Lucidity Challenge 44—Winner: drd

^ My move is to edit in the “use a gadget from a utility belt” subtask that you told me you did in IRC but didn’t edit into your post, so consider this a note for posterity so that I know where that came from when I verify the scores closer to the end of the LC. In any case, I’ve updated the scores.

Some tasks worked their way into my normal dreams last night…

In the first, I ate a chocolate orange that was orange coloured but not an orange, or chocolate. It has the texture of cheese. It tasted very bland.

I did a hero task!! :rofl:
While dressed heroically as a soldier, and attempting to rescue my better half from an evil enemy bunker full of soldiers, I blew up a jeep and a tank with explosives!

^ Noted. The scores are updated.

I’ve put my last two days’ dreams in the Dream Journal forum. [url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/susans-dreams-highlights/39797/4]. For the purposes of the Lucidity Challenge:
a) Failed attempt at “swim underwater”, so no points there.
b) Saw Thorn in combat. No points for me there either, but clearly it’s clearly a reference to the “swordfight with Thorn” subtask.
b) I believe the last dream is in the Temple as requested for the team dream. A polar desert was mentioned when we were planning it, and there I am, in the arctic. At a geothermal hot spring. With a spa. Not sure if it qualifies, but it was fun anyway.

Unlocked a locked door by solving a “puzzle” in a ND last night. Although it wasn’t really a puzzle I solved, it used the same mechanics and seemed to be directly derived from The Legend of Zelda, so I’d say it’s in the spirit of the task.

Susan_Y, I dig the golden hair. Clearly you saw my avatar’s horn as Link’s hat. :smile: Ultimately, I saw three votes for a desert, two for something in the arctic, and two requests for compromise, so I set it as the majority vote of a desert. I’m sorry your temple wasn’t worth points.

The scores are updated.

I may or may not have done a task in a ND from this morning. I used a hammer powered by Dark Magic. It looked like what I imagine dark magic looks like, in that it gave off a dark aura similar to certain attacks in Super Smash Bros.

In an ND last night a group of invaders from space had taken over a city. They pretty much had the population in control, but my group’s job was to show that we could fight back. The feel of the dream was very much based on Titanfall.

In total, I

• Piloted a mech
  • Viewed a real-time map of the city
  • Stopped a threat from space (or attempted; the dream finished before I could upload all of the footage but a display showed I had won over 32% of the city and was rising as I awoke).
  • Caused a localized earthquake by stomping the mech’s foot

Mew, I acknowledge that the hammer had dark energies, but I don’t think it fits “Learn and use ‘dark’ magic”, as I don’t see any learning.

Rhewin, I don’t quite understand the bullet point about stopping a threat from space, because you say you did it, then say you attempted it, then talk about footage that I don’t know of because I don’t have the full dream. I’m marking it as completed because I think you meant it that way, but it would be helpful if you could clarify since you don’t post entire dreams.

The scores are updated.

Hi Thorn, could you clarify your definition of wings, since I’m not sure if these count - they were energy, not physical. Although I did feel a weird sensation of them sprouting from my shoulder blades:

Here’s the dream.

On a side note, is the ‘blow stuff up with a bomb’ task 20 or 30 points? :wink:

Dream posted in the dream journal forum.

I got the dessert course. rather than a temple in the desert, so no points for me on the team dream. It was delicious. It would probably count for “eat a food that doesn’t exist in reality”, but I’ve already done that subtask. I think this dream qualifies for the “find a map of your dream environment”, as it contains a rail map of a fictionalized Orient Express: London - Paris - Vienna - Constantinople with onwards connections that get increasing like something out of Ruritanian fiction (which would be Prisoner of Zenda, not the Zelda series). At least it’s heading in the right direction for the team dream, although not actually there yet, as it looks like there’s a fictional Middle East at the end of the railway line.

EDIT: I added a hyperlink to the dream journal entry.

Dreamz

-Fought aliens and a robot/alien. I was inside a mecha. I can’t really tell if we won, so those points are lost.

obfusc8, it’s worth 30, but since you dare to challenge me, it’s only 20 for you. :content: Although I suppose that’s not fair, so you can have the full 30.

The scores are updated.

Had a very nice LD here this morning which at between 6-7 minutes long makes it a medium length LD for me. As per the LC task, I summoned a perfect rendition of the Predators Bio Mask and almost fully transformed into the Predator (only needed to head to change and it would’ve been complete). A nice highlight of this was that I actually had a complete implementation of its heat vision with all the original sound effects and details.

^ Congrats on the LD, and congrats on moving up four spots in the rankings! I’ve updated the scores with your points.

Challenge? No this is a challenge… takes imaginary glove off and slaps Thorn with it
I challenge you to a dream duel, Sir! Swords, at dawn!

[com]C’mon incubation… gotta catch up with Rhewin… :happy: [/com]

Two more dreams posted in the dream journal forum. I think I qualified for the “save a princess/damsel in distress” subtask.

Oh, you did not just go there. It’s on now. Also, yes, incubation does seem to be how many people are attacking this LC; very few of the points seem to be coming from lucid dreams, and Rhewin and Mew151 are pulling the most ND points. :tongue: Luckily, these people should be running out of tasks that can easily occur in normal dreams, so we’ll start seeing true LC competition soon.

Susan_Y, I’ve credited your dreams with the points, but I need you to either copy/paste relevant parts of the dream in this topic or link to the exact dream journal entry in the future. This is so that I can quickly check through the entire topic and confirm points if I feel a mistake merits checking later in the LC.

The scores are updated.

No I’m not dead! Just… not having much luck. :sad: Here’s an NLD’d task. Nether Portals were bound to show up eventually.

Sarben ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task I Part C5

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 5
Short LDs: 5
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E C4 & I5 | D5 | B3 | C5
Task 2: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

Had a medium length LD last night. I shot a bow, and threw a bomb.