch of them together to form what would be a typical dream scenario. Yet, that’s what happened, or at least it felt that way.

Thing is, I’m not so sure if I actually was awake and just thinking this scenario or if I was dreaming. In fact, I’m not so sure I actually awoke at 5:30, it could have been a false awakening and this whole “trying to get to sleep” thing was all a part of the dream.

On thing’s for sure, I knew for a fact that the dream scenario was a construct of my mind while I experienced it. Whether or not it was a dream, I realized it happened in my head. So if it was a dream, then I guess I was lucid in a sense. Perhaps I was pseudo-lucid, since I did realize it was all in my head, but didn’t think it was a dream at the time(although it probably was, all things considered).

So has anyone ever experienced this sort of thing or something similar?

It happened to me several times.

I used to take notes right after I got up just to make sure it happened for real.

Also, a similar occurrence became a comic.

[spoiler]

(and no, the technique is not 100% effective anymore, it was beginner’s luck.)[/spoiler]

Yes, this has happened to me before.