Nightmares & Cold feet

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before, but I was interested to see if anyone else finds the same thing.
Until recently I’d never noticed this myself, but then my mum mentioned in a conversation that she would have nightmares if her feet were uncovered while sleeping.
I have to say I’ve noticed this 3 times this summer. I don’t have many nightmares at-all, and I’d say the 3 (semi-)nightmares I’ve had in the last 2 months is much more than usual. Anyway, I’ve noticed when I wake up that my feet are uncovered, and given that it is summer I have a fan on, which makes my feet feel colder than without.

The other night I had a dream where I was typing a letter on the computer, and went to talk to my parents about something. And although there was no-one else in the house I came back to find my mouse and keyboard the wrong way up. Kind of freaky at the time.

Just thought I’d throw it out there and see.

Just like you I don’t have many nightmares either. Yet I do have cold feet and hand sometimes. I have it more during the day than during the night but that’s another point.

A few weeks ago I had several evenings after each other cold feet. Yet I didn’t have nightmares, so for me there’s no connection between them. I do notice it’s harder for me to fall asleep when I have cold feet.

I literally just woke up from a horrible nightmare, where I got shot, only to jolt awake and find my feet uncovered and cold. This happens to me all the time and it’s kind of terrifying. It’s happened about 20 or so times since I was 12 (I’m only 16). My mother, being religious, attributes this to demons which scares me even more. I would really like to know if anyone else has this problem because there isn’t much about this anywhere else.

Interesting, because I have a lot of nightmares and I can’t sleep at all if my feet are covered. They have to be free. :content: I’ll have to test this.

Scribs, while I’m religious too and accept the possibility of a negative spiritual influence on a person’s dreams, I don’t think there’s anything to be afraid of. If you and your mother think about such things, you’ll only scare yourself into more nightmares. Try sleeping in woolen socks, it’s healthy and it will keep your feet warm. If that doesn’t work, well, there’s a recipe from my grandmother, who’s also superstitious about nightmares - keep scissors or another sharp item under your mattress to chase away negativity. Or, another option is to try to keep a dreamcatcher in the room. The most important thing is that you convince yourself that the nightmares would be stopped by whatever you do, and then you’ll have no problems, supernatural or not. :content: