ND Challenge 9 - Winner - Ysim!

@obfusc8 - Nope. The two here were literally being played in the same manner in a non true to life fashion. I definitely didn’t go into the game and ride the vehicles in a true to life sense.

Week 4

SPOILER - Click to view

July the 26th - Fragment + ND
July the 29th - 3 dreams + Fragment
July the 30th - Fragment
July the 31st - LD + ND

I missed that one, sorry moogle… Fixing scores now. :smile:

Well it wouldn’t have been clear in the dj or the post here since I wasn’t aware i could get points for it.

Now Saturday… one dream, it hasn’t got a title yet.
Traveled on a hybrid bus/train/plane which would be a late travel task.

Sunday - one dream
Nil By Mouth

Chaining counts for different dreams, too? How immediate does this have to be?
For clarification, many of my multi-dream nights are a result of waking up before my alarm, scribbling a dream I recalled quickly, and flopping back to sleep. When I do this, I usually fall right into a dream, but without putting much effort in, it’s usually a different dream with no lucidity.

Anyway, regardless of that, Saturday’s update:
3 ND’s (1 chained) Unsure if either count towards the task. The first half of the chain was lightning/thunder storm, the second half was just very a patchy rain storm.

And today:
1 LD after using a nose RC. Did the task while lucid. Again, not sure how you want to count this. I made it rain, then turned the rain into a hurricane, which I then turned into a blizzard.

The way I understand chaining is if you wake and basically roll straight over and immediately go back to sleep, its a chain. If you are awake long enough to write notes then I don’t think that counts, but you folks have been at this a lot longer than me. :confused:hrug:

Otherwise any night with multiple dreams in a row would be considered a chain?

Regarding the tasks, patchy rain doesn’t float my boat, that’s mundane, but the hurricane, blizzard and lightning storm are all good. :smile:

If you want to count it as immediately falling back asleep, that’s fine. My DJ notes are often as short as 2-4 words, as I cannot keep myself awake for longer than that :tongue: I was only questioning cause I noticed it referred to the “same or different” dream. I normally define a chained dream as returning to the same dream (or at least a similar enough one) immediately upon falling back asleep. By my definition, it’s theoretically possible to hold a chain from the morning to a nap in the afternoon. Really difficult, but possible. Saturday’s chain still holds though, I was being lazy and didn’t write anything in my DJ until after the fact, which I kicked myself for cause I lost half of the first dream.

3 ND’s + 2 late tasks One in particular: I was at a summer camp for my summer vacation with several dinosaurs. Most of them were from The Land Before Time. There was also a large green humanoid beast with an octopus head. I think that may have actually been Cthulhu. :cthulhuy:

I realistically will probably not have them all typed until tomorrow. I have a busy day today.

[edit]Completely forgot to mention: I took a nap yesterday, but only had a fragment for recall. Nothing else to report.

One fragment
Recycling Day (fragment)

Shame it wasn’t a full dream … I would have seen the fences blown down by really bad weather. :tongue:

Week 4

SPOILER - Click to view

26.-29.7 5 NDs + 3 Frags + 1 RC
30.-31.7 2 NDs + 4 Frags - :meh:
1.8 2 Frags

Tuesday
Dream - Broken Eggs
Fragment - Lost Luggage (fragment)
LD - Nothing to Wear! This LD begins as a ND where I’m on holiday and we are planning a visit to a nearby country So late holiday task?

Congratulations on the lucid, moogle! And it reads like that DC turned into a mythical/alien race while you were lucid… so late lucid task points too. :twirl:

Ysim, moogle and myself have all had ‘octopus’ dreams in the last few days… freaky. :eh:

Nicely completed my personal goal here in ND #3 this morning. Was very detailed to say the least :smile:

Tuesday’s update: 1 ND and fragment, pretty poor recall altogether.

Wednesday’s update: 3 ND’s - 1 current and 1 late task rolled together, I was outrunning a tornado on a hover bike.

[Edit]
Thursday’s update: 1 LD (with RC), 1 ND, fragments, not much of interest for the tasks. I’ll have them and my growing back log up as soon as…possible. I’m under some tight time constraints for a project. :confused:

[Edit2]
Everything is typed now, I’m completely up to date. :thud:

End of Week 4

Ysim had an outstanding week - fantastic recall, some cool task combos and very entertaining dreams.

James_uk2008 also had great recall this week and stomped around as Killer Croc for personal goal points.

There were several lucid dreams this week as well, and even though it’s the normal dream challenge, congratulations! :ok:

Current Scores

1. Ysim 1195
  2. Letaali 1046
  3. James_uk2008 758
  4. moogle 545
  5. En’enra 524
  6. Bom 55
  7. TheUnknownDream 10
  8. Fate 0

2 fragments and one dream for the last night of week 4.
Post-Op
Training (fragment)
Pet Food (fragment)

[center]Pirates vs Ninjas

[/center]

It’s the final week. Time to get serious. If there’s one universal question that divides and confuses the internet, it’s this: Which are cooler, ninjas or pirates?

Ninjas are awesome. They’re so sneaky, you never see them until it’s too late. With the shuriken and secret deadly ninja training, they strike and then vanish into the shadows…

But pirates have pistols, treasure, and rum! They sail around wherever they please and they don’t care what anyone thinks. Sounds pretty sweet to me.

So this week, each dream of a ninja or a pirate will count towards both your personal score and be a vote for one of the sides. Maybe we can finally settle this once and for all. Who will win? You decide.

:eek:
I like it! :grin:

Only a fragment last night. I was stalling to post, hoping something during the day would jog my memory and expand it to a full dream, but no such luck.

Week 5

SPOILER - Click to view

2.8 4 NDs + 2 Frags + 1 Late Task - Dragon in a human form.
3.8 and 4.8 3 NDs + 3 Frags + 1 Late Task - I think a death god counts for task 2.
5.8 1 ND + 1 Late Task - I was a DO inside a spaceship
6.8 1 ND + 3 Frags + 1 Late Task - I rode a bike
7.8 1 ND + 1 Frag
8.8 2 Frags - and that is all

Week 5:

SPOILER - Click to view

August the 3rd - 2 fragments, Lucid, chain
August the 4th - More lucids! A ninja in ND part, pirates while lucid, personal goal achieved
August the 5th - Nothing much today

Sunday

2 dreams
The Paths (I was on holiday here but not doing touristy things - late task?)
Triple Socks

1 fragment
Kittens (fragment)