What is the best technique??

:help:

So i have been trying to have another lucid dream but have had no luck!
So i have been looking online for the best and most effective technique you can use to have a LD.

However i havent really found a technique that people recommend you do. Im still very new at this and was trying to find a technique that i could stick with and practise.

Is there a technique that is the best and most effective, or are all of them basically the same and it doesnt matter which one you use?

Thanks guys!! :grin:

If you only remember one line of this reply it should be this: There is no single ‘best’ technique.

As for the most effective technique, there is a correct answer to that and it’s WILD. WILD will give you an LD 100% of the time if it’s successful, but it’s incredibly hard to do (for most people).

As for other techniques they work at varying rates for different people. You just have to try them all for a while and see what works best for you. I’d recommend using WBTB with whatever technique that you choose to use and no matter which techniques you try you’ll need good recall.

Good luck with getting another LD.

thank you so much!

Well, I say any technique that’s successful will give you a lucid dream 100% of the time. I mean, if the technique is successful, then that means you got lucid. So, in that regard, there’s no single most effective technique out there. The effectiveness of a technique lies in the dreamer, not in the technique itself. That’s how I see it.

The thing is, what’s the probability of you having a lucid dream from any of the techniques out there you can use? Well, that also depends on the dreamer, his/her practice and experience. Still, some techniques work for some, some doesn’t. Just choose the one you’re most comfortable with. Whichever you chose, stick with it. If after some time you see no progress, then change the technique, or change the practice of that technique, or go out and find yourself a new technique, create a new one. There’s no limit to what you can do.

For how long are you trying to become lucid in your dreams generally?! How much time do you give to the technique that you are trying?!

You can’t expect from us to tell you which technique is the best. Each of us went through the same process of searching for the best technique as you are doing now. Guides might tell you and give you some directions and you can use that to determine which technique “might” suite you best but without completely devoting yourself to the technique and a lot of experimenting with the specific technique you can’t tell whether it’s working for you or not…

I wouldn’t never tell you which technique is the best because it’s going to be the most misleading answer and the advice I could give. If you wish you can statistically look at this situation and from that make your way from the top to the bottom of techniques…

Also I noticed that even if some technique might look the best for you and it’s working for some time it might just stop being the best one for you because you changed something in your daily routine, or you don’t feel the same…

Becoming lucid is a challenging task but the reward is even greater… :yes:

As stated above, there is no single “best” technique, you just have to find what works best for you. :wink: Annoying answer, I know, but lucidity is a journey, young grasshopper.

However, the technique that gives me 3/5 of my lucids is DILD followed by a reality check. I really haven’t been constantly attempting to be lucid for quite some time, but I still manage to have a LD every month and a half or so. I think DILD is a good technique to train for, even if you don’t use it as a primary technique, because it helps the user become more aware in both waking life and the dream state. Activating your brain’s logic detectors really helps you identify dreams from reality.

But do not take my word for it! Try as many techniques as you can and see what works for you. I wish you the best in your quest for lucidity. :content: