2 LD's in one night!! Have some questions :D

So last night i had two lucid dreams (First one was intended while the second one was just by luck!!!). Iv only ever had one lucid dream before last night, so this was so amazing :cool:. The first one was done through using the WILD technique, and the second LD happened because i realised i was dreaming in my dream (I think thats called DILD).

BUT!!
Its left me with questions…
If you guys can answer a few of these it could really help me when i try again.

Question:

1. Does waking up naturally compared to waking up with the use of an alarm provide you with a much better chance of lucid dreaming? Last night I set my alarm, but woke up just before and turned it off just before I attempted to LD.

2. How do you change the setting of your LD? I always find myself in y bedroom when i have an LD :help: I tried to leave last night but woke up before i could leave my bedroom (Kind of was having a little to much fun with instantly changing clothes :woo: :content: )

3. Do you have to keep reminding yourself in your dream that you are dreaming, even though you already know that you are successfully LDing?

4. In my second LD, I knew i was dreaming but for some reason there was a plot to my dream and i couldnt help but go along with it. In other words, I found myself doing the things i would have normally done in the dream if i wasnt lucid dreaming, like getting dressed, and all that stuff.

5. Does WILD normally take about 50 minutes to work? It felt pretty long.

Thanks guys!

Waking up naturally suggests that someone has a more solidified intent on lucid dreaming and is therefore more likely to LD. The nights my intent is the strongest have been the nights I have personally experienced the most DILD’s (and WILD’s-obviously).

I am not an expert on dream control. The lucidity I often obtain is short-lived or the memory of it is hazy. I am working on increasing the length and level of control within my dreams. In Thomas Yuschak’s book “Advanced Lucid Dreaming,” he discusses the importance of emotion within dreams. This might be something to look on top of dream control, among other factors that Yuschak lists. But to re-direct my answer, he does suggest spinning around to change the scenery and to keep walking forward. On the other hand he suggests if you want to stay in one spot to stay focused on one object and try to read every detail of it.

I have noticed that I too have to keep reminding myself that I am dreaming, or more-so that the actions I am performing can be the product of my thought and are therefore safe.

Thomas Yuschak suggests that the WILD technique takes about 40-60 minutes of awake time to be most effective.

Good Luck

that is a brilliant answer thank you so much!! :grin:

As to changing the setting of your LD, there a number of ways to do this! One is by sheer willpower and intent. Will it to change, expect it to change. Close your eyes and say "When i open my eyes, I will be {wherever] This is important in LD.
Another way is to stand in front of a door and say aloud “This is the door to [wherever]” Again will it to happen and expect it
A third way is to get help from a dream character! Like get in a taxi and say “take me here”. You can be creative, there are tons of ways to do it!

Yes it is good practice it remind yourself that you are dreaming, because the LD could slip into a ND if you are not careful! Always be attentive and aware and you should be fine.

Yeah your second LD may have just been an extremely low level of lucidity. This happens to me sometimes too. When you first realize you are dreaming, you have to stabilize it as much as possible and keep reminding yourself you are dreaming, as stated previously.

As for WILD, it can take 50 minute but it doesnt have to! I just had my first successful WILD a few nights ago and it took about 5 minutes! It all depends how awake you are, how relaxed you are, and other factors!

Hope i helped some :smile: