Method of Loci (AKA Memory Palace) and Lucid Dreaming

Hello to every lucid travelers,

recently, when browsing through the web and talking with friends, I discovered a memory technique called Method of Loci, or also called Memory Palace.

For those who do not know the Memory Palace, I am going to explain it to you. The Memory Palace is a technique that is used to remember important facts. Basically, it is a Memory Technique. It consist of imagining a place you know by heart, usually a place that you frequent every day, like your house or your workplace. After visiting and visualising the place that you chose (becoming the Palace), you can insert elements everywhere in the place you chose to remember things you need to know. For example, if you need to remember to buy train tickets for London, you can just immagine Queen Elizabeth II in your bedroom. If you need to remember to call a plumber to fix the toilets, you can just immagine a beautiful plumber in your toilets. There are, of course, unlimited possibilities.

Now, what is the link with lucid dreaming? Most of us can affirmatively say that, when our level of lucidity is high within a lucid dream, we can feel that lucid dreaming feels more real than reality itself.And this is the fact that can be linked with the Memory Palace.

If someone is, for example, too tired to use a place he knows IWL for his Memory Palace, let’s say because it doesn’t triggers in him inspiration, he might create a dream place in a lucid dream and then use the place in waking life as a Memory Palace.

My question is, has anybody found a way to link the Method of Loci to lucid dreaming by any way possible? If yes, was the combination successful? What were the results?

You are free to respond :smile: . And, by the way, RC :wink:

If you manage to make your dream spirit your memory palace, things start getting interesting. Dreams start to become more alive and you start to notice a certain pattern going there which happens irl too.
Your reality is where you keep your memories… be that a place, a person or something else, or all of it. And they guide you consciously or unconsciously.
I dont know about keeping plans for the future in lucid dreaming, but keeping things you’ve already experienced, you somehow start to build a whole living world there.