the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 72

:welcome: hello Nikita

:wave: somniatis

So, if they aren’t strange, odd or fantasy-like what is the cause of the euphoric effect?

It is best practice to continue with the dream journal (and reality checks). You can achieve LDs without paying for apps, supplements etc. You would be best asking about Awoken in the quest forum with Awoken [app] as the topic title to see if anyone has used it.

I hope you all enjoy your time at LD4all.

Moogle wrote:

That question I’ve pondered myself many of times. In the beginning I questioned if it was some sort of psychosis I was going through. Or, some type of hidden need my insecure self was seeking at the time. I’ve had my neurological system mapped out for a very unfortunate situation in my life. (I went through kidney failure due to ingesting non-pasteurized milk that was bad. During this event a port that was tapped in my armpit was put in wrong, opening the way for many blood clots. Was given emergency surgery as one of the clots was at the base of my neck.) No pathology in my brain was ever found.

I feel very comfortable with my decision to seek out other individuals with similar dream experiences. BTW, I’m also able to lucid dream and have experimented with Astral Projection with limited success, on an academic level.

I hope your health situation is under control/resolved now.

I suppose the euphoria could be down to the super dreams providing an element that your waking life doesn’t contain? No need to answer that. :wink:

Yes, I agree with you one hundred percent. The best comparison I could make is when I hear people talk about their NDE (Near Death Experience). They often talk about “how right” it felt and “how this is the real place”. The dream could be banal in nature and I will still feel this way during and after my dream.

Well, I think I carried on enough. Thank you for the warm welcome/questions and input.

Hey,

I’ve just joined and wanted to say hello. I’m very interested in browsing through the forum and reading everyone’s thoughts, tips, hints and stories on Lucid Dreaming.

I’ve only started to get into it a bit more serious in the last few months, regularly recording dreams in my dream diary app, and I’ve read a few books on LD, the best being Robert Waggoner’s “Gateway to the Inner Self” and Stephen LaBerge’s “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming”

I feel like it’s just starting to make a bit more sense to me now, I’ve had around 10 LD’s so far so hopefully this forum will help inspire me to have many more.

All the best,

Strangegravy

hi everyone. :smile:

may all your dreams be lucid. :wiske:

I’m sorry for the late welcome Strangegravy, I thought I had made a post.

Congrats! and I’m sure they will become more frequent now you have joined ld4all. :content:
BTW Robert Waggoner is a member of this forum. :happy:

Hello!

I’m new. :smile: just starting to get into lucid dreaming. I have always taken dreams for complete reality, even after I wake up sometimes… So it feels especially hard to recognize that while still IN the dream.

Anyway, I had my first lucid dream a month ago, lasted less than a minute, and it inspired me to try harder! It was an amazing experience and I am looking forward to exploring more of my own frontier with you folks.

Welcome to LD4all, jicca :welcome:
That first lucid experience is always awesome. :yay:

They will get longer :spinning:

Thanks for the welcome! :smile:

I just saw that Mr Waggoner was a member, I just read the article he wrote. Got me thinking differently again about how I was approaching LD’s.

Really says a lot about the reputation of the forum! :smile:

Thank you very much. :smile: Now that I am more focused on it, I hope you are right!

Just a quick hello to everyone! Im 17 years old from Scotland and am very intrested in Lucid Dreaming hoping to learn from peoples experiances and any advice would be great :smile:

Hello to you all, I’m also 17 but from England.

Over the past few months i’ve been expiriencing SP natrually, almost always during a nap but never hallucinated. So i’ve come here to try and turn this into lucid dreams.

EDIT: And I can see i’ve made a great start by instead of posting in the topic, i’ve accidently made a new one, I apologise :shy:

:wave: hello Snoop420, greetings from south of the border :happy:
I hope you enjoy your time on LD4all.

:wink: If we are quiet no-one will know. :whistle:
Welcome to LD4all TheSuperLime :wave:
There is a good WILD FAQ in Article Space.

I’m a 37 years old male from Finland. I’m new on the forum, even though i have known the forum and ld4all site since the summer of 1999 when I became interested in lucid dreams “for real”

Last time I actively tried to induce lucid dreams(and I actually had a number of them) was 1999-2000, so it’s a long time ago… but the interest in lucid dreams have remained and now and then I have have had some sporadic lucid dreams, altough I really haven’t been that active for many many years.

Now in my “older” days I think it would be nice to start working to induce those nice lucid dreams once again :smile: But it’s a bit harder nowadays I think, because I’m much more cynical thinking and narrowminded nowadays compared to when I was 22… But never say never, I miss those lucid dream adventures…

Well, that was my reason to be here in a nutshell.

‘Welcome back’ Stäin
We still have the archives from the old forum if you want to go down memory lane and find your old posts. LD4all Archive 1999 - 2002. This is a link to the first LD4all N54 forum.
I’m sure you will be experiencing lucid dreams again soon since you have done it before :spinning:

Helllloooo Everyone !! I’m Theskyfender ! I’m 18 , also a boy and Unicorns are my favorite animals !

First let’s make 2 thinks clear ! I’m not American and my native language is french so I hope you guys won’t go to hard on me XD !

( I’m also the kind of adventurer guy * whispering behind you * )

Ok ! In my life I guess I’ve made something like 2 LD and I wasn’t really in a high conscious level ! So after about a year of break I’m back :happy: ! And this time I’m really willing to get better at it :slight_smile: ! I really wish to integrate myself in this community !

Dreaming is just something fascinating and having a relative control would be awesome ! So yeah ! I’ll take any advices , suggestions etc. !

Hi everyone,
I’m Michouwou, i’m 17 and i’m french. I decided to join now for many reasons. First it’s going to be a year since a know this forum, I thought this could be a good idea :tongue: ; next I am writing my DJ since almost a month and I just wrote my 30th dream. I am really interested in LDing and the whole last year, my motivation has been nothing but increasing. I hope everything will go well and that I will be useful on this forum.
:happy:

Welcome to ld4all, Theskyfender and Michouwou

It’s good to see you are so motivated. Good luck. :content:

:grin: Will you be sharing any of your dreams in our DJ forum? Or would it be too much of a chore to translate them into English?

It’s great to see so much motivation. :cool:

Hello all :smile:

I am 17 years old and very interested in this area. It all began quite recently when I questioned myself “Why do I think so much?” Because I’m such a deep thinker. One thing led to another, since then I have been researching psychology and all about the mind. It is wonderful!!! I can’t believe there are so many cool things out there that not many people know about! After school I hope to study psychology and become a psychologist. After lots of research I then found out about lucid dreaming. I have never been so interested in something like this in my life before. I have only just started practicing lucid dreaming, no lucid dreams yet but I hope for one soon! I look forward to meeting new people here and find out more beauties of the mind :smile: