Spinning made my dream collapse?

Hello Dreamers.

this dream seemed like a nighmare…I was running in fear and then I looked at my phone. The time was normal 3:40am ((im still amazed how accurate dreams are, it was my exact screensaver :content: …I envy//admire people who’ve LD so many times. :ohno: )) anyway I looked at my phone again and the time said 0:41… :confused: I instantly became Lucid :cheer: . I stopped running and rubbed my hands asking for more lucidity. The tingling in my fingers was unreal. after I focused for a bit I turned and tried to fly ((I lunged taking big leaps)) unable to fly I sorta lost lucidity because I started running again. I noticed a cat and decided to touch it. it felt so real :hug: . I decided that I wanted to change the dream scene ((thinking of something I read from Stephan Laberge and Robert Waggoner)) I started spinning in circles. the dream collapsed like broken pieces of glass. :confused: . I woke up. I cant figure out what I did wrong and now im scared to spin :twirl: . what else can I do to maintain that lucidity and maybe change the environment. im still a newbie so anything small or big will help. :help: :help:

thanks you guys and sweet dreams :wiske:

Spinning works for some dreamers and others lose the dream. I don;t like spinning myself, the only time I used it I lost the LD.

Maintaining lucidity, rubbing your hands together helps (which you remembered) and using commands works for me.

Changing the environment -
expectation works, turn around and expect it to change, close your eyes and expect it to be different when you open them again.
Or you could teleport etc

Hullo & welcome :smile:

You didn’t do anything ‘wrong’. Unfortunately, now that you have tried spinning and had it not work, it will likely effect your confidence should you try it again. Belief and confidence are the keys to controlling your dreamworld.

The first few lucids are the most frustrating because there is so much cool stuff you want to try, but don’t have the belief/knowledge that you can do it… yet. Best thing to do is slow down. Enjoy the moment. Focus on maintaining lucidity by rubbing your hands, engaging all your senses (not just sight) - exactly what you were doing by stroking cats and trying physical feats like flying. :cool:

I’d second what moogle suggested for changing the environment. There are many ways, you just need to find what works for you personally. Find a door and believe that it leads to where you want to be. Know that it’s just around that next corner.

You could also try to find a picture or something in RL to help you visualize where you want to go in your lucid dream, this will help you focus/imagine it better when you become lucid. Best of luck!

I’ve personally found that anytime I make the environment “unstable” (or otherwise out of focus), I risk the dream collapsing and/or waking up. So, I always stop and think to get a gauge of how stable and real the dream feels before doing something like spinning, fast running, fast flying, etc. By fast running (or flying), I mean that I start sprinting as hard as I can until my surroundings lose focus and blur. When I slow down, I’m where I wanted to go.

I would advise other methods that don’t require losing focus of everything in the dream world for teleportation. My personal favorite is, as obfusc8 mentioned, doors :razz: Turning around and seeing it behind works, too. Even just looking down at your feet and then back up may be enough to change the scene.

As far as stabilizing goes, I’ve found doing the opposite works. Focus on an object, touch it, make sure it is real and solid to you. Even if it’s just your other hand (rubbing hands, like moogle mentioned)

Good luck :content:

Thank you all for the insight and helpful tips. I really appreciate it. I think I was over whelmed a bit with excitement. When I awoke my heart was beating so fast. I think i should just go with the flow of things in the dreams to analyze things. I think one fear is getting sucked back into the dream and losing Lucidity. ill keep reminding myself to rub my hands and ask for more lucidity. I love the door ideas…

thanks again. :wiske:

Thanks for the tip :happy: