Low Lucidity State?

Is there a state where you get to where you kind of know it’s a dream, as in something feels off about the whole thing, but you go along with the dream anyway?

You might even try RC’s, but they may or may not work.

My last few nights of dreams, at times I feel like they feel different, or I feel semi-aware, but not just quite enough to spontaneously know I’m dreaming.

I’m practising LL and I’m wondering if some of it is starting to seep through.

I had one where I thought, this can’t be a dream, can it, checked my hand and realised it was.

Another when several RC’s didn’t work, but I still felt something was off and decided to just let myself fall backwards, and fell down through this vortex of blue and white light, swirling around me, before the excitement build to much and I woke.

Anyone feel like this at the start of LL, I suppose I’m hoping that these are signs it’s starting to break through to my dreams.

Thanks

I guess your LL is kicking in. Those usually are the signs of getting more aware in waking life. Just keep at it. If you menage to get quite good at LL, lucid dreams won’t be a hard thing to do anymore…

Also good thing now to do is to go through your DJ and find similar situation from dreams where you had glimpses of lucidity and then try to generate that feeling in the same situation but in waking life just to get the habit of testing the unusual and usual things…

Good luck! :content:

Thanks for the reply dB_FTS. You’re great for giving up your time for us beginners! :smile:

Your words have given me confidence once again. I went back through my DJ and noticed other times when things felt “off” or I was less zombie like in the dream.

Hopefully as I continue, this will get more natural.

Fun times. :smile:

My first time back here in ages - RL problems have been getting in the way of my leisurely exploration of the world of LD over the last 6 months or so, and I haven’t even been keeping a journal with any strict regularity. But, oddly enough, this was one of the first posts I landed on after coming back to this (excellent) site after my hiatus.

The same thing’s been happening to me. I’ve lost count of the number of times that I’ve thought “hey, this is odd - let’s look at my hands”, and then giggled to myself when I saw over half-a-dozen misshaped digits on each hand.

But that’s where it ends - it’s as if I know I’m dreaming, but I’m still dreaming that I know I’m dreaming. When I wake up, I’m disappointed - I guess I’d call it a low-lucid or false-lucid state (I think dB_FTS said this in reply to one of my older posts some time ago).

Don’t know if there’s any connection, but I’ve been doing a lot of mindfulness meditation recently, and one of the other posts I’ve just skimmed mentions LL and mindfulness.

Hope you’re making progress, Strangegravy.

Hey Bono.

It’s been a hectic week or so, so I’m doing well to write in my DJ at the moment, but I’m still remembering my “This is a dream” mantra several times during the day, so when I finally get back into a decent sleeping pattern I hope I can concentrate more on the LD part!

My last few dreams have still had that feeling, and also I seem to remember way more little details, and sections of my dreams seem really vivid, even when not lucid, and they were never like that before.

I’m taking all this as a good sign, a sign that this new way I’m looking at the world is slowly sinking in there in my brain and one day it’ll just all click.

To me it sounds the same for you, that it’s all starting to come together, so I’d try not to get frustrated with it and look at it as a step closer to waking up in dreams. :smile:

Good luck with your journey, let us know how you get on!

I’ve lost count of the number of times that I’ve thought “hey, this is odd - let’s look at my hands”, and then giggled to myself when I saw over half-a-dozen misshaped digits on each hand.

We offer guaranteed success for C2010-571 free dump with help of latest Avaya latest resource University of Advancing Technology certification dumps certification Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) paced test engine to help you pass Nova Southeastern University