Lucidity Challenge 45 - Winner - Thorn!

So I may not have done any task things in this dream, but I did have a lucid, and I may have figured out how to have some regular lucids… Also, I now have a strong drive to want to win this thing so… here goes! :razz:

Magic Staff - Medium Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Lucid Moments: 2
Non-Lucids: 5
Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1
Longest Lucid Dreams: 1

Task I:-E WIZARD | DRUID | FIGHTER | Sat by a campfire, PALADIN, and ROGUE. | BARBARIAN
Task II:-E Teleported using a (magical) device. | Fired a lasergun. | Stargazing.
Task III:-E IRON MAN | SHADOWCAT & PROFESSOR X
Task IV: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

I’ll be there!

Latest Scores

There’s plenty of combo options, high scoring team dream possibilities and of course personal goals for big points. We’re not finished yet, make every dream count! :smile:

Last night I had a medium, and a short length LD. I scared some DCs, froze the ground to skate on it, and healed a DC. My DJ

In the second dream here, I had to light a candle to see an area.

Sorry for not showing up, Drd, how incredibly rude of me. I’ll have a stern word with my dream self. (Probably hiding somewhere eating all those sweets. Mwahahaha mine, all mine!) :ebil:

Latest Scores

Had an LD here this morning which at 1-2 minutes long makes it a small one for me. Unfortunately, uncooperative DCs held this one back. :sad:

Here are today’s dreams. My second dream of the morning was a short LD with no tasks done, and my third dream of the morning had me giving a speech on a stage. I’ll have the DJ entry up soon but wanted to have a post here in time for the usual score update.

A question for you: will there be time after the usual task-posting time on Friday to post dreams had that morning, or will I need to wake up early to post dreams? I want to know if I have three sleeps left to catch up or only two and a half (and the half would have less REM, making it more like a third).

So! I definitely figured something out! Here’s a couple lucids! Only one task, though, but I’m on a roll now that I got a good pattern down!

Pokemon and Palin - Short Lucid Dream - Task IV Part 1 LUCID EARLY
Birds of Fire and Ice - Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

Non-Lucids: 5
Short LDs: 3

Task I:-E WIZARD | DRUID | FIGHTER | Sat by a campfire, PALADIN, and ROGUE. | BARBARIAN
Task II:-E Teleported using a (magical) device. | Fired a lasergun. | Stargazing.
Task III:-E IRON MAN | SHADOWCAT & PROFESSOR X
Task IV:-E Scared a DC
[/spoiler]

As the clocks went back in the UK last weekend, I’ll let you have an extra hour - the challenge will officially finish at 5pm GMT this Friday.

However, I’ll grant you an additional couple of hours until Friday 9pm GMT to type up any dreams from before the deadline and potentially earn creativity points etc. Anything posted after that will be ignored, and I will recalculate everyone’s scores and announce the winner on Saturday. :partying_face:

Scipio - even though you already did the Druid task from week one, I liked your fire & ice bird transformations so much I’ve granted a lil 10 point creativity bonus. In DnD, high level druids can transform into elementals, and you were an animal and an elemental in one, which is awesome. Hail Arch-Druid Scipio the Happy Barbarian! :content:

Latest Scores

Here are some points. I had a medium-length LD in which I scared a DC again (for the Week 4 lucid bonus), met drd, and lifted and threw a huge staircase with him (Week 3 team-up and throwing a large, heavy object). I also had a short LD that ended within seconds, so no tasks were done in it.

And this morning I crashed… I’m so exhausted / tired /beat / collapsing-in-my-chair I’m NOT even gonna do my DJ tonight… Oh well…

All in all I infiltrated an organization of some kind. It was evil, but I did eventually get caught… that counts for the BLACK WIDOW task, right?

Infiltration - Non-Lucid Dream - Task III Part VI

Stats so far:

Non-Lucids: 6
Short LDs: 3

Task III:-E IRON MAN | SHADOWCAT & PROFESSOR X | BLACK WIDOW
Task IV:-E Scared a DC
[/spoiler]

Went undercover and used a laser gun in a nonlucid dream this morning.

Okay the challenge is officially over. Any dreams had before this post (5pm GMT) can still be posted for points. The cut off for additional point claims is 9PM GMT tonight, at which time I will double check everything and announce the final scores.

Final Standings

1. Thorn (965)
  2. Drd (925)
  3. Scipio Xaos (690)
  4. Mew151 (265)
  5. Letaali (260)
  6. James_uk2008 (160)
  7. Stari_maga, Hodge_Podge (50)
  8. squoak, Loah 0 (INACTIVE)

Congratulations Thorn! :clap:
It is your choice whether to host the next challenge or pass it on.

Thank you to everyone who took part. I wish you all every success in your future lucid goals and hope to see you all back for the next one!
:beer:

Congrats Thorn. It was nice to see someone keep up with me this time

Congrats Thorn! ^-^

Thanks for the challenge Obfusc8! I couldn’t focus on the challenge all that much :meh:

Congrats Thorn :smile:. See y’all in LC 46. :ok:

I don’t have plans concrete enough to start sign-ups right away—give me just a bit of time—but I’ll definitely be hosting the next challenge, or at least managing one team from it.

drd will do the same.

Scipio will as well.

You’d all best bring your A-game, as I don’t intend to let my team lose to the likes of those other dweebs!
/me flees!